Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

App State receiving votes in AP poll!!
Bookmark and Share
HappyAppy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: App
App State receiving votes in AP poll!!
http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

Puts us 33rd at the moment. Very pleased, thought it would take a few more weeks to get noticed.
10-25-2015 01:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: App State receiving votes in AP poll!!
(10-25-2015 01:50 PM)HappyAppy Wrote:  http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

Puts us 33rd at the moment. Very pleased, thought it would take a few more weeks to get noticed.

03-thumbsup
10-25-2015 01:52 PM
ManOnABuffalo Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Rather surprising to some extent, but a few more wins and we may just be the first SBC team to crack it.
10-25-2015 02:01 PM
DrGonzo Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
I think we're ranked if we win the next two games. Maybe even after Troy if the right things happen among other teams.
10-25-2015 02:01 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
If we won in a couple of weeks it would be nice to be against the first ranked SBC team. If we lost in a couple of weeks then App would be sitting pretty to hold onto that ranking for the SBC.

This conference can get there.
10-25-2015 02:04 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(10-25-2015 02:01 PM)DrGonzo Wrote:  I think we're ranked if we win the next two games. Maybe even after Troy if the right things happen among other teams.

I don't see Troy doing enough to move the needle.
10-25-2015 02:05 PM
Advertisement

DrGonzo Offline
1st String

(10-25-2015 02:05 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(10-25-2015 02:01 PM)DrGonzo Wrote:  I think we're ranked if we win the next two games. Maybe even after Troy if the right things happen among other teams.

I don't either, that's why I mentioned other teams. If enough top 25 teams **** the bed we might sneak in.
10-25-2015 02:09 PM
AppMtneer08 Offline
2nd String

(10-25-2015 02:09 PM)DrGonzo Wrote:  

I don't either, that's why I mentioned other teams. If enough top 25 teams **** the bed we might sneak in.

its going to take the other G5 teams that are already ranked, losing some games. Temple has Notre Dame this week and Houston at Vandy. Also need the P5's in front of to start losing while we win out. but we also need to be convincing in our wins
10-25-2015 02:29 PM
DrGonzo Offline
1st String

(10-25-2015 02:29 PM)AppMtneer08 Wrote:  

its going to take the other G5 teams that are already ranked, losing some games. Temple has Notre Dame this week and Houston at Vandy. Also need the P5's in front of to start losing while we win out. but we also need to be convincing in our wins

I really wish we'd left the starting defense in and punched that ball in instead of taking a knee against Southern. 38-7 better reflects how the game was played and I doubt many of the voters watched our matchup.
10-25-2015 02:35 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
We chose not to pile it on last year at the end vs App in Statesboro. I am sure Satterfield remembered that so he responded by returning the favor this year.

The game was won -- no need to rub it in. Satterfield also knows he brings his team to Statesboro next year
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015 02:40 PM by GaSoEagle.)
10-25-2015 02:39 PM
ManOnABuffalo Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-25-2015 02:35 PM)DrGonzo Wrote:  

I really wish we'd left the starting defense in and punched that ball in instead of taking a knee against Southern. 38-7 better reflects how the game was played and I doubt many of the voters watched our matchup.

While I agree to some extent, our rivalry and new found respect for each other is worth more in the long run than a few casual observers breezing through final scores.

Call it karma, but if we just keep winning this will all work itself out naturally.
10-25-2015 02:42 PM
Advertisement

Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State

I'm not sure how the AAC is broken down but I assume at least Memphis and Temple will play each other, and then the winner of that game will play Houston in the AAC championship so, at least 2 of the 3 will be forced to lose at least one game
10-25-2015 02:43 PM
AppMtneer08 Offline
2nd String

(10-25-2015 02:43 PM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  

I'm not sure how the AAC is broken down but I assume at least Memphis and Temple will play each other, and then the winner of that game will play Houston in the AAC championship so, at least 2 of the 3 will be forced to lose at least one game

Memphis plays both Houston and Temple in back to back weeks. Houston and Temple do not play each other.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015 02:53 PM by AppMtneer08.)
10-25-2015 02:52 PM
ManOnABuffalo Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Before the Frat Boy gets here to naysay our chances to get into the Access Bowl, lets walk through this.

-First App has to run table to 11-1, only loss to current #3 Clemson.

- Memphis has Tulane (W), Navy (W-L), Houston (W-L), Temple(W-L), and SMU(W) remaining. They have three games that are potential tossups, and both Houston and Temple are road games. I think they likely lose two.

- Houston has Vandy (W-L), Cincy (W-L), Memphis (W-L), UConn (W), and Navy (W-L) remaining. No gimme games for these guys either, they lose at least one maybe two.

-Temple has Notre Dame (L), SMU (W), USF(W), Memphis (W-L), and UConn (W) left. For sure one loss, but they get Memphis at home. If they lose one they shouldn't they are out.

The X factor here is Navy, they control their own destiny and are at 5-1. They play both ranked teams in Memphis and Houston, if they win out their only loss would be to #9 Notre Dame. They also could very well lose one or two they shouldn't but spoil Memphis or UH's seasons.

Will be an interesting back stretch.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015 03:04 PM by ManOnABuffalo.)
10-25-2015 03:02 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I don't see how the AAC champ won't be the highest rated G5 champ even if they have a loss. They have absolutely blown away the other G5 leagues with P5 wins.

Finishing ranked might be doable with the right bowl, but I think you can forget about the access bowl.
10-25-2015 03:09 PM
ManOnABuffalo Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-25-2015 03:09 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  I don't see how the AAC champ won't be the highest rated G5 champ even if they have a loss. They have absolutely blown away the other G5 leagues with P5 wins.

Finishing ranked might be doable with the right bowl, but I think you can forget about the access bowl.

I agree to an extent, timing and a perfect storm will play into who gets the access bowl slot outside of the AAC. It looks like Toledo has a shot too unless they stumble.
10-25-2015 03:16 PM
Advertisement

GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

App has a decent shot at 11-1. I hope they get it as it would be great for the Belt. It would mean a financial windfall and help the image of the conference immensely.
10-25-2015 03:18 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(10-25-2015 03:02 PM)ManOnABuffalo Wrote:  Before the Frat Boy gets here to naysay our chances to get into the Access Bowl, lets walk through this.

- Memphis has Tulane (W), Navy (W-L), Houston (W-L), Temple(W-L), and SMU(W) remaining. They have three games that are potential tossups, and both Houston and Temple are road games. I think they likely lose two.

- Houston has Vandy (W-L), Cincy (W-L), Memphis (W-L), UConn (W), and Navy (W-L) remaining. No gimme games for these guys either, they lose at least one maybe two.

-Temple has Notre Dame (L), SMU (W), USF(W), Memphis (W-L), and UConn (W) left. For sure one loss, but they get Memphis at home. If they lose one they shouldn't they are out.

The X factor here is Navy, they control their own destiny and are at 5-1. They play both ranked teams in Memphis and Houston, if they win out their only loss would be to #9 Notre Dame. They also could very well lose one or two they shouldn't but spoil Memphis or UH's seasons.

You're forgetting Toledo who is 18th in the country right now, and has no real difficult games remaining.
10-25-2015 03:24 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(10-25-2015 03:02 PM)ManOnABuffalo Wrote:  Before the Frat Boy gets here to naysay our chances to get into the Access Bowl, lets walk through this.

Memphis is undefeated with a win over a ranked SEC team, a Big XII team, one of the better teams in the MAC, and will likely get several more in a conference that is far and away the best in the G5 this year. Even if they lose a game, they'll get in over an 11-1 App team. Honestly, I think even a 2 loss Memphis would stay ahead of anyone outside the AAC except Toledo (assuming Toldeo finishes undefeated).

App certainly isn't out of the running, but the lack of a notable win OOC is going to hurt App just like it hurt Marshall last year when an undefeated Marshall team was behind a Boise team that had a loss. The SOS for the AAC schools, and even Toledo, is just so much better.

No matter who gets the access bowl, App has had a ridiculous season and that will be true no matter what bowl game the team goes to.
10-25-2015 03:27 PM
hapapp Offline
Special Teams

(10-25-2015 02:39 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  We chose not to pile it on last year at the end vs App in Statesboro. I am sure Satterfield remembered that so he responded by returning the favor this year.

The game was won -- no need to rub it in. Satterfield also knows he brings his team to Statesboro next year

I don't think one more score would make any difference at all. In the end, it is more important to display some sportsmanship than to try and impress an AP voter or two. It's nice to get the attention but it really means very little at this point in the season. The last thing the team or coaching staff need to worry about is our standing in the polls. That's a sure fire way to find yourself on the wrong end of the scoreboard. I'd like to think we are more grounded than that.
10-25-2015 03:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.