Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NCAA notifies AState Men's Basketball of secondary violations
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
NCAA notifies AState Men's Basketball of secondary violations
We think its an isolated incident from the Brady error. Apparently a staff member for the basketball team let a player use the school's adidas login to order his own gear. Player ordered far too much gear, staffer let him have the gear anyway.

Sanctions are very silly. A Public censure, which is something considerable to scolding us for being very bad, a small fine, and we have to vacate the games we won in which the athlete played. Thankfully, we stunk so dang much last year that we vacate a total of 1 game. That poor SID who has to change that record. Poor guy.
04-13-2016 11:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: NCAA notifies AState Men's Basketball of secondary violations
Release:

A former Arkansas State University director of basketball operations provided a men’s basketball student-athlete with more than $5,000 in excessive apparel, according to a decision issued by a Division I Committee on Infractions panel.
This case was resolved through the summary disposition process, a cooperative effort where the involved parties collectively submit the case to the Committee on Infractions in written form. The NCAA enforcement staff and the university must agree to the facts and overall level of the case in order to use this process instead of a formal hearing.
The former director of basketball operations deviated from his normal apparel ordering process when he provided the student-athlete with the login to the men’s basketball program’s promotional account. The staffer normally would meet with the student-athletes and place apparel orders, but the student-athlete was not on campus at the time of the order. The student-athlete then logged in and ordered $5,165 of apparel. The staffer saw the size of the order and attempted to cancel it, but was unable to do so. Once the order arrived, he arranged for the student-athlete to pick up the apparel.
The panel noted the staffer should not have deviated from the process, but that is not when the violation occurred. It occurred when the staffer provided the apparel to the student-athlete and did not report the violation to the university.
Penalties and corrective measures include:
Public reprimand and censure for the university.
A vacation of records in which the student-athlete participated while ineligible. After the release of the public report, the university will identify the games impacted.
A $5,000 fine.
Members of the Committee on Infractions are drawn from NCAA membership and members of the public. The members of the panel who reviewed this case are Michael F. Adams, chancellor, Pepperdine University; Britton Banowsky, executive director of the College Football Playoff Foundation; Melissa Conboy, deputy director of athletics at the University of Notre Dame; Alberto Gonzales, dean of the law school at Belmont University and former attorney general of the United States; Gary L. Miller, chancellor at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay; Joe Novak, former head football coach at Northern Illinois University; and Gregory Sankey, chief hearing officer, chair of the Committee on Infractions and commissioner of the Southeastern Conference.
04-13-2016 11:34 AM
RamblinRedWolf44 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas StAte
Just glad it wasn't serious that would've resulted in scholarship bans (that could've really sunk out already bad basketball program)
04-13-2016 11:52 AM
AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
The NCAA must have hit the wrong ASU for UNC-CHeat's violations.

Thanks, guys.
04-13-2016 12:01 PM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Director of basketball operations made three mistakes.
1. Allowed the player unsupervised access to pick out his allowed merchandise.
2. Saw he exceeded his limit and even though the merchandise was delivered to his office, still let the kid have it.
3. Didn't tell any one he did it.

Player made one mistake.
1. Got greedy.

Congratulations! Mr Director of Basketball Operations left AState "to pursue other interests" and the player apparently didn't like being suspended so he opted to take his talents elsewhere before league play started, and far as I know is digging lint out of his belly button because haven't seen where he landed any place else.

Two positive steps in operation clean house and well worth the $5k paid to the NCAA.
04-13-2016 03:14 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(04-13-2016 12:01 PM)AppinVA Wrote:  The NCAA must have hit the wrong ASU for UNC-CHeat's violations.

Thanks, guys.
It's a fair punishment.
04-13-2016 03:26 PM
CajunAmos Offline
All American

I Root For: Cajuns
Good thing you weren't given false ACT papers by the ACT organization. :-)
04-13-2016 03:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.