Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

App and GS fans
Bookmark and Share
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
App and GS fans
Which are you more proud of, last national championship, or this bowl win?
12-24-2015 12:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
RE: App and GS fans
This bowl win
12-24-2015 12:58 AM
Korr-upt Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Our last NC was the same year we took down #5. I'm going with NC.
12-24-2015 01:00 AM
AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Bowl win, hands down.
12-24-2015 01:07 AM
boroeagle2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
App and GS fans
Bowl win. It just feels bigger, hard to explain, could just be recency bias.
12-24-2015 02:10 AM
bamaEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
App and GS fans
Our last title wasn't exactly the milestone that this game was, so it's kind of apples to oranges.
12-24-2015 02:40 AM
Advertisement

hapapp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
Bowl win! Went to all 3 NCs but enjoyed my time at the bowl more than any of the NCs. A bowl is more than just the game.
12-24-2015 06:05 AM
NewJersey GATA Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
That's a tough call. I was a student during the last one and wasn't involved in the rich traditions that Southern had. Those traditions have grown a lot during the years and I've become more involved in my support for the Eagles. For that reason, this BOWL WIN is more special.

Lets also understand this, Southern would never be the program they are today without those 6 National Championship flags!
12-24-2015 07:40 AM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(12-24-2015 06:05 AM)hapapp Wrote:  Bowl win! Went to all 3 NCs but enjoyed my time at the bowl more than any of the NCs. A bowl is more than just the game.

There it is. My question to you guys is a little different. How did the bowl experience compare to the playoffs. Like you stAte has been to both and the playoffs after a bit is kind of a grind. A bowl is more fun. You have one game to prepare for. More of a happening....destination I guess.
12-24-2015 07:47 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

The win itself, the first national title was bigger.

The experience, bowl game no doubt about it.
12-24-2015 08:24 AM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

Winning National Championships felt huge but it was years ago and unless your a GS or App fan most average football fans don't even know who you are. Winning Bowl games put you on the map therefore Bowl wins are better.
12-24-2015 08:27 AM
Advertisement

Scrotumus Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS
Great question and hard to answer because they are truly different experiences. The win last night feels kind of like defeating UF in the Swamp- a box checked, a milestone, an accomplishment.

NOTHING will compare to the miracle that was the 1985 playoff run for GS fans though. Those 4 games laid the foundation and set the expectation for all the success and achievement that has followed, including the first bowl win.
12-24-2015 08:38 AM
GATA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(12-24-2015 08:38 AM)Scrotumus Wrote:  Great question and hard to answer because they are truly different experiences. The win last night feels kind of like defeating UF in the Swamp- a box checked, a milestone, an accomplishment.

NOTHING will compare to the miracle that was the 1985 playoff run for GS fans though. Those 4 games laid the foundation and set the expectation for all the success and achievement that has followed, including the first bowl win.

It was very fitting that first championship celebrated 30 years this week. 01-ncaabbs
12-24-2015 08:40 AM
YesAppCan Offline
2nd String

Was at all 3 national championship games but bowl game is my winner--by far! Great, great experience!
12-24-2015 08:52 AM
fjblair Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Appalachian
Apples and oranges to me and I wouldn't trade the national championships for anything but bowl game for the win!
12-24-2015 10:10 AM
hendoapp Offline
2nd String

I Root For: app state
The whole bowl experience was far better than any national champ. Those national championships will just fade into history of we both keep this pace up.
12-24-2015 10:21 AM
Advertisement

AppMtneer08 Offline
2nd String

(12-24-2015 08:40 AM)GATA Wrote:  
(12-24-2015 08:38 AM)Scrotumus Wrote:  Great question and hard to answer because they are truly different experiences. The win last night feels kind of like defeating UF in the Swamp- a box checked, a milestone, an accomplishment.

It was very fitting that first championship celebrated 30 years this week. 01-ncaabbs

App celebrated the 10 year anniversary of title #1 the same week of our bowl game. It all did seem very fitting, just to look how far the program has come in that time frame
12-24-2015 03:16 PM
JTApps1 Offline
1st String

I will always have great memories of the NC's, but the bowl experience is far better than anything I experienced in Chatty.
12-24-2015 09:41 PM
NWGaEagle Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Ga Southern
(12-24-2015 09:41 PM)JTApps1 Wrote:  I will always have great memories of the NC's, but the bowl experience is far better than anything I experienced in Chatty.

I'd agree, except for that game we had vs YSU with "the run" was something special. Felt very similar to the bowl game and we packed Chattanooga. That place was rocking. The city wasn't near the event host as seen in Mobile though.
12-24-2015 09:53 PM
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(12-24-2015 09:53 PM)NWGaEagle Wrote:  
(12-24-2015 09:41 PM)JTApps1 Wrote:  I will always have great memories of the NC's, but the bowl experience is far better than anything I experienced in Chatty.

I'd agree, except for that game we had vs YSU with "the run" was something special. Felt very similar to the bowl game and we packed Chattanooga. That place was rocking. The city wasn't near the event host as seen in Mobile though.

And unfortunately the weather robbed you guys of the true bowl experience this year.
12-24-2015 10:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.