Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Week 10 predictions
Bookmark and Share
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Week 10 predictions
Home teams win

Ark state @ App State... I think Ark States offense keeps it interesting much like Troy did but doesn't hang around late. I really don't think stAte will run it as fast as we did. And I think App will be more ready for the up tempo.... App wins 43-27

ULM @ TROY... Troy offense continues what it's done in the past two weeks. TROY 41 ULM 21

ULL @ Ga State.... Upset alert.... But is it really a upset? Not really... GSU wins 38-24

Idaho @ USA.... Idaho isn't the same without epps... Idaho puts a scare in them tho.... USA wins 28-20

NMSU @ Texas State.... Pretty easy HC win for the Bobcats... Texas state wins 44-21
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2015 09:07 PM by Atlanta Trojan.)
11-01-2015 09:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: Week 10 predictions
(11-01-2015 09:05 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  Home teams win

Ark state @ App State... I think Ark States offense keeps it interesting much like Troy did but doesn't hang around late. I really don't think stAte will run it as fast as we did. And I think App will be more ready for the up tempo.... App wins 43-27

ULM @ TROY... Troy offense continues what it's done in the past two weeks. TROY 41 ULM 21

ULL @ Ga State.... Upset alert.... But is it really a upset? Not really... GSU wins 38-24

Idaho @ USA.... Idaho isn't the same without epps... Idaho puts a scare in them tho.... USA wins 28-20

NMSU @ Texas State.... Pretty easy HC win for the Bobcats... Texas state wins 44-21

Thing is, you can't really compare Troy and stAte for 2 reasons. 1: We don't play this year, and 2: Both teams run such different styles of play.

Troy does not have much of a running game, so they have to rely on short quick passes to move the ball. stAte has a much better running game, and has a better receiving corps, but doesn't have a QB to stand in the pocket and make quick throws.

The other difference is that while we stop the run pretty darn well, we've got a major weakness through the air. We possess the capability to slow App's running game, but might struggle if App cut Lamb loose because we'll have a hard time staying with App's receivers in man coverage.

We may use some of Troy's concepts, but ultimately we'll try and beat App State using a completely different approach.
11-01-2015 09:13 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(11-01-2015 09:13 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Thing is, you can't really compare Troy and stAte for 2 reasons. 1: We don't play this year, and 2: Both teams run such different styles of play.

Troy does not have much of a running game, so they have to rely on short quick passes to move the ball. stAte has a much better running game, and has a better receiving corps, but doesn't have a QB to stand in the pocket and make quick throws.

The other difference is that while we stop the run pretty darn well, we've got a major weakness through the air. We possess the capability to slow App's running game, but might struggle if App cut Lamb loose because we'll have a hard time staying with App's receivers in man coverage.

We may use some of Troy's concepts, but ultimately we'll try and beat App State using a completely different approach.

Maybe so. Who knows, I could be bias, but I think Troy and App are playing the best ball in the conference right now. I think stAte could give them another scare.
11-01-2015 09:33 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(11-01-2015 09:33 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  

Maybe so. Who knows, I could be bias, but I think Troy and App are playing the best ball in the conference right now. I think stAte could give them another scare.

Troy is playing their dead level best right now. The question is, if AState and Troy both played to their dead level best, could we beat App State, while Troy ultimately fell short.

By the way, most of us are still screaming at Neil Brown for going for it on Fourth and two in the 3rd OT.
11-01-2015 09:36 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(11-01-2015 09:36 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Troy is playing their dead level best right now. The question is, if AState and Troy both played to their dead level best, could we beat App State, while Troy ultimately fell short.

By the way, most of us are still screaming at Neil Brown for going for it on Fourth and two in the 3rd OT.

Who knows... But we are improving. Next year will be interesting.

I don't disagree with that call from Neal brown... Had we gotten it and won the game everyone would be talking about how great it was.

He's a risk taker. It just didn't get executed well. Btw. We ran that same play eariler in the year and it worked.
11-01-2015 09:46 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
(11-01-2015 09:46 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  

Who knows... But we are improving. Next year will be interesting.

I don't disagree with that call from Neal brown... Had we gotten it and won the game everyone would be talking about how great it was.

He's a risk taker. It just didn't get executed well. Btw. We ran that same play eariler in the year and it worked.

The App players knew a fake was coming. Apparently the field goal unit was calling "regular" or something to that extent outloud which helped he guys know not to go straight up but to drive into the line.
11-01-2015 10:20 PM
Advertisement

eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern

I don't have a problem with it. On the road as an underdog, sometimes you have to roll the dice. They could have put the game away.

That said. RUN YOUR ******* OFFENSE. Then is not the time to get cute. And if you're gonna run it, don't run it right into the teeth of App's DL. We can tell you that's not a recipe for anything good.
11-01-2015 10:22 PM
RustonCAT Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte/Latech

How is losing to Idaho and S. Alabama and beating a 0-7 team = playing the best ball?
11-02-2015 12:53 AM
TheMackAttack Offline
2nd String

I Root For: App State
Arkansas State @ Appalachian State - App 41-20

Louisiana-Monroe @ Troy - Troy 38-17

Louisiana-Lafayette @ Georgia State - ULL 31-24

Idaho @ South Alabama - USA 31-20

New Mexico State @ Texas State - TXST 41-13
11-02-2015 01:50 AM
Ed Harley Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: stAte
(11-02-2015 12:53 AM)RustonCAT Wrote:  

How is losing to Idaho and S. Alabama and beating a 0-7 team = playing the best ball?

That's what I'm wondering as well. 01-wingedeagle
11-02-2015 02:19 AM
QueencityApp Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Appalachian St
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm sure Troy played up to the competition but they played us the best out of any team so far this year sans Clemson. I felt it was much like our games last year with AState and ULL, given essentially no shot at a W but go in there with a nothing to lose attitude. It will be very interesting to see how Troy plays the rest of the season and if this was a one week deal. I'm guessing not, I was impressed.
11-02-2015 07:01 AM
Advertisement

moehler Offline
1st String

with the improvements of both Troy and Georgia State, things just got a lot tougher for Georgia Southern
11-02-2015 07:20 AM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

stAte @ App St 31-24

ULM @ TROY 42-31

ULL @ Ga State 28-21

Idaho @ USA 37-35

NMSU @ Texas State 31-28
11-02-2015 08:28 AM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

(11-02-2015 07:20 AM)moehler Wrote:  with the improvements of both Troy and Georgia State, things just got a lot tougher for Georgia Southern

Hang on, I'll put on my serious face.

Wait....nope, sorry....can't manage it.

Things could have gone several different ways in our game last year, and it was obvious ya'll had improved from that point last year when we played last.

Troy and Gast? We destroyed both of them. Even if they have gotten better, there's no reason for us to be scared of them. We also beat Troy with no semblance of a passing game, including missing a wide open Breida on what would have been a TD pass (he was like 30 yards wide open....horrible execution on that one).
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 08:36 AM by eaglewraith.)
11-02-2015 08:35 AM
ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
(11-02-2015 07:20 AM)moehler Wrote:  with the improvements of both Troy and Georgia State, things just got a lot tougher for Georgia Southern

Yes, Troy and Georgia State are much better teams this year than they were last year. But have they improved enought to take down Georgia Southern.......Southern fans are going to say a big NO until they "show me".

Its the same for Georgia fans they know that they are down this year but none will say Georgia Southern will beat their Dogs until the Eagles go out an do it.

Now I have a feeling that Troy program is on the way back up and will be a force inside the conference but Troy still has to go out and get the job done.
11-02-2015 08:56 AM
Saint3333 Online
Hall of Famer

GS, App beat Troy 50-14 last year, I wouldn't rest on the results of last year.
11-02-2015 10:00 AM
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(11-02-2015 02:19 AM)Ed Harley Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 12:53 AM)RustonCAT Wrote:  

Different team now than when we played then... The system is finally clicking with our team.

App lost to liberty and USA last year but went on a 7 game win streak beating stAte and ULL to end the season.. Difference team to end the season.
11-02-2015 10:07 AM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(11-02-2015 10:00 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  GS, App beat Troy 50-14 last year, I wouldn't rest on the results of last year.

Let the Georgia southern fans think they will steam roll us on last years results... It will be a fun game to watch if they believe this.
11-02-2015 10:10 AM
jim121256 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Ga Southern
(11-02-2015 10:10 AM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 10:00 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  GS, App beat Troy 50-14 last year, I wouldn't rest on the results of last year.

Let the Georgia southern fans think they will steam roll us on last years results... It will be a fun game to watch if they believe this.

Yeah... because it's what the fans think that gets a team ready for a game!

Seriously, I'm curious about something here. We pretty much ran wild Thursday against a team that's had very little success stopping the run all year, so I don't think anything's been proven yet on our side. In the App - GS game, we provided the conference with a complete blueprint on how NOT to attack the App defense and how NOT to stop their offense. I know.... there are people in Boone that will claim it was their plan to stop us and attack our defense, but we'll let them think that way. Has the conference learned anything (that they can use) about stopping either App or GS from what they saw in that beating we took?

Now for my contrarian thought for the day. Everybody says we need to throw effectively to enhance the running game. We were as efficient throwing the ball Thursday against Texas State as we've been all year long. The question is, would 1 or more (or all four) of those 35+ yard touchdowns been stopped short of the end zone if the DBs had been forced to play back a bit, thus giving them a chance at an angle on our RB? I know that on the long run by Fields, it became 11 guys chasing one guy from behind by the time he was 5 yards downfield. Maybe our ineffectiveness throwing the ball makes our running game more explosive!03-lmfao
11-02-2015 11:08 AM
LatahCounty Offline
1st String

I Root For: Idaho
If it's the Idaho that showed up for ULM and the first half of the NMSU game, Vandals win 31-20. If it's the Idaho that played the second half in Las Cruces, Jaguars win 45-21.
11-02-2015 11:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.