Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Larry Rose III
Bookmark and Share
aggies22ncaatourneyappearances Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NMSU
Larry Rose III
was offered by Texas State out of HS but to play corner back, and not running back. I bet you guys wish you offered him as a RB.

207 yards rushing, 65 yards receiving.

Now has 1,290 yards rushing on the season with 3 games remaining.
11-07-2015 07:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Godzilla Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST
RE: Larry Rose III
yep.
11-07-2015 07:44 PM
bokobobcat1919 Offline
Sun Belt

I Root For: Texas State
No.. his potential wouldn't have been realized under Fran
11-07-2015 07:48 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Rose would have played tight end under Franchione...
11-07-2015 07:57 PM
Advertisement

CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

(11-07-2015 07:40 PM)aggies22ncaatourneyappearances Wrote:  was offered by Texas State out of HS but to play corner back, and not running back. I bet you guys wish you offered him as a RB.

The announcers stated, repeatedly, Rose had 1 FBS offer and NMSU was it. http://247sports.com/Player/Larry-Rose-3...tion=20962

Even if it was true, you have to have a OLine that opens holes and an actual offense that would tailor to the RB...which, we have no idea what our O does, exactly.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2015 09:06 PM by CatMom.)
11-07-2015 08:14 PM
tx.state Offline
Special Teams

Talked to Rose's family at the stadium tonight...they said TXST wanted him, but as a cornerback. Whether or not he was officially offered doesnt really matter. 247 doesnt know every offer either, they just report what they hear.

Either way I was very impressed with his running...he's the best RB we have faced this year and that includes Brieda and Dalvin Cook (FSU).
11-08-2015 02:23 AM
Water Engineer

(11-07-2015 08:14 PM)CatMom Wrote:  
(11-07-2015 07:40 PM)aggies22ncaatourneyappearances Wrote:  was offered by Texas State out of HS but to play corner back, and not running back. I bet you guys wish you offered him as a RB.

The announcers stated, repeatedly, Rose had 1 FBS offer and NMSU was it. http://247sports.com/Player/Larry-Rose-3...tion=20962

Even if it was true, you have to have a OLine that opens holes and an actual offense that would tailor to the RB...which, we have no idea what our O does, exactly.

Actually, he wasn't offered. But Texas State wanted him as a corner back. I guess they never offered.
11-08-2015 02:38 AM
Advertisement

boroeagle2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
Larry Rose III
I know Coach Fritz said before our game with NMSU that he had recruited Rose when at SHSU. Spoke very highly of him, and there is no doubt he's a great RB. The Belt has a plethora of good backs.
11-08-2015 09:56 AM
SoCalBobcat78 Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST, UCLA, CBU
(11-08-2015 02:23 AM)tx.state Wrote:  Talked to Rose's family at the stadium tonight...they said TXST wanted him, but as a cornerback. Whether or not he was officially offered doesnt really matter. 247 doesnt know every offer either, they just report what they hear.

Either way I was very impressed with his running...he's the best RB we have faced this year and that includes Brieda and Dalvin Cook (FSU).

There is no question that he is a good running back. He is shifty with good speed. But it is easy to see why he got overlooked and that Fran wanted him as cornerback. He is not a big kid. He was 170 pounds coming out of high school. He was also an all-district CB in high school.

He is not big and does not have blazing speed, so a Big 12 or SEC team would not be interested. He found an FBS school that wanted him and it is working well for both New Mexico State and Rose.

When I watch Dalvin Cook, I see an NFL running back. I don't think the two compare. He is much bigger and much faster than Rose. He was a five star running back that everyone wanted. He won the Mr. Florida Football award. Cook just rushed for 194 yards yesterday against the top ranked team in the country (Clemson) and one of the top defenses in the country.

You could put Matt Breida or Robert Lowe at NMSU and they would have success there. Doug Martin hit on this kid and he is going to build his offense around him. He would do that with Breida or Lowe as well.

Any running back or quarterback can have a career day against our defense. It happens every week. Overall, the conference is not good defensively. So there are inflated numbers each week in this conference.
11-08-2015 07:51 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
Slasher Back Conference.
11-09-2015 09:36 AM
Advertisement

Water Engineer

(11-08-2015 07:51 PM)SoCalBobcat78 Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 02:23 AM)tx.state Wrote:  Talked to Rose's family at the stadium tonight...they said TXST wanted him, but as a cornerback. Whether or not he was officially offered doesnt really matter. 247 doesnt know every offer either, they just report what they hear.

There is no question that he is a good running back. He is shifty with good speed. But it is easy to see why he got overlooked and that Fran wanted him as cornerback. He is not a big kid. He was 170 pounds coming out of high school. He was also an all-district CB in high school.

He is not big and does not have blazing speed, so a Big 12 or SEC team would not be interested. He found an FBS school that wanted him and it is working well for both New Mexico State and Rose.

When I watch Dalvin Cook, I see an NFL running back. I don't think the two compare. He is much bigger and much faster than Rose. He was a five star running back that everyone wanted. He won the Mr. Florida Football award. Cook just rushed for 194 yards yesterday against the top ranked team in the country (Clemson) and one of the top defenses in the country.

You could put Matt Breida or Robert Lowe at NMSU and they would have success there. Doug Martin hit on this kid and he is going to build his offense around him. He would do that with Breida or Lowe as well.

Any running back or quarterback can have a career day against our defense. It happens every week. Overall, the conference is not good defensively. So there are inflated numbers each week in this conference.

Larry Rose III, is the nations third leading rusher. He is up to 185 pounds, and has blazing speed, so not sure what you're talking about. Just ask your linebacker, who Rose ran over for that touchdown.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14076679

If Rose stays at NMSU for all four years, he is going to probably rush for over 6,000 career yards, which would leave him in the top 10 all-time in rushing yards.
11-09-2015 01:54 PM
WashingtonAggie Offline
Water Engineer

Good grief.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 06:29 PM by CatMom.)
11-09-2015 02:29 PM
SoCalBobcat78 Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST, UCLA, CBU
(11-09-2015 01:54 PM)aggies22ncaatourneyappearances Wrote:  

Larry Rose III, is the nations third leading rusher. He is up to 185 pounds, and has blazing speed, so not sure what you're talking about. Just ask your linebacker, who Rose ran over for that touchdown.

If Rose stays at NMSU for all four years, he is going to probably rush for over 6,000 career yards, which would leave him in the top 10 all-time in rushing yards.

If he stays all four years? You actually think he might come out early? He was flying under the radar because he was 170 pounds and he ran an 11.6 in the 100 meters in track. He is not blazing fast and he is not that big.

Now he has added 15 pounds at NMSU and he is a quick, shifty back. He was a nice find by Martin. But he is not leaving early for the NFL. He is not that type of back. He can run for over 200 yards against Idaho and Texas State. He is not the first to do that. But Florida held him to 64 yards and Ole Miss to 26 yards. The challenge is to run well against better defenses.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 05:47 PM by CatMom.)
11-09-2015 04:43 PM
Advertisement

Water Engineer

(11-09-2015 04:43 PM)SoCalBobcat78 Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 01:54 PM)aggies22ncaatourneyappearances Wrote:  

If he stays all four years? You actually think he might come out early? He was flying under the radar because he was 170 pounds and he ran an 11.6 in the 100 meters in track. He is not blazing fast and he is not that big.

Now he has added 15 pounds at NMSU and he is a quick, shifty back. He was a nice find by Martin. But he is not leaving early for the NFL. He is not that type of back. He can run for over 200 yards against Idaho and Texas State. He is not the first to do that. But Florida held him to 64 yards and Ole Miss to 26 yards. The challenge is to run well against better defenses.

He already added 14 pounds from his freshman to sophomore year, I'm sure he gain another 20 from here until his senior year. He does have break away speed. I guess you missed the 77 yard TD run. He has had some big touchdown runs this season. The kid is explosive. I'm looking forward to watching him the next couple of years.
11-09-2015 06:23 PM
NuMexAg Offline
2nd String

I think Martin knows Rose's strengths - and limitations.
Until the Idaho game he hadn't overused him by trying to run him 25-30 times a game. Against Idaho (OT) he got 25 carries and now 31 against Texas State. And he is using him in the passing game where Rose can use his shifty speed to his advantage. He's a great fit for us - but Martin knows how to use his talents to their best advantage. Our O line is actually pretty good (well...compared to some of the rest of our units), so that helps a lot too.
11-09-2015 06:26 PM
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

We saw it and you're giving our D way too much credit on that run.
11-09-2015 06:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.