Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Search for a new head coach
Bookmark and Share
J.B. Offline

I Root For: Drexel
Search for a new head coach
The Dragons Speak Crew did a fantastic job of pulling out a list of potential candidates to be the next head coach of the Dragons. Some names are just there for show, but others may be serious candidates. Check it out.

http://dragonsspeak.blogspot.com/2016/02...ching.html
03-01-2016 10:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

RE: Search for a new head coach
My honest thoughts of that article were that our own fans put more effort into creating that list than our own athletic department will, if we move on from Bruiser this year.
03-01-2016 10:39 AM
J.B. Offline

My sources (the little birdies who have connections to the college coaching community) tell me that Bru is a goner. I can't promise anything, but that's what I hear.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2016 10:43 AM by J.B..)
03-01-2016 10:43 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

That's fair. There certainly have been signs through this season, but until it is official, I will always assume Bruiser is getting the benefit of the doubt and keeping his job. My point still stands that I have more faith that our fans put more thought into that list than our own athletic department will in conducting a search. I hope they prove me wrong and do their due diligence in finding the right guy for the job.
03-01-2016 10:56 AM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

Watch us win the tourney and get the 16 seed to save bruisers job haha
03-01-2016 06:44 PM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
(03-01-2016 06:44 PM)Dragon For Life Wrote:  Watch us win the tourney and get the 16 seed to save bruisers job haha
You could be one of the four 16 seeds to have to play in the First Four if you won the CAA Tournament.
03-01-2016 09:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bdragon Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-01-2016 09:02 PM)EvanJ Wrote:  
(03-01-2016 06:44 PM)Dragon For Life Wrote:  Watch us win the tourney and get the 16 seed to save bruisers job haha
You could be one of the four 16 seeds to have to play in the First Four if you won the CAA Tournament.

um, yeah 9-23 would definately take the 68th seed. C'mon, even joking that we win 4 straight, after winning 5 games all year, is just nonsense.

The dragonspeak list is very well done. Appreciate the passion and hard work that those guys bring to their efforts.
03-02-2016 09:38 AM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
I think that is a good call. He has had his time.
03-02-2016 04:40 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

For what it is worth Bash in his young career has also had similar issues come tournament time for Wagner. He has been there 4 years now and in the regular season finished (2nd, 2nd, T7th, 1) and outside of the 7th place finish they have been knocked out by a team seeded below them. He has had decent success winning their first game of the tournament, however outside of their 7th place finish. Personally would not be near the top of my choices for obvious reasons, but seems like many list his name as near the top of the up-and-coming list of coaches.
03-09-2016 07:45 AM
bdragon Offline
Bench Warmer

It will be interesting to see what affect the National Executive Search firm has on the process. I'm sure we'll never truly know how the search goes down. But, instinct says that if we hire a Bashir, Kennell or even Geoff Arnold, that firm was either ignored or not given the chance to be effective. If we go off the Bruiser tree, it would seem, to the outside observer, that they were influential.
03-10-2016 07:56 AM
J.B. Offline

I think Drexel is doing the right thing by hiring a search firm, and I think they will give every candidate in the country the opportunity to pursue this position. The newspapers are out trying to promote the familiar foes, whether it be Arnold or Mason, or Doug Overton. They really need to do a full national search to find the right guy. 25 years ago, Drexel brought in a really young guy with no head coaching experience and no connections to the Philadelphia area, and Bill Herrion turned out to be by far the most successful coach in Drexel Basketball history. Hopefully they won't let the newspaper columnists or familiar foes influence their decision.
03-10-2016 08:11 AM
Advertisement

Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

I am skeptical of that specific search firm because I actually had a few of them try to recruit me for business related jobs. What will they actually do just identify potential nationwide candidates?
03-10-2016 09:35 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

(03-10-2016 09:35 AM)Dragon For Life Wrote:  I am skeptical of that specific search firm because I actually had a few of them try to recruit me for business related jobs. What will they actually do just identify potential nationwide candidates?

Of course that is their job. They will take information given to them by our AD as to what they are looking for and search for people fitting that criteria. The folks who meet those criteria will likely get an interview for the job, after passing the screenings etc. At that point it is in Drexel's court how many candidates they want to interview, how long they want the search to go for. What we dont know, and will never know, is what criteria was given to them to find the next head coach for the Drexel University men's basketball team.
03-10-2016 09:46 AM
DrachenFire Offline
2nd String

03-10-2016 03:50 PM
J.B. Offline

(03-10-2016 03:50 PM)DrachenFire Wrote:  [Image: E8w826QqOJ4adki_QT5J0w0kAV8d_huEbO98C7h5...54-h111-no]

http://hoopdirt.com/daily-dirt-31016/

The guy I want meets that description. Are coaches permitted to interview while their team's season is still going on? The guy who I want is going to be in DC this weekend. With the CAA Women's Tournament and ACC Tournament both in the DC area this weekend, it would make sense if the Drexel crew is conducting some interviews in DC this weekend.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2016 04:05 PM by J.B..)
03-10-2016 04:05 PM
DrachenFire Offline
2nd String

I believe I know who you are talking about, and his team just got a very large win.
03-10-2016 05:00 PM
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

I am just hoping we get some leaks through the process so we can have some idea at the types of coaches we are looking at hiring ahead of time. As a private institution, I seriously doubt we get any leads unless someone on the other end of the conversations open their mouth to the press/social media (like Overton for example).
03-11-2016 11:03 AM
DrachenFire Offline
2nd String

I was told last night we have/will talk to an SJU assistant, which I'd assume to mean Geoff, which, duh.

As for a high academic D1 head coach mentioned in the Hoop Dirt blurb, I wonder if that could mean Furman HC Niko Medved, who was mentioned in the Dragon Speak article. Furman is actually one of the schools MetSox gave to me to research for potential candidates. Besides Medved, one of his assistants, Bob Richey, could also be a potential candidate.

Medved article

Richey article
03-11-2016 12:50 PM
J.B. Offline

I heard from my sources that Colgate's head coach (don't remember his name) may be interested.
03-11-2016 01:03 PM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

Wow... Matt Brady of JMU was fired today. I didn't see that coming
03-14-2016 12:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.