Let's start off with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_-tfP4PjE8
10-03-2016 09:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tribal Offline

I Root For: William & Mary
RE: Game 6 - JMU
Nothing better than beating the Dukes at their place and throwing a big 'ol monkeywrench in their season.

One Tribe. One Family.
10-03-2016 02:37 PM
hktribefan Offline
1st String

(10-03-2016 02:37 PM)Tribal Wrote:  Nothing better than beating the Dukes at their place and throwing a big 'ol monkeywrench in their season.

One Tribe. One Family.

And taking a step toward salvaging ours!
10-03-2016 03:50 PM
hktribefan Offline
1st String

And game notes are up. Dorka out, Hooper listed as starting PK, Windmuller listed as starting at P. Gryder still out.
10-03-2016 03:55 PM
tribefbfan Offline
Special Teams

(10-03-2016 09:14 AM)hktribefan Wrote:  Let's start off with this:

That was a nice look back at a great game.

That was last year's team, but I still believe that this year's team still has a lot of fight inside them. These guys have not given up in any game. They have had mistakes occur and still continue to push through them.

The young defense is holding their own, but everyone would agree that this might be their toughest assignment yet. The game notes don't list Gryder, but we'll see at game time. Over 1100 yards on the ground for JMU so far this season. The big boys need to tackle well Saturday.

We are looking for that breakout game offensively. JMU scores in bunches, they also give up points in bunches. Not sure we can win a shootout with JMU, but I do think we can put some points on the board.

The positive view of this season (for me), is that with the exception of NCSU, no one has beaten us. We've beaten ourselves.

Eliminate the mistakes, play inspired football and we could pull off the upset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using CSNbbs mobile app
10-03-2016 04:32 PM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
tribefbfan-

I want to believe. If someone can erase my memory of the last two games, plus the last 5 trips to Harrisonburg, then I can believe we can pull this off. Perhaps the best comparable analysis was the 2012 when we also came in with a losing record in the midst of a down season(we finished 2-9). In that contest, we lost 27-26, failing on an attempt to win with a 2pt conversion in the 2nd OT(after an amazing Ortiz to McBride TD in the 2nd OT). Drake Kuhn missed a 30 yd FG that would have won it at the end of regulation. We also had a few questionable calls and one phantom whistle on a recovered onside kick. Much like our trips in 2010 and 2014, we appeared to be the better team, but were unable to finish the game off. For most of us 2004 stands as the year of both the most memorable win and most painful defeat to the Dukes. We won in Harrisonburg late in the year 27-24 in one of the most exciting road wins of the last 20 years(with the Ga Southern win and the UVA win), but the Dukes beat us in the national semis on the way to their first and only national title. 2010 saw us lose there as the #1 team in the country with JMU never completing a single pass. The House of Horrors is real. In some ways, it is comforting to be going there as a significant underdog for a change.

We have had great success against them in the past several years in basketball and other sports, but we have lost more than our share in football to them, especially in Harrisonburg. In Williamsburg, we have beaten them in 2009, 2013 and 2015 recently. Our last win in Harrisonburg was the great 2004 November contest. Nothing gives me more confidence that last week's kicking game as we go up there Saturday. Blocked punts and critical FG attempts are always important in Harrisonburg if you want to win. We should have learned by now that you have to be the vastly superior team to win there, but the bounces and the calls generally do not go our way. I vividly remember the refs last time undoing a big play for the Tribe and attempted to throw Luke Rhodes out of the game. Of course, I admit we got a couple big calls in our favor last year.- Someone can probably link the 2014 house of horrors(It was proudly titled Someone sacrifice a goat of something) thread for some humor prior to the game. The Cubs curse has nothing on our JMU Harrisonburg history.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2016 06:37 PM by TribePride91.)
10-03-2016 06:32 PM
Advertisement

tribefbfan Offline
Special Teams

TribePride91

Stranger things have happened in the 2016 season.

Many guys on this year's team can't day dream about last year, they are not last year's team. But they can reflect on the belief they had when challenged. They didn't blow people away last year, they fought for every win.

I really don't think lack of ability plays into the ineffectiveness thus far. I believe it's all in their heads.

Kendall's runs, the broken tackles, the unwillingness to go down on Saturday should send shivers down his teammate's spines. That should be contagious. If it's not, then we need their pulse. I was ready to put pads on! Lol.

I'm not looking for unsportsmanlike conduct, but I am looking for a little attitude, a posture, an enthusiasm for the game to compete.

I know how hard it is to win in Harrisonburg. What a better place to begin the streak of 6 in a row.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2016 07:33 PM by tribefbfan.)
10-03-2016 07:32 PM
hktribefan Offline
1st String

Game 6 - JMU
Last year we broke our streak of never winning on national TV against JMU. Let's get a win up there and show we're not done yet.
10-03-2016 09:10 PM
Son of Iron Indian Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: W&M Indians
If anyone needs two tickets in the WM section gratis, PM me your information and I will drop them in the mail today. First message wins.
10-04-2016 04:57 AM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
(10-03-2016 04:32 PM)tribefbfan Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 09:14 AM)hktribefan Wrote:  Let's start off with this:

That was a nice look back at a great game.

That was last year's team, but I still believe that this year's team still has a lot of fight inside them. These guys have not given up in any game. They have had mistakes occur and still continue to push through them.

The young defense is holding their own, but everyone would agree that this might be their toughest assignment yet. The game notes don't list Gryder, but we'll see at game time. Over 1100 yards on the ground for JMU so far this season. The big boys need to tackle well Saturday.

We are looking for that breakout game offensively. JMU scores in bunches, they also give up points in bunches. Not sure we can win a shootout with JMU, but I do think we can put some points on the board.

The positive view of this season (for me), is that with the exception of NCSU, no one has beaten us. We've beaten ourselves.

Eliminate the mistakes, play inspired football and we could pull off the upset.

That was 2 games ago. Now 1710 yards rushing in 5 games, 342 per game, #2 in the nation behind the triple option Citadel, ironically Coach Houston's former team.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2016 06:24 PM by BDKJMU.)
10-04-2016 06:17 AM
tribefbfan Offline
Special Teams

Those are some big numbers. It will take some game planning to counter this production. Schor's not a bad runner either.

No doubt the Tribe has its work cut out them. They will have to take advantage of every opportunity given. Can't get turnovers on their side of the 50 and not score points.

The experts will bet against the Tribe, but we have the players to compete. Will the players choose to? Will the coaches choose to open up, use all of the playermakers? Hope so.

This going to be a fun game to watch if so.

10-04-2016 08:11 AM
Advertisement

Tribe32 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tribe
This is a trap game for JMU. On paper it might not be a bad match up, but the way we've played all year makes me think otherwise. I'm not feeling good about our chances.
10-04-2016 08:30 AM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

I BELIEVE Kendall Anderson will have a huge game with over 150 yards and 2 TDs.

I BELIEVE Jonathan Dunn will add a touchdown of his own for good measure.

I BELIEVE the defense bends but doesn't break against the best offense in the country.

I BELIEVE the youngin' Corey Parker will do something to directly affect the outcome of this game.

I BELIEVE Ol' YE Laycock will coach circles around Houston.

I BELIEVE Kris Hooper, yes Kris Hooper, will drill a game winner as time expires.

I BELIEVE Steve Cluley will put together an efficient, mistake free game good for 3 TD, 0 INT, and 250 yards.

I BELIEVE I believe in Steve!

So pour some vodka in that Kool-Aid and come believe with me!

#BelieveInSteve
10-04-2016 12:39 PM
tribefbfan Offline
Special Teams

That's at least 6 TDs, you sure you're not adding moonshine to the kool-aid? I'm in!

10-04-2016 12:47 PM
tribeintexas Offline
1st String

I Root For: William&Mary
I do hope Cluley will bounce back although I have my doubts.
10-04-2016 01:30 PM
Dukester Online

I Root For: JMU
48-34 03-shhhh 02-13-banana
10-04-2016 05:56 PM
Advertisement

Mrs. Got Ribe Online
1st String

I Root For: The Tribe
JMU will be in all black on Saturday.
10-04-2016 06:37 PM
Rocco Offline
All American

I Root For: William and Mar
Dressing for their own funeral AMIRITE?
10-04-2016 06:44 PM
tribefbfan Offline
Special Teams

(10-04-2016 06:37 PM)Mrs. Got Ribe Wrote:  JMU will be in all black on Saturday.

Two years ago they came out during warm ups with purple and gold uniforms with traditional helmet. Came out of the locker room at game time all black and new shiny gold helmets.

Very dramatic. The crowd and the JMU players were pretty pumped up about that.

Our boys played them to the end, if not for an off sides penalty negating an interception the game was ours.

The uniforms won't be the difference.
10-04-2016 07:31 PM
tribefbfan Offline
Special Teams

(10-04-2016 05:56 PM)Dukester Wrote:  48-34 03-shhhh 02-13-banana

I do think it will take that many points to win, but do hope its the other way around.
10-04-2016 07:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.