Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Just assuming
Bookmark and Share
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
Just assuming
Georgia St. fans I am assuming that yalls head coach will be sticking around for awhile. Thoughts on it because I know a lot of the fan base seemed displeased with him at the beginning of the season.
11-21-2015 09:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
RE: Just assuming
Assume nothing. Win next two an things get interesting.
11-21-2015 10:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
Geez, if GA St. wins two more he may get an extension.
11-21-2015 10:32 PM
itsmeagain Offline
1st String

I Root For: GSU
I won't assume anything, but from my perspective, i think he's probably earned himself a renewal. I said before the season that 4 wins would keep him, and we have that. Last season, we had one win against an FCS team that had just moved up (and barely got that one). This season, we have an OOC win , three in conference wins, one of which was a blow out and another against a team we arguably shouldn't have won against. This is progress, and if we can continue to progress, i think we'll be where we need to be. The biggest issue i see right now is losing Arbuckle, he's about as fantastic of a QB as we could dream for, and while i've heard Sciefe is pretty legit, those are some big shoes to fill.
11-21-2015 10:33 PM
TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(11-21-2015 10:03 PM)panama Wrote:  Assume nothing. Win next two an things get interesting.

See you on Friday. Will be a tough matchup for my Trojans.
11-21-2015 10:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RoyK Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Georgia
Eh I with Panama on this one.
11-21-2015 10:44 PM
Advertisement

Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
He needs one more year.
11-21-2015 10:47 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(11-21-2015 10:33 PM)itsmeagain Wrote:  I won't assume anything, but from my perspective, i think he's probably earned himself a renewal. I said before the season that 4 wins would keep him, and we have that. Last season, we had one win against an FCS team that had just moved up (and barely got that one). This season, we have an OOC win , three in conference wins, one of which was a blow out and another against a team we arguably shouldn't have won against. This is progress, and if we can continue to progress, i think we'll be where we need to be. The biggest issue i see right now is losing Arbuckle, he's about as fantastic of a QB as we could dream for, and while i've heard Sciefe is pretty legit, those are some big shoes to fill.

You guys are fools if you dump him. Your season is already a runaway success. Ga State wasn't even FCS quality when he showed up.
11-21-2015 11:15 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(11-21-2015 11:15 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(11-21-2015 10:33 PM)itsmeagain Wrote:  I won't assume anything, but from my perspective, i think he's probably earned himself a renewal. I said before the season that 4 wins would keep him, and we have that. Last season, we had one win against an FCS team that had just moved up (and barely got that one). This season, we have an OOC win , three in conference wins, one of which was a blow out and another against a team we arguably shouldn't have won against. This is progress, and if we can continue to progress, i think we'll be where we need to be. The biggest issue i see right now is losing Arbuckle, he's about as fantastic of a QB as we could dream for, and while i've heard Sciefe is pretty legit, those are some big shoes to fill.

You guys are fools if you dump him. Your season is already a runaway success. Ga State wasn't even FCS quality when he showed up.
There is the matter of us being 4-6 and should be at worst 7-3...
11-21-2015 11:19 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

There is also the matter that he inherited a dumpster fire and is showing progress.
11-21-2015 11:29 PM
panama Offline
Legend

It's year three and those three losses are inexcusable.
11-21-2015 11:40 PM
Advertisement

CatMom Online
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
It would take at least 5 years to vet previous recruits and get his in place. If you had no depth, that has to be built up too. Then there's the obstacle of a losing culture mindset to overcome; which came into this season with the team as a whole.

The winning has started. They've now figured out how to not lose it at the end. They've tasted it and are starting to run with it. It isn't going to happen overnight.

From a fan of a team that has never been very good long term, you should just sit back and start enjoying the ride he's starting to take you on.
11-22-2015 12:22 AM
Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
I certainly have no inside info on the leanings of the athletic department, but he's definitely starting to win me over.
11-22-2015 01:22 AM
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
I say get rid of him!!!!
11-22-2015 01:35 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(11-21-2015 11:29 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  There is also the matter that he inherited a dumpster fire and is showing progress.

The dumpster is no longer on fire in Atlanta.
11-22-2015 01:43 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

Some fans have no idea how football programs are built and the time it takes to turn programs around. This isn't basketball where two players can make you a contender.

From the start some fans had unrealistic expectations.
11-22-2015 07:43 AM
Advertisement

JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
(11-22-2015 07:43 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Some fans have no idea how football programs are built and the time it takes to turn programs around. This isn't basketball where two players can make you a contender.

From the start some fans had unrealistic expectations.

This. He has them competing this year there is concrete evidence of improvement. I don't see how you fire a guy when you are finally trending up.
11-22-2015 10:12 AM
jim121256 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Ga Southern
I agree with the "keep him" school of thought. GSU may have been the worst FBS team ever when Miles arrived. The first year was predictably ugly. Last year's team showed signs of life, even though the record didn't indicate it. This year's team has been clearly better. I said when he was hired that I thought Miles was the right man for this job, and I still think he is. The problem is that it's pretty hard to fathom just how bad GSU was when he arrived.

Two things are brought up over and over: recruiting and attendance. Recruiting will get better (especially in talent-rich Atlanta) as they win. I expect to see a better recruiting year this season than in the past, and then he'll have more talent on which to build. As to attendance, all I can say is that attendance figures tend to reflect won-lost records to a great extent in sports at any level.

As a Georgia Southern fan, it's okay with me if GSU lets him go, but I think it would be a big mistake.
11-22-2015 10:19 AM
GaSouFan6 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Ga. Southern
The entire rationale of hiring Miles was because he had experience turning around a dumpster fire program. He won 1 game his first two seasons at Indiana State before having a breakout season in the third year.

He goes to Georgia State, wins 1 game his first two seasons and is having a breakout year in the third season. Seems like he's pretty much on track with what y'all were touting when he was hired. Let the man work.
11-22-2015 10:37 AM
runninjoe Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: stAte
Miles ceiling seems around .500-.600 given his past results.
11-22-2015 10:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.