Must win game # 1 of 2!
11-11-2015 11:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JPWMU Offline
1st String

I Root For: \/\/ |\/| |_|
RE: We're on to NIU
Got to score TDs in the red zone and on turnovers.

Secondary has got to make plays.

Linebackers have to get outside and stop the run.

Defensive line has to get some type of penetration.

Terrel has to make better reads and let the ball go sooner. He's looked really out of sorts at time. If he wants to be the leader of the team, he HAS to play much better!

We've got to adjust in time crunch situations. Check with me offense doesn't work in hurry up situations.

We have a shot, but we have a lot of issues to correct if we want to compete with NIU it UT in their houses.
11-12-2015 12:27 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
ZT needs to shake his case of the shanks before then...

Anyone else scream repeatedly "THROW THE F$(%*$ING BALL!!!!" every time he dropped into the pocket and held it for what seemed like eternity tonight? My voice is ruined...
11-12-2015 01:05 AM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

I Root For: LawyersGuns n $
It's not ZT's fault, quit trying to hang this on a kid, we were outcoached. End of discussion.

You drunkass moron.
11-12-2015 01:09 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-12-2015 01:09 AM)rtletterman Wrote:  It's not ZT's fault, quit trying to hang this on a kid, we were outcoached. End of discussion.

You drunkass moron.

Sometimes I fall victim to opening one of your messages... and this one made me laugh...

Im not hanging it on the kid you douche bag... He would admit as much as any one that he didn't have his A game tonight... and it wasn't his fault we lost... and I never said it was... The entire team came out flat... and it showed.

BGSU is a better team than WMU right now... Period... Now go take your meds and relax a bit... I might be a moron... but F YOU for accusing me of being drunk.... 05-mafia
11-12-2015 01:14 AM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(11-12-2015 01:05 AM)flushtheherd Wrote:  ZT needs to shake his case of the shanks before then...

Anyone else scream repeatedly "THROW THE F$(%*$ING BALL!!!!" every time he dropped into the pocket and held it for what seemed like eternity tonight? My voice is ruined...

Zach didn't have his best game, for sure.

Regarding the holding of the ball, I understand but I have read all season and maybe not you but many others repeatedly writing that they were very impressed with ZT "hanging in and waiting to the last second to deliver a perfect strike in the face of a ferocious pass rush".

Well tonight ... he did the same but deliver that perfect strike. When sacked maybe he didn't "Throw it away" because there wasn't anywhere to simply do that? When picked he seemed to "over ride" his better sense as he appeared to hurry and force it to avoid another sack.

I think the issue was that there wasn't the open receiver as often as maybe the past.

Me keeps thinking Peej is sandbagging the TE waiting to open a can of whup butt in big game and messing with the minds of the opponents. But nope. Apparently what we saw earlier was either ZT making the read or some anomaly not to be revisited again. I dunno for sure but I cant help but wonder why Henry and Carrington what's name are out there. I thought this team was choke full of quality wide outs. No?

Take away the run and force WMU into an obvious passing situation and now you take away B and D and your toast. Even I can figure it out.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2015 01:22 AM by gobaseline.)
11-12-2015 01:21 AM
Advertisement

flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-12-2015 01:21 AM)gobaseline Wrote:  
(11-12-2015 01:05 AM)flushtheherd Wrote:  ZT needs to shake his case of the shanks before then...

Zach didn't have his best game, for sure.

Regarding the holding of the ball, I understand but I have read all season and maybe not you but many others repeatedly writing that they were very impressed with ZT "hanging in and waiting to the last second to deliver a perfect strike in the face of a ferocious pass rush".

Well tonight ... he did the same but deliver that perfect strike. When sacked maybe he didn't "Throw it away" because there wasn't anywhere to simply do that? When picked he seemed to "over ride" his better sense as he appeared to hurry and force it to avoid another sack.

I think the issue was that there wasn't the open receiver as often as maybe the past.

Me keeps thinking Peej is sandbagging the TE waiting to open a can of whup butt in big game and messing with the minds of the opponents. But nope. Apparently what we say earlier was either ZT making the read or some anomaly not to be revisited again. I dunno for sure but I cant help but wonder why Henry and Carrington what's name are out there. I thought this team was choke full of quality wide outs. No?

Take away the run and force WMU into an obvious passing situation and now you take away B and D and your toast. Even I can figure it out.

I wasn't the one clamoring over ZT hanging in the pocket, however I did think to myself the kid has some serious rocks to be holding on to it in previous games to make THAT pass... however I have always thought that he locks on to his go to route too early... He missed Fabian wide open on that last drive into the red zone on 3rd down... he locked on Davis from the snap and never even realized he had Johnson in the flat... just one example...

I think that ZT is a MUCH better passer when he can move out of the pocket.... and gets a better vision of the field. Seems like every time he's pushed out and is moving laterally he makes a strike and finds a guy open. When he doesn't make that first read and has to hold on for a longer read... he seems to gamble with the ticking pocket clock and more often than not either coughs up a bad pass or gets sacked...

I really think that he just had a bad night tonight... didn't make the right reads, read the D wrong... and when he had chances he made a few mistakes... happens. But Davis dropped a sure TD and Braverman had some slippery hands too tonight... the boys just didn't bring the A game...
11-12-2015 01:28 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:the boys just didn't bring the A game..

Or, we're just in a decade-plus rut against 'A caliber' competition. Deep down I don't think anyone who's followed WMU football for any length of time is too surprised by tonight's result.

Interested to see how the rest of the season plays out. But it almost feels written in the stars already.
11-12-2015 02:47 AM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

I Root For: LawyersGuns n $
Name a good team we've beaten in two years.
11-12-2015 05:38 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Any win against a team that went bowling could be considered "good." BG and CMU last year, probably CMU this year so far.

"Great" signature wins? We'd have to go back 15 years to name a couple. (2000 - @ Marshall, vs Toledo).

We obviously beat a few P5's along the way, but I'm just thinking of MAC races.
11-12-2015 06:16 AM
goldsworth Offline
1st String

(11-12-2015 06:16 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Any win against a team that went bowling could be considered "good." BG and CMU last year, probably CMU this year so far.

"Great" signature wins? We'd have to go back 15 years to name a couple. (2000 - @ Marshall, vs Toledo).

Im no Xs and Os guy but I have watched a lot of Bronco football and it never seems to matter who the coach is or how many stars we have on the team WMU falters when it comes to the "big" game They just cant seem to get over the hump. Im very pessimistic about the next two games. With the talent level on this team I really thought WMU would run the table not so sure after this performance. The performance felt a lot like the Georgia State game except they were even more dominate against WMU.
11-12-2015 07:03 AM
Advertisement

JPWMU Offline
1st String

I Root For: \/\/ |\/| |_|
(11-12-2015 07:03 AM)goldsworth Wrote:  
(11-12-2015 06:16 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Any win against a team that went bowling could be considered "good." BG and CMU last year, probably CMU this year so far.

Im no Xs and Os guy but I have watched a lot of Bronco football and it never seems to matter who the coach is or how many stars we have on the team WMU falters when it comes to the "big" game They just cant seem to get over the hump. Im very pessimistic about the next two games. With the talent level on this team I really thought WMU would run the table not so sure after this performance. The performance felt a lot like the Georgia State game except they were even more dominate against WMU.

Man, ain't that the truth. I've been a Bronco fan since I started school there in '99. We had a couple big wins here or there since then, but the overwhelming majority is SOB. Can't win the big game. Regardless of who the coach or players are, we just haven't been able to get the monkey off our back. I'm glad that the administration and coach Fleck have acknowledged that and are trying to change that, rather than SOB.
11-12-2015 08:43 AM
Dirty Ernie Offline
Heisman

Everybody looked tight. One downside of the "better every day" is there is never a time to just relax and gather yourself. Coach looks wound up like an 8 day clock. I'm worried about him. Needs to let it go a bit.

Actually, (the "if" game), if Davis catches the bomb and we get the the little swing pass at the end we are even. Even on a night we suck, we had a shot.

Onward for the Brown and Gold. Our destiny is still out there. Relax and have a little fun with it.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2015 09:02 AM by Dirty Ernie.)
11-12-2015 08:59 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Remember BG played 3 P5 schools and a ranked Memphis team in OOC. If they swapped out Tennessee for an FCS scrub, no question they'd be ranked right now at 9-1 with only a 4 point loss at #21 Memphis.
11-12-2015 09:04 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(11-12-2015 09:04 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Remember BG played 3 P5 schools and a ranked Memphis team in OOC. If they swapped out Tennessee for an FCS scrub, no question they'd be ranked right now at 9-1 with only a 4 point loss at #21 Memphis.

The Tigers, could lose the next two games at Houston and Temple. Their signature win over Ole Miss, might not look too good with Ole Miss having LSU and @Miss State still on the schedule. Ole Miss can end up 7-5.

Btw, BG's Memphis loss was 3 points in the Doyt.
11-12-2015 09:20 AM
okgc Offline
Heisman

Back to the short lived NIU discussion
11-12-2015 09:23 AM
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
NIU is gifting Fleck a game. QB is a back up to an average starter, and they're missing their best playmaker. Home field is irrelevant in these weekday games.

If anyone is going to evaluate PJ Fleck this game is the measuring stick.
11-12-2015 09:30 AM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

7-5 is right where I predicted we'd be.
11-12-2015 09:41 AM
Wheres_Waldo? Offline
Special Teams

(11-12-2015 01:09 AM)rtletterman Wrote:  It's not ZT's fault, quit trying to hang this on a kid, we were outcoached. End of discussion.

You drunkass moron.

That was not a "normal" performance from Terrell. I would like to her his assessment of the game after breaking down the video
11-12-2015 09:42 AM
bossman68 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Football
(11-12-2015 05:38 AM)rtletterman Wrote:  Name a good team we've beaten in two years.

Exactly, that's why your boy PJ will still be here next year.
11-12-2015 09:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.