Saturday, Nov. 14:
Jacksonville at App. St.
Central Baptist at Little Rock
Fordham at Texas-Arlington

Sunday, Nov. 15:
Reinhardt at Troy
ULM at Minnesota
South Alabama at NC State
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 09:28 PM by GaSoEagle.)
11-09-2015 09:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MobileBama Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: .
RE: 1st weekend of Belt bball-- Fri 11/13 thru Sun 11/15
Troy at South Florida
ULM at Minnesota

I believe all of these are winnable.
11-09-2015 09:26 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
My goal for the Belt this year is to get into the top 15 RPI. I know that is not a big jump from last year but it would show progress. Hopefully Coastal Carolina next year will help us with this also.
11-09-2015 09:28 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
We have UT Tyler on the 16th. . . . . at Strahan and The WALL . . . .

Go KasparBall. . . . .
11-09-2015 09:32 PM
FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
(11-09-2015 09:26 PM)MobileBama Wrote:  Troy at South Florida
ULM at Minnesota

I would hope Fordham (they are DI) at UTA on homecoming night would be as well...
11-09-2015 10:24 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
We can beat SIU Edwardsville, new coach, new system over there. Whether or not I expect our basketball team to win is another story.
11-09-2015 10:37 PM
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
ULM at Minnesota

I haven't looked at NC State's roster, but aren't they expected to be good this year? They went to the Sweet 16 last year and receiving vote in both the AP and Coaches polls. I hope we come out and beat NC State and LSU, who is currently ranked. If I'm not mistaken, we've beaten the last 2 ranked opponents we've faced (Florida State and Florida).
11-09-2015 10:45 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

Several teams including us are playing 1 of our 2 non-D1 games Fri.

I am hoping the league will reduce the allowable non D1 games from 2 to 1 next year. Those games are just not much fun to watch
11-10-2015 10:45 AM
AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
(11-09-2015 10:45 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
ULM at Minnesota

I haven't looked at NC State's roster, but aren't they expected to be good this year? They went to the Sweet 16 last year and receiving vote in both the AP and Coaches polls. I hope we come out and beat NC State and LSU, who is currently ranked. If I'm not mistaken, we've beaten the last 2 ranked opponents we've faced (Florida State and Florida).

NC State will be really tough. They're big, deep, talented and experienced on the front line and have a really good point guard. USA might have an advantage in the backcourt, but, if they do, it will be slight.
11-10-2015 11:29 AM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

For USA to beat NC St in Raleigh would be a major upset. Hope it happens
11-11-2015 11:10 PM
Dracorex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
the C-USA thread on week 1 of basketball already has 17+ pages. I really do wish you guys cared about the sport. The SBC used to be such a fun basketball conference.
11-12-2015 12:16 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(11-12-2015 12:16 PM)Dracorex Wrote:  the C-USA thread on week 1 of basketball already has 17+ pages. I really do wish you guys cared about the sport. The SBC used to be such a fun basketball conference.

I'll be honest, it's hard for me to watch College Basketball anymore. The game has changed so much, and not for the better honestly. Literally, the only College Basketball I watched last year was the first two days of the NCAA tournament. Barely watched anything else.

Sun Belt Wise, we have one basketball first school in the league. You guys have at least 4, maybe more.
11-12-2015 12:20 PM
NewJersey GATA Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
(11-12-2015 12:20 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(11-12-2015 12:16 PM)Dracorex Wrote:  the C-USA thread on week 1 of basketball already has 17+ pages. I really do wish you guys cared about the sport. The SBC used to be such a fun basketball conference.

I'll be honest, it's hard for me to watch College Basketball anymore. The game has changed so much, and not for the better honestly. Literally, the only College Basketball I watched last year was the first two days of the NCAA tournament. Barely watched anything else.

Sun Belt Wise, we have one basketball first school in the league. You guys have at least 4, maybe more.

I completely agree. I use to be an avid college basketball fan, but the season seems to drag and just seems too long. I barely can even put a NBA game on the tube as well! I'm amazed it has such a strong following.

The problem with basketball is that EVERY GAME isn't as important as it is in football. One game can make or break a season in football.

Even to make the dance in college basketball (at least the SBC), you MUST win your conference championship game. Winning the regular season title is almost pointless. Basically rest your players and don't overwork them so they are fresh for the conference tournament!
11-12-2015 12:32 PM
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

I Root For: ULM
(11-12-2015 12:32 PM)NewJersey GATA Wrote:  

I completely agree. I use to be an avid college basketball fan, but the season seems to drag and just seems too long. I barely can even put a NBA game on the tube as well! I'm amazed it has such a strong following.

The problem with basketball is that EVERY GAME isn't as important as it is in football. One game can make or break a season in football.

Even to make the dance in college basketball (at least the SBC), you MUST win your conference championship game. Winning the regular season title is almost pointless. Basically rest your players and don't overwork them so they are fresh for the conference tournament!

I'm looking very forward to it, especially after this football season disaster. Anyone know how Minnesota is this year? ULM plays them on the Big 10 Network Sunday and I plan to watch. Would think we have a shot.
11-12-2015 12:55 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-12-2015 12:55 PM)Arrowhead Wrote:  

I'm looking very forward to it, especially after this football season disaster. Anyone know how Minnesota is this year? ULM plays them on the Big 10 Network Sunday and I plan to watch. Would think we have a shot.

Don't they have a former FIU Coach as Head Coach there?
11-12-2015 01:00 PM
chiefsfan Offline

For the record, at least 90 percent of the CUSA 18 page thread is an argument between WKU and ODU fans about playing non D1 games.
11-12-2015 01:01 PM
Advertisement

balanced_view Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana

there are a lot of things wrong with college basketball right now, but the every game is not important like football, is not at the top of the list. the biggest issue is with the quality of play. there is a lot of bad basketball being played over the last few years. also, the stars in the sport don't stay long, so fans don't get to connect with them ( mostly at power school) but really, basketball excitement is high at places where they expect good teams, so maybe its just a matter of having good teams to support before you get excited.
11-12-2015 04:32 PM
Vobserver Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Louisiana
(11-12-2015 12:55 PM)Arrowhead Wrote:  

Your signing class looks pretty good, even though most of them talk funny. I expect the Warhawks to be pretty salty for the next few years.

We ALL need to upgrade our schedules and to win more OOC, but I believe we are trending upwards as a conference. Now if we can just get NMSU all sports, along with either MoSt or EKU, the league might actually be respectable again.
11-12-2015 04:47 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
(11-12-2015 01:01 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  For the record, at least 90 percent of the CUSA 18 page thread is an argument between WKU and ODU fans about playing non D1 games.

Can we assume that WKUYG showed up with charts and graphs?
11-12-2015 06:05 PM
Eagleditka Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS Eagles
ULM at Minnesota

Those are also the three most interesting games of the weekend by far.
11-12-2015 06:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.