Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Postseason Ranking
Bookmark and Share
anotherNMAg Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NMSU
Postseason Ranking
Now that all the SBC bowls are over, how would you rank the SBC teams?
12-24-2015 07:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ManOnABuffalo Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
RE: Postseason Ranking
Oh dear
12-24-2015 07:35 AM
SpeedkingATL Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
I'll pass on that. stAte won the title and App and GS really represented in the bowls. Some of the bottom dwellers showed vast improvement over the year. I'll just say congrats to the 3 mentioned above and look to next year.
12-24-2015 08:14 AM
GATA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GA Southern
(12-24-2015 08:14 AM)SpeedkingATL Wrote:  I'll pass on that. stAte won the title and App and GS really represented in the bowls. Some of the bottom dwellers showed vast improvement over the year. I'll just say congrats to the 3 mentioned above and look to next year.

Looks good to me 04-cheers
12-24-2015 08:18 AM
NewJersey GATA Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
(12-24-2015 08:14 AM)SpeedkingATL Wrote:  I'll pass on that. stAte won the title and App and GS really represented in the bowls. Some of the bottom dwellers showed vast improvement over the year. I'll just say congrats to the 3 mentioned above and look to next year.

+1

Just excited about how our season ended and looking forward to 2016 in the #FUNBELT
12-24-2015 08:20 AM
SuperEagle Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: GS
The bowls wouldn't change anything in my book. When you look at the entire body of work, the top 4 are still:

1) Ark St
2) App St
3) GS
4) Ga. St

Then everyone else.
12-24-2015 08:31 AM
Advertisement

Oldyeller Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
(12-24-2015 08:31 AM)SuperEagle Wrote:  The bowls wouldn't change anything in my book. When you look at the entire body of work, the top 4 are still:

1) Ark St
2) App St
3) GS
4) Ga. St

Then everyone else.

Scratching my eyes at number 4. Who'd a thunk it? Considering hadicaps Ga St. at number one. Been a good year overall. 04-cheers
12-24-2015 08:42 AM
Baldy Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern

Well said.
12-24-2015 09:32 AM
EagleNationRising Offline
1st String

I Root For: GaSouthern
Wow! This is by far the best self controlled thread I've seen for such a question on this board. Kudos to all teams mentioned and have a happy holiday!04-cheers

/thread
12-24-2015 09:36 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
Don't care who is ranked where. I'm still jacked up about our win last night.
12-24-2015 09:38 AM
AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
It's a Christmas miracle. 04-cheers
12-24-2015 09:38 AM
Advertisement

WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
3 good teams. Hopefully a launching point for an even better showing for the Sun Belt in 2016.

stAte has entire OL and majority of defense back, and gets cracks at Toledo (home), Utah St, and Auburn to try to make the push to the next level up.

APP has a ton back (17?) and gets cracks and Miami(home), and Tennessee and Akron on the road. Can't beat ODU by enough to move the needle!

GS has a new coaching staff and is at Ole Miss, at Western Michigan, and at Georgia Tech. This could be really good, or end up like A-State's non-conference season did this year.

A-State has not done its part in winning non-conference games since winning the Bowl game in '13 and beating Utah State in '14, and it is starting to make me ill.

Anderson's offense freewheels against Sun Belt and grinds its gears against good defenses like La Tech, Mizzou, Toledo, and USC. APPs defense was good too, and that 2nd half in Boone was stAte's most impressive showing on offense.
12-24-2015 09:52 AM
Appvette Offline
2nd String

I Root For: App State
Each of the three top teams have unique bragging rights:

stAte: won conference
App: best overall record (new Belt record) and won bowl game
GS: most impressive bowl win

I'll leave it at that
12-24-2015 09:58 AM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(12-24-2015 09:52 AM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  3 good teams. Hopefully a launching point for an even better showing for the Sun Belt in 2016.

stAte has entire OL and majority of defense back, and gets cracks at Toledo (home), Utah St, and Auburn to try to make the push to the next level up.

APP has a ton back (17?) and gets cracks and Miami(home), and Tennessee and Akron on the road. Can't beat ODU by enough to move the needle!

GS has a new coaching staff and is at Ole Miss, at Western Michigan, and at Georgia Tech. This could be really good, or end up like A-State's non-conference season did this year.

A-State has not done its part in winning non-conference games since winning the Bowl game in '13 and beating Utah State in '14, and it is starting to make me ill.

Anderson's offense freewheels against Sun Belt and grinds its gears against good defenses like La Tech, Mizzou, Toledo, and USC. APPs defense was good too, and that 2nd half in Boone was stAte's most impressive showing on offense.

APP had a ton back this year too. Do they ever lose players?
12-24-2015 09:58 AM
Baldy Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(12-24-2015 09:38 AM)AppinVA Wrote:  It's a Christmas miracle. 04-cheers

The way I look at it, the conference had 4 "winners".

1. stAte ran through the conference undefeated and beat App convincingly in Boone.
2. App finished the season with the best overall record, thumped its rival, and won its Bowl game.
3. GSU thumped GS at home and actually went to a Bowl game.
4. GS took the most lumps getting destroyed at WVU, thumped in Boone and at home by GSU, but had an eye popping win against the MAC Champion.

Icing the cake was USA's win over the MWC Champion.

I say it was a pretty good year for the conference overall. 04-cheers
12-24-2015 10:05 AM
PantherPride Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GSU
Postseason Ranking
Yeah, has to just be the top four.

stAte: Won conference.

App: Wrecked GS when they played, and won 11 games. Has to be as close as 1b as you can get.

GS: I'll give it to GS, we wrecked them at home but they had a much more impressive season and that bowl only helped. That bowl win is what everyone will remember. They will refuse to remember GSU whooping them at home 😬

GSU: Vast improvement over last year but we still seemed like we wanted to give away a couple of games we won. Like letting Troy back in it at halftime. Losses to Charlotte and Liberty, will forever haunt me. Bad play calling at ULL. If we won these three games then we had an almost perfect season in my mind.
12-24-2015 11:38 AM
Advertisement

TrueBlueDrew Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
Agreed with this thread.

This season, the SBC had 3 great teams (StAte, App, GS), 3 good teams (GaSt, USA, ULL), and 3 teams that are on their way back up as we speak (TXST, Troy, ULM). The rest is just the gravy on top of a good conference!

The future is bright for the SBC!
12-24-2015 02:18 PM
High Country Student Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App. State
The only ranking that matters right now ladies and gents....

1. SBC
2. MAC

and that is a vast improvement. Cheers to a great season and let's carry the momentum into next season!
12-24-2015 02:52 PM
Eagleditka Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS Eagles
Seems like the top tier of GS, App State, and A-State have separated themselves from the rest of the conference. The next step is building depth from 4-11. If ULL avoids the NCAA hammer then they are certainly capable of being in the top tier. Georgia State and Troy took a step forward. Texas State and ULM took steps backward. Idaho and NMSU played slightly better than expected. USA had ups and downs. No telling how well Coastal Carolina transitions. There is potential here for a bounce back year in 2016.
12-24-2015 06:36 PM
anotherNMAg Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NMSU
I am happily surprised at the mutual respect and sportsmanship of everyone here. Fans like y'all make sports fun.
12-24-2015 09:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.