Any Jaqs making the trip over?
11-24-2015 07:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GaSouthern Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Georgia So.
South Alabama @ Georgia Southern Discussion
This should be a good one! Attendance, not so much.
11-24-2015 08:00 AM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
RE: South Alabama @ Georgia Southern Discussion

11-24-2015 08:00 AM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

(11-24-2015 08:00 AM)GaSouthern Wrote:  This should be a good one! Attendance, not so much.

You know, I'm really interested to see how the fans respond after Athens. I do get that with this being a holiday weekend, it will be a tough game for some folks to make.

I am looking forward to my first home game of the season.04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2015 08:02 AM by TheEagleWay.)
11-24-2015 08:01 AM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I wouldn't be surprised to see Upshaw get more snaps and series. I think he has earned it with his performance over the last 2 games.
11-24-2015 08:05 AM
USAJag2011 Offline
1st String

I Root For: South Alabama
After our performance last week, I would be surprised to see too many Jag fans make the trip this week.
11-24-2015 08:14 AM
Advertisement

gataeagles06 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: GS
(11-24-2015 08:05 AM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  I wouldn't be surprised to see Upshaw get more snaps and series. I think he has earned it with his performance over the last 2 games.

I really just hope we don't let the mutts beat us twice. USA has been playing some solid ball, and we had an emotional overtime loss. I have faith in our staff to get our boys ready and remind them a short memory is needed for this game.
11-24-2015 08:16 AM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

Seeing lines at Southern being 20.5 to 21 pt favorite right now.
11-24-2015 08:28 AM
USAJag2011 Offline
1st String

We have the talent and potential to win this game, but we haven't played to our full potential this year. We have yet to put 4 good quarters together.
11-24-2015 08:30 AM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I decided to swing by Jags247 and say hello but found something really odd.

What is with limiting opponents to posting to a single thread?
11-24-2015 08:32 AM
trapdrawApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
(11-24-2015 08:30 AM)USAJag2011 Wrote:  We have the talent and potential to win this game, but we haven't played to our full potential this year. We have yet to put 4 good quarters together.

In my biased opinion I feel that this week would be a fine one to put it all together. Next week, not so much.
11-24-2015 08:32 AM
Advertisement

USAJag2011 Offline
1st String

(11-24-2015 08:32 AM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  I decided to swing by Jags247 and say hello but found something really odd.

So we can still enjoy our board without every thread being taken over by "smack talkers".
11-24-2015 08:41 AM
SkullyMaroo Offline

(11-24-2015 08:32 AM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  I decided to swing by Jags247 and say hello but found something really odd.

You can thank ValleyBoy and others from last year for that. We aren't opposed to discussion with anyone, but when rivals come and run off USA posters who don't want to deal with those posters, then we have to take action. We used to have a rival board when we were on Scout. But we don't have that on 247, so the mods there (I am not one) decided it best to have all opponent drivel from be confined to a single thread. Btw, we've only had to do this for 2 fanbases...
11-24-2015 08:54 AM
sidslidkid Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
South Alabama is going to be on the receiving end of a lot of pent up frustration following last week's loss.
[Image: 1601kp1.jpg]
11-24-2015 09:15 AM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

(11-24-2015 08:54 AM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  

You can thank ValleyBoy and others from last year for that. We aren't opposed to discussion with anyone, but when rivals come and run off USA posters who don't want to deal with those posters, then we have to take action. We used to have a rival board when we were on Scout. But we don't have that on 247, so the mods there (I am not one) decided it best to have all opponent drivel from be confined to a single thread. Btw, we've only had to do this for 2 fanbases...

Each to their own I guess.
11-24-2015 09:16 AM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern

Some people misinterpret the things we say.

Also you have to understand that ValleyBoy and TALON are basically parody accounts. They're good guys that just like to have fun. Learn that and you can appreciate it more.

That being said, the only place I've ever seen us actually in flame mode is PantherTalk. You see some of that bleed over in here on Gast threads.

Highly doubt anything really inflammatory was said on your board, it just wasn't taken well by your members....especially after the way the game worked out last year.
11-24-2015 09:25 AM
Advertisement

USAJag2011 Offline
1st String

(11-24-2015 09:25 AM)eaglewraith Wrote:  

Some people misinterpret the things we say.

Also you have to understand that ValleyBoy and TALON are basically parody accounts. They're good guys that just like to have fun. Learn that and you can appreciate it more.

That being said, the only place I've ever seen us actually in flame mode is PantherTalk. You see some of that bleed over in here on Gast threads.

Highly doubt anything really inflammatory was said on your board, it just wasn't taken well by your members....especially after the way the game worked out last year.

No one one at JagsJungle gets offended by the posts at all. I'm more offended by what some of our own fans say. I actually enjoy ValleyBoy's posts. We just prefer to keep a separate thread to keep them in, that's all.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2015 09:37 AM by USAJag2011.)
11-24-2015 09:28 AM
ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy

Now Skully why are you telling lies about ValleyBoy. ValleyBoy know how the game is played. Last year Valleyboy did visit your message board and started the following thread with the following post.
Quote:Whoa unto South Alabama.

The Wraith of the Eagle Nation us about to descend a pond you.

One bad bunch of Eagles are about to set up roost in the port city.

* Georgia Southern fans, please confine your comments to this thread for the week.

JagsJungle.com Mods

Now your MOD added what ValleyBoy has BOLDED in the above post to ValleyBoy orginal post. All ValleyBoy's post except for one post is in that one thread. The other post is in the game day thread where ValleyBoy posted after the game ended the following.
Quote:Good game USA. I hope Ya'll can get your receivers to stop dropping the ball that was one of the big differences in the game

When visiting other teams message board before a upcoming game ValleyBoy following the rules of there messageboard just as long as there fans also follow the same rules, which is keep the trast talk in one thread.
11-24-2015 09:39 AM
soar#417 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GaSo
(11-24-2015 08:14 AM)USAJag2011 Wrote:  After our performance last week, I would be surprised to see too many Jag fans make the trip this week.

I'm bringing two over with me so you at least have them?
11-24-2015 09:41 AM
USAJag2011 Offline
1st String

(11-24-2015 09:15 AM)sidslidkid Wrote:  South Alabama is going to be on the receiving end of a lot of pent up frustration following last week's loss.
[Image: 1601kp1.jpg]

I hope our guys are equally as pissed after losing to Georgia State (no offense to Georgia State). I know they will be giving it their all this week in practice and one thing I know about a Joey Jones/Travis Pearson coached defense, is that he will have a good game plan (I thought we handled you guys very well on defense last year). It will be up to our guys to execute and our offense will have to get it together and sustain drives. That is what worries me the most about this game, we tend to go for the big play a little too often, which often results in 3 and outs (hopefully your secondary isn't good against the deep ball this week). We can't afford that this week. We may not have enough chances to score. This will be our young defenses' first encounter with the triple option, we will find out how disciplined they can play.
11-24-2015 09:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.