Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Likely bowl games
Bookmark and Share
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
Likely bowl games
With the Red Wolves winning last night they are clearly the favorite to win the league at this point. I would think the Mobile Bowl would pick them again. It seems they have traveled well to Mobile in years past.

If Louisiana gets to 6 wins (which I expect) it seems almost a given that they will be headed back to NO for the NO Bowl.

So that leaves basically Montgomery, Orlando and a possible back up in Arizona between Ga. Southern, App. St. and a 5th Belt team if we can get a 5th team eligible.

I am thinking App to Montgomery and Ga. Southern to Orlando.

That sound about right?
11-06-2015 11:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
RE: Likely bowl games
(11-06-2015 11:14 AM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  With the Red Wolves winning last night they are clearly the favorite to win the league at this point. I would think the Mobile Bowl would pick them again. It seems they have traveled well to Mobile in years past.

If Louisiana gets to 6 wins (which I expect) it seems almost a given that they will be headed back to NO for the NO Bowl.

So that leaves basically Montgomery, Orlando and a possible back up in Arizona between Ga. Southern, App. St. and a 5th Belt team if we can get a 5th team eligible.

I am thinking App to Montgomery and Ga. Southern to Orlando.

That sound about right?

That would make the most sense given geography however if Orlando gets East Carolina as the American rep then they may prefer App St to create a bigger game atmosphere.

Also if New Orleans has the first pick they possibly could go with stAte because they know stAte would travel well and they may want to have a change of teams this year.
11-06-2015 11:21 AM
Crump1 Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
If we go back to Mobile for a 5th time on Dec. 23rd we will not bring a great crowd. Much easier for our fans to sit that one out given the date and the recent history than it would be for another fanbase. Honestly, send ULL to Mobile. It is an easier trip for their fans. We would bring a good crowd to NO or Montgomery.
11-06-2015 11:38 AM
BankerCajun Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UL
I can see Ark State in New Orleans, time for a change..
IF the Cajuns get to 7 or 8 wins I can see them in Mobile, if we win only 6 games its off to Montgomery, My opinion...

App State in Orlando, and GaSo in either Mobile or Montgomery, wherever the Cajuns don't go....

Unfortunately, the Cajuns could go 5-7, yikes!!!
GaSt, is going to be a battle, Cajuns will have to score 30 or more to expect to win..
South Alabama, playing them on the road with 5 days rest, if we lose to GaSt we will probably lose...
New Mexico State, at home, I think we win, NMSU is struggling..
App State, on the road, struggling as of lately, but I think the Cajuns lose this one...
Troy, I saw how they played on the road at App St..

Not looking good for my Cajuns...
It all rides on this weekend, if we pull out a win we could get on a roll, that is what happened last year at Cajun Field. It started with a come from behind win over GaSt....
11-06-2015 11:59 AM
ButlerGSU Offline
Special Teams

Theoretically, South Florida could be sent to the Cure Bowl instead of ECU...that'd make for a good match up with Georgia Southern...
11-06-2015 12:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
Bowl selection is just one more thing to speculate about. I wish there were a better way to figure it out so fans can plan trips. Maybe a big shake up.
Astate to NOLA
ULL to Montgomery
GS to Orlando
App to Mobile
11-06-2015 12:06 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
I think for the league this year, it would be better if ULL didn't go to New Orleans. That Mobile bowl is at a not so great time this year, and I think most Arkansas State fans would rather travel to one of those first Saturday Bowls.

That being said, if we go to Mobile, I'll be there. My family can get over my Christmas tardiness.
11-06-2015 12:12 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
So many scenarios to go through right now. A lot depends on teams that have been very hard to predict winners.

I say if stAte wins it, they go to NO Bowl.

After that, it's all a guess at best.
11-06-2015 12:15 PM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
For the league, Cajuns in Nola is best and it's not even close. Our worst attendance would be more than anyone else could bring anywheres else. We would put more money in the coffers than anyone. I don't think you realize how many alumni we have in Nola. The city would feel the hit more than the game, might not be as many that would go and spend 3-4 days but we would still bring a lot to the game. We just would have more going for the night or making the drive.
11-06-2015 12:44 PM
indianE Offline
2nd String

I'm really hoping for NOLA this year for stAte! Followed by Montgomery (only bc I'm sure one of the eastern teams will go to Cure). I would like a change of scenery from Mobile, plus the new date sucks

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
11-06-2015 12:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kb325 Offline
2nd String

I think ULL at the NOLA Bowl as well as stAte at the Go Daddy might be getting old...things get stale...some fans will stay home because they've been there done that 3 or 4 times already. Things need to be shook up some....if only for a year.
11-06-2015 12:52 PM
Advertisement

NewJersey GATA Offline
1st String

(11-06-2015 12:44 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  For the league, Cajuns in Nola is best and it's not even close. Our worst attendance would be more than anyone else could bring anywheres else. We would put more money in the coffers than anyone. I don't think you realize how many alumni we have in Nola. The city would feel the hit more than the game, might not be as many that would go and spend 3-4 days but we would still bring a lot to the game. We just would have more going for the night or making the drive.

Valid point, but ULL is in need for a scenery change. Unfortunately they seem stuck in this bowl for the foreseeable future because of location of fans/alum.

Personally, there needs to be a bowl in Atlanta for SBC. A premier city in the south, accommodating hotels, dome for December, lots of Alum from many Universities in SBC. Just seems like a no brainer.
11-06-2015 12:57 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-06-2015 12:57 PM)NewJersey GATA Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 12:44 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  For the league, Cajuns in Nola is best and it's not even close. Our worst attendance would be more than anyone else could bring anywheres else. We would put more money in the coffers than anyone. I don't think you realize how many alumni we have in Nola. The city would feel the hit more than the game, might not be as many that would go and spend 3-4 days but we would still bring a lot to the game. We just would have more going for the night or making the drive.

Valid point, but ULL is in need for a scenery change. Unfortunately they seem stuck in this bowl for the foreseeable future because of location of fans/alum.

Personally, there needs to be a bowl in Atlanta for SBC. A premier city in the south, accommodating hotels, dome for December, lots of Alum from many Universities in SBC. Just seems like a no brainer.

Eh, we all already play one neutral site game in Atlanta per year anyway.
11-06-2015 12:58 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State

Well, if you have your bowl game in Atlanta or Dallas or somewhere....nobody is going to care and/or notice. You are a blip on the radar.

With a Mobile or Birmingham, you are the big deal for the day.

So there is a tradeoff on all things.
11-06-2015 01:00 PM
NewJersey GATA Offline
1st String

We also have to see who the bowl committee select from the MAC for Montgomery and Mobile.

Western Michigan is 5-0 in their conference and has played Georgia Southern already this season.

I'm unaware of the pecking order of bowls for the MAC.

Has any other bowl eligible team in SBC played a MAC opponent?
11-06-2015 01:08 PM
NewJersey GATA Offline
1st String

(11-06-2015 01:00 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  

Well, if you have your bowl game in Atlanta or Dallas or somewhere....nobody is going to care and/or notice. You are a blip on the radar.

With a Mobile or Birmingham, you are the big deal for the day.

So there is a tradeoff on all things.

That's a valid point. The only Bowl games I've been to have been major cities like ATL, Orlando, Toronto (yes Toronto Canada), Miami.

Smaller cities would make the game the focal point of the city for that day. With the big cities you could barely know there was a sporting event taking place that day.
11-06-2015 01:13 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

From reading around:

One of the favorites to fill the New Orleans Bowl spot for CUSA is La Tech. Cajuns already played La Tech this season, and bowl games hate rematches. Toledo is one of the favorites to fill the MAC spot in Mobile, and they've already played Arkansas State this year.

If the Cajuns go 6-6 or 7-5, and Tech becomes the CUSA rep, I could easily see New Orleans taking Arkansas State instead of the Cajuns. I could also see Go Daddy letting Toledo go somewhere else if it starts to look like they will end up with the Red Wolves.
11-06-2015 01:36 PM
ButlerGSU Offline
Special Teams

It's like they were trolling my comment from before:

[Image: 2w6x6k5.png]

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/25861...ff-outlook
11-06-2015 02:30 PM
ThaGinga Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TxSt/FSU/CFB
(11-06-2015 02:30 PM)ButlerGSU Wrote:  It's like they were trolling my comment from before:

I would recommend never using that site again. Not even printed out to wipe your ass when you run out of TP. (They put Utah in both the Peach bowl and Rose bowl) 03-lmfao
11-06-2015 02:41 PM
ButlerGSU Offline
Special Teams

(11-06-2015 02:41 PM)ThaGinga Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 02:30 PM)ButlerGSU Wrote:  It's like they were trolling my comment from before:

I would recommend never using that site again. Not even printed out to wipe your ass when you run out of TP. (They put Utah in both the Peach bowl and Rose bowl) 03-lmfao

Ha! The Utes can handle it...

USA Today also has Georgia Southern against USF in the Cure Bowl:
http://sportswire.usatoday.com/2015/11/0...l-playoff/
11-06-2015 02:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.