Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

App @ South Alabama
Bookmark and Share
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
App @ South Alabama
App may be making its first of two trips to Mobile this month next weekend. With this as the probable bowl location I doubt many App fans make the trip.

App enters the game playing good defense and above average offense, yet not as sharp as earlier in the season due to a couple of injuries.

USA stumbles into the game and struggled versus GS's defense last week.

We may see a similar story with USA's offense this week versus IMO a slightly better defense (stats would agree), but I don't see App scoring nearly as many as GS.
11-29-2015 01:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Online

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: App @ South Alabama
(11-29-2015 01:43 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  App may be making its first of two trips to Mobile this month next weekend. With this as the probable bowl location I doubt many App fans make the trip.

App enters the game playing good defense and above average offense, yet not as sharp as earlier in the season due to a couple of injuries.

We may see a similar story with USA's offense this week versus IMO a slightly better defense (stats would agree), but I don't see App scoring nearly as many as GS.

Not many USA fans will "make the trip" either, unfortunately. Lol expect the lowest crowd of the season.
11-29-2015 01:50 PM
AppMtneer08 Offline
2nd String

(11-29-2015 01:50 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  Not many USA fans will "make the trip" either, unfortunately. Lol expect the lowest crowd of the season.

I doubt it's as low as what we played in front of at GaSt
11-29-2015 02:02 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

This is an absolute. Use win that no one will notice. Regular season is over as far as people on Alabama are concerned.

I'm no saying CJJ is on the hot seat, but lose this game and next year becomes a make or break season for him. All South fans want nothing but great things from him, and want him to be the guy that takes us to great places. He will always hold that spot in our hearts, but it may be time to make that change. We just haven't seen the improvement that we would like to see.
11-29-2015 02:13 PM
str8shooter Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GA Southern
(11-29-2015 01:43 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  App may be making its first of two trips to Mobile this month next weekend. With this as the probable bowl location I doubt many App fans make the trip.

Defensive stats between GS and App St are closer than you might think. In total defense App St. is #12 nationally and GS is #13. App St. is a little better in points per game and GS is #2 nationally in kickoff return defense and #5 in punt return defense. Both defenses are pretty stout.
11-29-2015 02:16 PM
ManOnABuffalo Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
I will be at this game, tailgating recommendations, etc would be awesome.
11-29-2015 02:16 PM
Advertisement

USAJag2011 Offline
1st String

(11-29-2015 02:16 PM)str8shooter Wrote:  

Defensive stats between GS and App St are closer than you might think. In total defense App St. is #12 nationally and GS is #13. App St. is a little better in points per game and GS is #2 nationally in kickoff return defense and #5 in punt return defense. Both defenses are pretty stout.

Our OC made a comment before the game yesterday that GS has by far the best defense in the conference.
11-29-2015 03:37 PM
USAJag2011 Offline
1st String

(11-29-2015 02:13 PM)Usajags Wrote:  This is an absolute. Use win that no one will notice. Regular season is over as far as people on Alabama are concerned.

I'm no saying CJJ is on the hot seat, but lose this game and next year becomes a make or break season for him. All South fans want nothing but great things from him, and want him to be the guy that takes us to great places. He will always hold that spot in our hearts, but it may be time to make that change. We just haven't seen the improvement that we would like to see.

Next year will be critical for Joey, IMO.
11-29-2015 03:39 PM
BurlingtonApp Offline
1st String

(11-29-2015 03:37 PM)USAJag2011 Wrote:  
(11-29-2015 02:16 PM)str8shooter Wrote:  

Our OC made a comment before the game yesterday that GS has by far the best defense in the conference.

Well I mean, he's just wrong. Especially with the "by far" qualifier.
11-29-2015 03:50 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
App has a tremendous journey to get out of those mtns down to civilization and then to the coast. It could affect their play.
11-29-2015 04:01 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

An OC the week of the game claimed the defense they were facing was the best in the conference. Well no need to look at the results, stats, etc case closed.
11-29-2015 04:29 PM
Advertisement

USAJag2011 Offline
1st String

(11-29-2015 04:29 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  An OC the week of the game claimed the defense they were facing was the best in the conference. Well no need to look at the results, stats, etc case closed.

We'll see if he says the same thing this week.
11-29-2015 04:32 PM
southjag09 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: South Alabama,
If anybody wants 4 tix and a parking pass let me know, I'm not making the trip
11-29-2015 04:35 PM
moehler Offline
1st String

(11-29-2015 04:29 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  An OC the week of the game claimed the defense they were facing was the best in the conference. Well no need to look at the results, stats, etc case closed.

After what we did to the Georgia Southern offense in Boone this year, I'm sure Fritz and his OC would disagree with the USA OC about who had the best defense in the SBC
11-29-2015 04:36 PM
USAJag2011 Offline
1st String

(11-29-2015 04:36 PM)moehler Wrote:  

After what we did to the Georgia Southern offense in Boone this year, I'm sure Fritz and his OC would disagree with the USA OC about who had the best defense in the SBC

Maybe so. Troy's OC would likely agree with though.

Personally, I don't think it really matters this week. If you sat your defense on the bench the whole game, we would likely struggle to score 21.
11-29-2015 04:44 PM
moehler Offline
1st String

Go to wonder about motivation for both teams, finishing 2nd or 3rd, isn't likely to make a difference in the quality of bowl we go to, USA has alittle motivation since they still have a shot at a bowl, probably a small crowd, I could see USA pulling the upset, especially is SS rests a lot of starters
11-29-2015 05:02 PM
Advertisement

USAJag2011 Offline
1st String

(11-29-2015 05:02 PM)moehler Wrote:  Go to wonder about motivation for both teams, finishing 2nd or 3rd, isn't likely to make a difference in the quality of bowl we go to, USA has alittle motivation since they still have a shot at a bowl, probably a small crowd, I could see USA pulling the upset, especially is SS rests a lot of starters

Why would he rest starters?
11-29-2015 05:05 PM
trapdrawApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
(11-29-2015 05:05 PM)USAJag2011 Wrote:  
(11-29-2015 05:02 PM)moehler Wrote:  Go to wonder about motivation for both teams, finishing 2nd or 3rd, isn't likely to make a difference in the quality of bowl we go to, USA has alittle motivation since they still have a shot at a bowl, probably a small crowd, I could see USA pulling the upset, especially is SS rests a lot of starters

Why would he rest starters?

Yes, why?
11-29-2015 05:25 PM
MobileBama Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: .
(11-29-2015 04:35 PM)southjag09 Wrote:  If anybody wants 4 tix and a parking pass let me know, I'm not making the trip

Give the parking pass to Man on a Buffalo so he can get inside the gates.

Man on a Buffalo, I'd stick to Dauphin Street all day then head to the stadium about 45 minutes before kick (use Uber stadium is about ten minutes from downtown but wouldn't walk it). I'll see if I can find you a VIP tent pass so you can hang out with some Jag fans and drink free beer. It will be better than hanging out in an empty parking lot. There's nothing around the stadium and with the season we're having, tailgating won't be much fun.

Stay at one of the downtown hotels if you aren't already and there are tons of bars and restaurants on Dauphin Street. Colt Ford is playing Midnight Rodeo Thursday night and Drivin N Cryin is playing Soul Kitchen Friday night and both should have a fun crowd.

Shoot me a PM if you have any specific questions about your trip. Thanks for coming
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2015 05:30 PM by MobileBama.)
11-29-2015 05:27 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
I think this year is last year reversed. We beat App last year early but at end of the year App was playing better. This year I think it is reversed
11-29-2015 05:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.