Bryant

Starkville Regional
Mississippi State
USA
Houston
Navy
Geaux Baseball America, lol!
04-20-2016 12:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
RE: Baseball regional projections
Nashville

Vanderbilt
Alabama St
Coastal Carolina
Notre Dame
04-20-2016 12:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
Let USA host over ULL
04-20-2016 07:06 PM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(04-20-2016 07:06 PM)slycat Wrote:  Let USA host over ULL

Don't think that's quite how it works
04-20-2016 07:37 PM
LaCajunsFan Offline
Banned

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
(04-20-2016 07:06 PM)slycat Wrote:  Let USA host over ULL

The next few weeks will help determine that. Of course, I might be a little biased, but I think UL is peaking at the right time. But we shall see.

Here is some more discussion about this from the BA projection:

"So then it came down to ULL vs. South Alabama. This was more challenging. USA's lead in the standings is important, and we do believe the committee would lean towards picking the regular-season champion if it really were to come down to one of these teams or the other. But right now, "Louisiana" (fift) otherwise has stronger credentials. The Cajuns are ahead in the RPI at No. 12, with the Jaguars at No. 20, and they have a much stronger top 100 record at 12-8, with USA at just 5-4. UL and USA still have to play head-to-head May 13-15, a series that could well decide who gets to play at home in the postseason and who doesn't. We're tempted to stick with USA, given its standings lead and the fact the series with ULL is at home in Mobile, but we'll go with ULL this week on the strength of its other numbers and its more positive momentum."
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2016 07:39 PM by LaCajunsFan.)
04-20-2016 07:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MOTIAW Offline
1st String

I Root For: Coastal Carolina
Baseball America:
Conway Regional
Coastal Carolina
UNC
Maryland
UNC Greensboro
04-20-2016 07:42 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Unofficially, we get to claim Coastal once Regionals begin. At that point, they will be completely done with Big South competition
04-20-2016 08:09 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I get the politics of why UL would host (they have before, large crowds, large seating capacity) but if USA wins the conference then I would hope they would have a chance to host over UL.
04-20-2016 08:48 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
(04-20-2016 08:48 PM)slycat Wrote:  I get the politics of why UL would host (they have before, large crowds, large seating capacity) but if USA wins the conference then I would hope they would have a chance to host over UL.

Gotta have the RPI. We will see how it plays out. In 2013 it was 17, so we barely missed hosting.
04-20-2016 09:03 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

Good points on the RPI. Best of luck to both teams. I'd love to see another SBC team host.
04-20-2016 09:07 PM
Advertisement

Louisiana99 Offline
All American

(04-20-2016 08:48 PM)slycat Wrote:  I get the politics of why UL would host (they have before, large crowds, large seating capacity) but if USA wins the conference then I would hope they would have a chance to host over UL.

Politics??? Whuh? While we have a good program we aren't in a P5, we aren't LSU. We are in the SBC just like the rest of you...if we host it will be because we earned it..they aren't gonna give us sht..or USA. Believe me, if either one of us host a regional we will have more than earned it. Still a lot of season left for both of us.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2016 09:08 PM by Louisiana99.)
04-20-2016 09:07 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

(04-20-2016 09:07 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  

Politics??? Whuh? While we have a good program we aren't in a P5, we aren't LSU. We are in the SBC just like the rest of you...if we host it will be because we earned it..they aren't gonna give us sht..or USA. Believe me, if either one of us host a regional we will have more than earned it. Still a lot of season left for both of us.

Good point. I guess what I meant by politics was that it's hard to get int he hosting club it's easier to host again over someone new. But I do agree any SBC team hosting is hard earned. I was happy to earn a 2 seed once in Austin. Hosting a regional with them that close is impossible unless they don't qualify. I can see LSU as a major threat since they are so close as well to UL.
04-20-2016 09:19 PM
runamuck Offline
All American

I Root For: uta
(04-20-2016 09:19 PM)slycat Wrote:  

Good point. I guess what I meant by politics was that it's hard to get int he hosting club it's easier to host again over someone new. But I do agree any SBC team hosting is hard earned. I was happy to earn a 2 seed once in Austin. Hosting a regional with them that close is impossible unless they don't qualify. I can see LSU as a major threat since they are so close as well to UL.

arent these regionals still bid on by schools. I know a-m and texas never leave town for the first round because they have the resources to bid high whenever their teams are nearing the playoffs. even tcu has a large enough stadium and some avid money backers to put up a good bid when they might have a team in a position for a high seed.
04-21-2016 07:31 AM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

(04-21-2016 07:31 AM)runamuck Wrote:  

arent these regionals still bid on by schools. I know a-m and texas never leave town for the first round because they have the resources to bid high whenever their teams are nearing the playoffs. even tcu has a large enough stadium and some avid money backers to put up a good bid when they might have a team in a position for a high seed.
You do have to bid but you also have to earn it, texas could bid their entire athletic budget this year and they won't even get in. If you earn it but don't bid, you will be on the road as a #1. In 2000 we were close to hosting so we bid, ECU didn't...we hosted as a #2 and ECU was the #1 in our regional. Your ball park also has to meet certain standards with lighting, room for press etc.
04-21-2016 07:45 AM
wcd35 Offline
Bench Warmer

The Cajuns put in a bid regardless of whether or not they think they're qualified to host. It's basically a formality. The host sites aren't chosen by who puts up the most money. In recent years the committee has done a pretty good job in selecting hosts.
04-21-2016 08:32 AM
Advertisement

Cajunman02 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappies
(04-21-2016 08:32 AM)wcd35 Wrote:  

The Cajuns put in a bid regardless of whether or not they think they're qualified to host. It's basically a formality. The host sites aren't chosen by who puts up the most money. In recent years the committee has done a pretty good job in selecting hosts.

Would we bid this year? Serious question because of the upcoming renovations that are going to go into January/February 2017.

My gut feeling is that Tony will bid because you always want to reward your team and fans with the opportunity to play at home following a great regular season, but that cuts 2 weeks out of Lemoine's schedule to get the renovation complete. I'm sure some fans would be pissed if the renovation is not complete by the start of the 2017 season.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2016 08:40 AM by Cajunman02.)
04-21-2016 08:40 AM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

(04-21-2016 08:40 AM)Cajunman02 Wrote:  
(04-20-2016 09:07 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  Politics??? Whuh? While we have a good program we aren't in a P5, we aren't LSU. We are in the SBC just like the rest of you...if we host it will be because we earned it..they aren't gonna give us sht..or USA. Believe me, if either one of us host a regional we will have more than earned it. Still a lot of season left for both of us.

Would we bid this year? Serious question because of the upcoming renovations that are going to go into January/February 2017.

My gut feeling is that Tony will bid because you always want to reward your team and fans with the opportunity to play at home following a great regular season, but that cuts 2 weeks out of Lemoine's schedule to get the renovation complete. I'm sure some fans would be pissed if the renovation is not complete by the start of the 2017 season.

I'm sure our fans would be ok with the park opening a little late if we host.
04-21-2016 08:47 AM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

(04-21-2016 08:40 AM)Cajunman02 Wrote:  
(04-20-2016 09:07 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  Politics??? Whuh? While we have a good program we aren't in a P5, we aren't LSU. We are in the SBC just like the rest of you...if we host it will be because we earned it..they aren't gonna give us sht..or USA. Believe me, if either one of us host a regional we will have more than earned it. Still a lot of season left for both of us.

We absolutely will bid for host and lemoine can still start staging equipment and getting things ready.
04-21-2016 08:52 AM
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
USA has historically been screwed by the NCAA in terms of hosting. They would always give us excuses as to why we couldn't host. In 2001 we were the #1 seed but Clemson hosted. The next year in 2002 we were the #1 seed playing in the South Bend (Notre Dame) regional. In 2013 we just barely missed out of hosting, but we did bid on a regional. I know that we'll bid again this year.
04-21-2016 09:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.