Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game 9 - Elon
Bookmark and Share
hktribefan Offline
1st String

I Root For: William & Mary
Game 9 - Elon
Important game as this gets us to 7 wins and keeps our team rolling. Weather looks like it could be a factor, and Elon has been playing better than people thought they would. Can't sleep on them, but we can pick up a nice road win.

It was great to see Rhodes back starting, and Haislip played on special teams. Wonder if they were easing him back in, and hopefully he can contribute at LB. I've seen nothing on Reeves, but hope he isn't banged up too bad. This is a game we can rest him if needed before Towson (who all of a sudden is making a playoff push) and Richmond.
11-03-2015 10:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

zablenoise Offline
Heisman

RE: Game 9 - Elon
Elon really worries me. It could be a huge letdown after the JMU win and we almost let them into the game at Zable last year. We need to step on their throat early and not let up.
11-03-2015 10:46 AM
3xTribe Online
Special Teams

I Root For: W&M Tribe
After 51 pages of commentary on the JMU game thread, what's the over/under on comments to this thread? If we win, I say 12. If we lose, 45 pages of sheer anguish.
11-03-2015 10:56 AM
tribefbfan Offline
Special Teams

The stakes are high and a win is needed against Elon. I happen to think that a loss to JMU would have created a hangover game in Elon with a ltetdown possible. The fact that our boys won a great, exciting game gives them a view at the conference title, possible a bye in the playoffs, possibly a high seed in the playoffs. I think they know that they now control their own destiny. They don't have to worry about what another team does or doesn't do, they just win and they get all of that going into the playoffs.

I bet they come out inspired and ready to take care of business.
11-03-2015 11:33 AM
Tribal Offline

Re: RE: Game 9 - Elon
(11-03-2015 10:46 AM)zablenoise Wrote:  Elon really worries me. It could be a huge letdown after the JMU win and we almost let them into the game at Zable last year. We need to step on their throat early and not let up.

We're going to destroy Elon. JMU beat them 51-0 a couple weeks ago; UNH and UR beat them soundly in Oct. They've scored more than 14 in two games this season...one vs Gardner-Webb in triple OT and last game vs SBU and those 21 points were largely because they collected 4 INTs.

vs SBU: 11 first downs, 30% 3rd down conversions, 71 rushing yards and sacked 3 times.

JMU rushed for over 400 yards on these guys. UR rushed for 250. UNH rushed for 235.

Conversely, Elon can't run. They'll use two QBs who will throw for maybe 200 yards with 2 picks and they'll only get that many yards trying to erase a first quarter 14 point deficit. We'll absolutely run all over them on our way to a blowout.

The only question for this game is whether or not McKee or Mosley will be permitted to throw when one of them subs in for Doc to open the 4th quarter.
11-03-2015 11:37 AM
LeadBolt Offline
All American

After Delaware, I'd be surprised if we fell asleep against anyone else this year. Elon is scary because of last year. Luckily the coaches and most of the players remember that. Towson has improved and will be tough. Richmond is always tough.

W&M is one of only 2 teams in the CAA that control their own destiny as far as a conference the championship and potential seeding and bye in the playoffs goes. That's huge and I trust that these guys understand that they have worked too hard to let that slip away at this point in the season.

I like the way this team doesn't quit and keeps coming back. That doggedness and persistence, along with their talent and coaching can take them far, but as we all know, it takes doing it one week at a time, every week that gets the job done.

GO TRIBE!
11-03-2015 11:48 AM
Advertisement

zablenoise Offline
Heisman

(11-03-2015 11:37 AM)Tribal Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 10:46 AM)zablenoise Wrote:  Elon really worries me. It could be a huge letdown after the JMU win and we almost let them into the game at Zable last year. We need to step on their throat early and not let up.

We're going to destroy Elon. JMU beat them 51-0 a couple weeks ago; UNH and UR beat them soundly in Oct. They've scored more than 14 in two games this season...one vs Gardner-Webb in triple OT and last game vs SBU and those 21 points were largely because they collected 4 INTs.

vs SBU: 11 first downs, 30% 3rd down conversions, 71 rushing yards and sacked 3 times.

JMU rushed for over 400 yards on these guys. UR rushed for 250. UNH rushed for 235.

Conversely, Elon can't run. They'll use two QBs who will throw for maybe 200 yards with 2 picks and they'll only get that many yards trying to erase a first quarter 14 point deficit. We'll absolutely run all over them on our way to a blowout.

The only question for this game is whether or not McKee or Mosley will be permitted to throw when one of them subs in for Doc to open the 4th quarter.
You're the soothsayer. I predicted we'd blow out Delaware and struggle with Stony Brook. So what do I know
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 03:51 PM by zablenoise.)
11-03-2015 12:52 PM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M
I think it's great we have a new conference mate close-by and not relegated to I 95N to get there. For those looking to make it a weekend, nice location nearby RDU triangle.

They have a beautiful campus and one of the nicer stadiums in the CAA.

I think we will see a 28-3 game.

In time, this should develop into a nice rivalry for us.
11-03-2015 01:29 PM
Tribeheart Online
Heisman

(11-03-2015 01:29 PM)Sitting bull Wrote:  I think it's great we have a new conference mate close-by and not relegated to I 95N to get there. For those looking to make it a weekend, nice location nearby RDU triangle.

They have a beautiful campus and one of the nicer stadiums in the CAA.

I think we will see a 28-3 game.

In time, this should develop into a nice rivalry for us.

Shame this wasn't next week in tandem with the NC State basketball opener on Friday night.
11-03-2015 01:32 PM
Paulbintheburg Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tribe
(11-03-2015 10:56 AM)3xTribe Wrote:  After 51 pages of commentary on the JMU game thread, what's the over/under on comments to this thread? If we win, I say 12. If we lose, 45 pages of sheer anguish.

Pretty much, oh and on Anderson's 3rd TD of the game he does a chest thump, then half the comments will be about his character.
11-03-2015 01:47 PM
Rocco Offline
All American

I Root For: William and Mar
(11-03-2015 01:47 PM)Paulbintheburg Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 10:56 AM)3xTribe Wrote:  After 51 pages of commentary on the JMU game thread, what's the over/under on comments to this thread? If we win, I say 12. If we lose, 45 pages of sheer anguish.

Pretty much, oh and on Anderson's 3rd TD of the game he does a chest thump, then half the comments will be about his character.

He'll moon the crowd on his 4th TD to draw another flag and spawn 15 more pages.

Elon's scoring 12 points/game. They give up 4.5 yards/carry. They're 4-10 on field goals. Show up, run the ball 70 times, win by 14 and go home.
11-03-2015 03:07 PM
Advertisement

zablenoise Offline
Heisman

Their football stadium HAS to be nicer than their basketball arena. That looked like a church league gym
11-03-2015 03:52 PM
Paulbintheburg Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tribe
(11-03-2015 03:07 PM)Rocco Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 01:47 PM)Paulbintheburg Wrote:  

He'll moon the crowd on his 4th TD to draw another flag and spawn 15 more pages.

Elon's scoring 12 points/game. They give up 4.5 yards/carry. They're 4-10 on field goals. Show up, run the ball 70 times, win by 14 and go home.

Maybe this offseason he will learn the Harpsichord and every time he scores he can shake hands with each official and thank them personally, then go to the sideline and entertain the season ticket holders behind the bench with a concert.
11-03-2015 04:13 PM
wm1981 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: William and Mar
This post has nothing to do with the Elon game, except that I plan to be there. I have followed the boards for quite a while, but have never joined in the fun until now. I love all things W&M, with the possible exception of the Griffin! Looking forward to adding my two cents, if my opinions are worth that much
11-03-2015 04:30 PM
Tribal Offline

(11-03-2015 04:30 PM)wm1981 Wrote:  This post has nothing to do with the Elon game, except that I plan to be there. I have followed the boards for quite a while, but have never joined in the fun until now. I love all things W&M, with the possible exception of the Griffin! Looking forward to adding my two cents, if my opinions are worth that much

Only 499 post to go until you join "the secret club."

Welcome aboard.
11-03-2015 04:43 PM
wanm65 Online
Special Teams

I Root For: W&M
(11-03-2015 04:43 PM)Tribal Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 04:30 PM)wm1981 Wrote:  This post has nothing to do with the Elon game, except that I plan to be there. I have followed the boards for quite a while, but have never joined in the fun until now. I love all things W&M, with the possible exception of the Griffin! Looking forward to adding my two cents, if my opinions are worth that much

Only 499 post to go until you join "the secret club."

Welcome aboard.

Plus 1
11-03-2015 04:47 PM
Advertisement

TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe

My kids love the Griffin. I thought it would be a way for the Tribe to restore the feathers to the logo and still have hope for that.

In keeping with the thread, Elon's punter averages 41.6 yards per punt. Gotta say something about the Phoenix. Plus, their kicker has made 11 extra points in 8 games.
11-03-2015 05:57 PM
nogretheogre Offline
Lord of Bots & Tots

Elon's soccer team is the only CAA team in the top 25, so...oh wait, they have football.
11-03-2015 06:17 PM
Tribe Fan Offline
Special Teams

JL commented on how young Elon is and for what he has seen they are getting better each week as a young should do as a season progresses . He complimented thier coach and the job he is doing and how the program is going in the right direction. We saw what a hungry young team can with UD , no need to say anything else.
Pound the run, let Steve hit timely passes to keep them honest then let our D take control. Simple...sure sounds like it should be...
11-03-2015 06:56 PM
Tribal Offline

(11-03-2015 05:57 PM)TribePride91 Wrote:  

My kids love the Griffin. I thought it would be a way for the Tribe to restore the feathers to the logo and still have hope for that.

In keeping with the thread, Elon's punter averages 41.6 yards per punt. Gotta say something about the Phoenix. Plus, their kicker has made 11 extra points in 8 games.

Right, my kids love the Griffin, too. I don't think Griffin is supposed to appeal to people who graduated in 1981. We have tailgate booze at halftime for them.
11-03-2015 07:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.