WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Looking ahead.....what's the scoop on Ball State???
Broncos83 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
Looking ahead.....what's the scoop on Ball State???
I've seen bits of their games. Thought they looked pretty good against Northwestern. Young QB it appears. Mobile guy but not sure how much he takes off and runs. Not sure about their RBs. Sneed gone at WR. Thought their D looked good against NW. Seemed as if Lembo was on the rise but may have peaked. Not sure what to expect or be concerned with. Always worried about teams that can run the ball (thought EMU had a solid run game). Guesses on the point spread?
11-01-2015 09:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

RE: Looking ahead.....what's the scoop on Ball State???
From what I've seen of their games, we just need to worry about us. If our team executes, we should be pummeling them by the 4th quarter. We have horses guys.

I'm more worried about community support. Kalamazoo needs to get to this game. I know there is a good $11 promotion; are people getting pounded in the face with the promotion though? They should be.
11-01-2015 09:46 AM
uclabruin Offline
1st String

I Root For: Against USC
Break in temps..just hope for no rain...tough turnaround for Ball St. Saturday then a road game
11-01-2015 09:47 AM
Broncos83 Offline
All American

Far more worried about the students than the community. Our students are.....I'll stop there. Let's just say they could do better and I'm regularly disappointed in their turnout. Don't want to get a "students thread" going back and forth. Hopefully the turn out will be like the BSU midweek night game a few years ago. Good weather and good turnout that night. Bad result though if I remember correctly.
11-01-2015 09:58 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

Yeah, we were ready to crown Tim Hiller that night. Anarchy ensued.
11-01-2015 10:04 AM
ChuckNorris Offline
1st String

I Root For: Row The Boat
Ball State gets a whole 3 or 4 days off to prepare and play this game?

We are going to destroy them. Next.
11-01-2015 10:51 AM
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
(11-01-2015 09:58 AM)Broncos83 Wrote:  Far more worried about the students than the community. Our students are.....I'll stop there. Let's just say they could do better and I'm regularly disappointed in their turnout. Don't want to get a "students thread" going back and forth. Hopefully the turn out will be like the BSU midweek night game a few years ago. Good weather and good turnout that night. Bad result though if I remember correctly.

I thought student turnout has been fine. As far as the $11 promo. We could hand out 30000 free tics and we still wouldn't have a good turnout for the STUPID midweek games.

Do you know who makes up the majority of the MACTOPN audience? Gamblers.

Think about it. We're throwing away tradition for sports betting.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2015 11:43 AM by Chipdip2.)
11-01-2015 11:42 AM
ChuckNorris Offline
1st String

It can't be any worse than when we played Miami in a midweek game a few years back. There were literally less than 100 people in the stands.

As a season ticket holder, I do not feel that the face value of this game ($32) is fair.
11-01-2015 01:23 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(11-01-2015 01:23 PM)ChuckNorris Wrote:  It can't be any worse than when we played Miami in a midweek game a few years back. There were literally less than 100 people in the stands.

As a season ticket holder, I do not feel that the face value of this game ($32) is fair.

But if you look at as a donation to WMU then it's not so unfair.
11-01-2015 01:29 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(11-01-2015 01:29 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 01:23 PM)ChuckNorris Wrote:  It can't be any worse than when we played Miami in a midweek game a few years back. There were literally less than 100 people in the stands.

Season tickets are for suckers.

Buy the pick threes for games that really matter. Buy ECCU BOGO ticks. With the exception of 2 or 3 games you can set where you want.

BBall season tickets I understand, while good seats at FB are readily available.

Until the MAC starts marketing like minor league baseball seats will remain empty.
11-01-2015 01:45 PM
ChuckNorris Offline
1st String

(11-01-2015 01:45 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 01:29 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

Season tickets are for suckers.

Buy the pick threes for games that really matter. Buy ECCU BOGO ticks. With the exception of 2 or 3 games you can set where you want.

BBall season tickets I understand, while good seats at FB are readily available.

Until the MAC starts marketing like minor league baseball seats will remain empty.

I purchased the tix before I even knew the pick three's were going to be available. Still, bad decision on my part.
11-01-2015 01:51 PM
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

The scoop on Ball State: They have a really experienced team and coach, but have under-performed this year, leading to speculation that Lembo has peaked. This is Lembo's 5th year at BSU and the listed starters are almost exclusively upperclassmen (especially their defense and all five O-linemen are seniors). So it may be valid to ask...is this the best they can do?

They are somewhat undersized though. A couple of 6'1", 275 linemen on offense. On defense, their tallest players are in the secondary. Their D-line is 6'1" across the board and their linebackers average about 5'11" or 6'0".

Their defense gives up 480 yards per game, including 186 on the ground. Their pass defense ranks worst in the MAC with 293 yds/game.

Their kicking game is solid at 14-18 for FGs on the year, the highest pct in the MAC.

BSU's O-line has only given up 8 sacks on the year and has a respectable 164 rush yds/game. A product of their 5 senior starters and a good runners in James Gilbert and Darian Green. Their freshman QB Riley Neal also likes to run and has 300 rushing yards on the season. He's not exactly a dual-threat QB, but can move his legs if needed.

BSU plays a clean game, averaging only 36 penalties yds/game, the lowest in the MAC. The second is lowest is WMU with 51 yds/game. BSU is also a +5 in turnover margin.

BOTTOM LINE - Ball State is a very inconsistent team. Their offense is serviceable, but the defense is inconsistent and downright bad at times. They played close games against Northwestern, Toledo, and CMU, but got blown out by NIU. FCS doormat VMI scored 36 points on them and IN MUNCIE they handed perennial bottom-feeder Georgia State their second ever FBS win. Ball State's wins this season are 48-36 over VMI (FCS, 2-7), 28-17 over EMU (1-8), and 20-10 over UMass (1-7).
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2015 03:59 PM by ColinApocalypse.)
11-01-2015 03:56 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Lembo did a nice job when he inherited solid talent. Hasn't shown he can recruit or develop talent. Miami is out recruiting him in his backyard and Fleck is going into Indiana and getting players he should get.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 06:05 PM by Chipdip2.)
11-01-2015 05:15 PM
westernwilly Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army
I got my tix today for Thursday game. Am I the only one going?

a
11-02-2015 05:06 PM
ru4wmu Offline
2nd String

Nope. Many of us who have season tix will be there! Broncos need as much support as they can get.
11-02-2015 08:30 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

My son and I will be there as usual, and I have 5 folks joining us in Y.
11-02-2015 09:20 PM
Advertisement

Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

(11-01-2015 11:42 AM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Think about it. We're throwing away tradition for sports betting.

Wrong, we're throwing away tradition for TV rating $. Surely you knew.
11-02-2015 09:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

Hard to believe it's been 10 years since the 5OT game against BSU that inspired my username.
11-02-2015 09:32 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(11-02-2015 09:29 PM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 11:42 AM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Think about it. We're throwing away tradition for sports betting.

But the audience is primarily people betting sports.
11-02-2015 10:02 PM
Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

(11-02-2015 10:02 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 09:29 PM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  

But the audience is primarily people betting sports.
Cash is cash. Are you an adult? Can't believe we're having this discussion.
11-02-2015 10:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.