Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bernie endorses Hillary
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Bernie endorses Hillary
"How to Sell Out - 101"

I find it absolutely hilarious that Bernie Sanders stood up there railed against the rich getting richer, Wall Street, and corporations exploiting tax loopholes… and then endorsed HILLARY CLINTON. A woman who made $21 MILLION in 2 years giving speeches to Wall Street executives, and used her position as Secretary of State to line her pockets and the coffers of the Clinton Foundation! 03-lmfao

He was railing against HILLARY. 03-lmfao She is the very definition of the type of corruption that Bernie despises. The idiots cheering in the crowd are just too stupid to realize that.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2016 01:26 PM by ECUGrad07.)
07-12-2016 01:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
RE: Bernie endorses Hillary
He's a party player and it demonstrates the behemoth of the 2-party system.

If he were to honestly endorse someone who really matched his views, it'd be Jill Stein.
07-12-2016 01:28 PM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
Wasnt he supposed to run as the candidate for the Green party?
07-12-2016 01:34 PM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU/ASU/NCSU
(07-12-2016 01:28 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  He's a party player and it demonstrates the behemoth of the 2-party system.

If he were to honestly endorse someone who really matched his views, it'd be Jill Stein.

I don't agree with that. Sanders has been a thorn in the side of the Democratic Party throughout his career. He hasn't ever even been a Democrat until he ran as a Democrat for president. He did that to promote his interests, not advance the interests of the party. He did everything he could to advance his objectives while under the Democratic Party tent, and this endorsement was a horse trade for his objectives.
07-12-2016 01:37 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
If you donated your $$ to Bernie Sanders your money has now gone to the top 1% THE IRONY
07-12-2016 01:39 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(07-12-2016 01:25 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  "How to Sell Out - 101"

I find it absolutely hilarious that Bernie Sanders stood up there railed against the rich getting richer, Wall Street, and corporations exploiting tax loopholes… and then endorsed HILLARY CLINTON. A woman who made $21 MILLION in 2 years giving speeches to Wall Street executives, and used her position as Secretary of State to line her pockets and the coffers of the Clinton Foundation! 03-lmfao

He was railing against HILLARY. 03-lmfao She is the very definition of the type of corruption that Bernie despises. The idiots cheering in the crowd are just too stupid to realize that.

In the end, he's just like all the others. More supporters hoodwinked.
07-12-2016 01:44 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
So, the only other candidate who railed against wall st and the TPP trade deal is endorsing the only other candidate who is in bed with wall st and called the TPP trade deal the gold standard. And the candidate who called Bernie unqualified because his ideas would bankrupt america because he had no way to pay for them now supports those bankrupting ideas in her platform and still has no idea how to pay for them.

Bernie was at least an honest man yesterday. Now he's a sellout and a liar.
07-12-2016 01:53 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Bernie wasn't an honest man yesterday. His whole platform is a pack of lies.
07-12-2016 02:07 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(07-12-2016 02:07 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Bernie wasn't an honest man yesterday. His whole platform is a pack of lies.

While thats true, the difference is he actually believed his platform.

Today, he cant say that anymore. There's no way he can believe Hillary will take on Wall St better than Trump.
07-12-2016 02:18 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
(07-12-2016 02:18 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 02:07 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Bernie wasn't an honest man yesterday. His whole platform is a pack of lies.

While thats true, the difference is he actually believed his platform.

Today, he cant say that anymore. There's no way he can believe Hillary will take on Wall St better than Trump.

I wish more left leaning politicians would stand there ground.

For all the talk about chaos in the Republican party, it is really people with principles not falling in line with the party. That is a good thing imo, whether or not you agree or disagree with their principles is irrelevant. Left leaning politicians always talk a good game, but when push comes to shove they generally cave in. That is unfortunate, especially with Sanders, because I honestly believed he meant what he was saying.
07-12-2016 02:39 PM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

I Root For: NIU, Bradley
Bernie is principled, but he's also a pragmatist, and he knows as well as anyone how Nader screwed this country giving us 8 years of Bush.

Trump and Hillary both oppose TPP. Trump however made millions off cheap Chinese labor exploiting agreements like TPP.

Hillary supports a $15 minimum wage. Trump said wages are "too high."

Hillary supports a Medicare buy in and public option. Trump wants to take away health insurance for tens of millions.

Hillary supports more Wall Street regulation. Not as much as I'd like, but more than what I've seen from Trump.

Hillary supports debt free college. Trump doesn't.

Hillary isn't racist and bigoted against Mexicans and Muslims.

Hillary believes the scientific consensus on climate change. Trump is a climate change denier and birther and overall moron.

We're stronger together and moving forward, in solidarity.
07-12-2016 03:54 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(07-12-2016 03:54 PM)Max Power Wrote:  Trump and Hillary both oppose TPP.

No, Hillary supports it, which is why its in the platform. She also now supports $15 minimum wage, which is why its in the platform.

If its in the platform, she supports it. End of story.
07-12-2016 04:02 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-12-2016 04:02 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

No, Hillary supports it, which is why its in the platform. She also now supports $15 minimum wage, which is why its in the platform.

Yeah Bernie lost the tpp battle. Clinton is for status quo on trade as is Johnson I believe. Trump is the one that wants to shake things up in that area
07-12-2016 04:07 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
At the end of the day Bernie proved to be a politician. Shocker!
You have to wonder, if Hillary would have offered up "free" college months ago would Bernie even be a spec right now?
07-12-2016 04:09 PM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

No, it's in the platform because President Obama supports it and Dem delegates balked at opposing a sitting Democratic president. Hillary just reaffirmed her opposition to TPP this morning. She supports what she says she supports.
07-12-2016 04:13 PM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU/ASU/NCSU
(07-12-2016 04:13 PM)Max Power Wrote:  

No, it's in the platform because President Obama supports it and Dem delegates balked at opposing a sitting Democratic president. Hillary just reaffirmed her opposition to TPP this morning. She supports what she says she supports.

Candidates seldom support free trade agreement. Office holders however tend to support free trade agreements. Regardless of which presidential candidate wins in November, once they are in office they will support TPP.
07-12-2016 04:21 PM
Advertisement

solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-12-2016 04:13 PM)Max Power Wrote:  

She is against it "as is"

If you speak clintonese you know what that means
07-12-2016 04:24 PM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

Eh I'm cautiously optimistic. Sen Sherrod Brown has led the fight against TPP and has enthusiastically vouched for her on this. If she tries international multilateral TPP renogotiations at least that will give us time to rally the troops for another fight, when we'll have a more progressive Congress and have a shot of blocking the next version of this thing. So she might, but it will make the base very angry and she'll need us in 4 years.
07-12-2016 04:40 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(07-12-2016 04:40 PM)Max Power Wrote:  Eh I'm cautiously optimistic. Sen Sherrod Brown has led the fight against TPP and has enthusiastically vouched for her on this. If she tries international multilateral TPP renogotiations at least that will give us time to rally the troops for another fight, when we'll have a more progressive Congress and have a shot of blocking the next version of this thing. So she might, but it will make the base very angry and she'll need us in 4 years.

So what's your alternative to TPP?

Withdraw and let all the other participants work out a deal among themselves that excludes us? Let them bring in China so that China's span of influence basically takes SE Asia away from us?

What would you do instead?
07-12-2016 05:27 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(07-12-2016 01:25 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  "How to Sell Out - 101"

He also endorsed Hugo Chavez. Just saying.' 03-lmfao
07-12-2016 06:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.