Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NMSU Fans
Bookmark and Share
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

I Root For: Troy
NMSU Fans
I need a list of restaurants that are a must while visiting Las Cruces.

I'm not a Troy fan because of wins and losses.
10-20-2015 08:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

theultimateaggie Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NMSU
RE: NMSU Fans
(10-20-2015 08:19 AM)Hemi Man Wrote:  I need a list of restaurants that are a must while visiting Las Cruces.

There is a bunch. Some of my favorites are Ranchway (BBQ and Mexican), El Sombrero (Mexican), Andeles (Mexican), La Posta(Mexican), if you like Menudo for breakfast go to Bravos or Los Compas. If you have time head down to hatch and try a green chile burger or the BBQ at sparkies. They got voted top 3 burgers in the U.S and also were featured on American Pickers. Spanish Kitchen is good(Mexican). Some unique fast foods that I'm not sure you have in Alabama- We have a restaraunt called five guys burgers pretty good make their fries and patties fresh. Blake Lotta burger is really good. Probably heard of Whatta burger. Sonic bring you your food via car hops. We have an Olive Garden but if you want more of a local flavor for italian Lorenzos is right accross the street from the University and they have really good food and I love their pizza. We have a ton of unique restaraunts and I only named the some of them. We have most of the chains ruby tuesday, applebees, chiles, texas roadhouse, olive garden, village inn to name a few. But hey good luck with the choices enjoy your stay and let me know if you need any info.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2015 10:17 AM by theultimateaggie.)
10-20-2015 10:16 AM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

NMSU Fans
(10-20-2015 10:16 AM)theultimateaggie Wrote:  
(10-20-2015 08:19 AM)Hemi Man Wrote:  I need a list of restaurants that are a must while visiting Las Cruces.

There is a bunch. Some of my favorites are Ranchway (BBQ and Mexican), El Sombrero (Mexican), Andeles (Mexican), La Posta(Mexican), if you like Menudo for breakfast go to Bravos or Los Compas. If you have time head down to hatch and try a green chile burger or the BBQ at sparkies. They got voted top 3 burgers in the U.S and also were featured on American Pickers. Spanish Kitchen is good(Mexican). Some unique fast foods that I'm not sure you have in Alabama- We have a restaraunt called five guys burgers pretty good make their fries and patties fresh. Blake Lotta burger is really good. Probably heard of Whatta burger. Sonic bring you your food via car hops. We have an Olive Garden but if you want more of a local flavor for italian Lorenzos is right accross the street from the University and they have really good food and I love their pizza. We have a ton of unique restaraunts and I only named the some of them. We have most of the chains ruby tuesday, applebees, chiles, texas roadhouse, olive garden, village inn to name a few. But hey good luck with the choices enjoy your stay and let me know if you need any info.

Thanks for the tips. Looking forward to trying a couple of those places. I usually avoid chains so those local joints are on my list for sure.

10-20-2015 11:25 AM
Eagle22 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GA Southern

I know I'm not an NMSU fan, but I had some very good brisket nachos at The Game Sports Bar and Grill right across from the University. I found their "mild" wings to be of the nuclear variety, but I'm not a fan of super hot stuff.

Was a nice spot, liked the beer selection. Met some great NMSU fans (this was after the game) who were very friendly.

Also ate breakfast the next morning at Mesilla Valley Kitchen, ate a delicious breakfast burrito w/ green sauce. Now I don't know if from a local perspective that place is considered good, bad or what ... but this south Georgia guy loved it. I'd guess it is a local favorite because it was busy ... super nice folks there as well.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2015 01:42 PM by Eagle22.)
10-20-2015 01:41 PM
theultimateaggie Offline
2nd String

(10-20-2015 01:41 PM)Eagle22 Wrote:  

I know I'm not an NMSU fan, but I had some very good brisket nachos at The Game Sports Bar and Grill right across from the University. I found their "mild" wings to be of the nuclear variety, but I'm not a fan of super hot stuff.

Was a nice spot, liked the beer selection. Met some great NMSU fans (this was after the game) who were very friendly.

Also ate breakfast the next morning at Mesilla Valley Kitchen, ate a delicious breakfast burrito w/ green sauce. Now I don't know if from a local perspective that place is considered good, bad or what ... but this south Georgia guy loved it. I'd guess it is a local favorite because it was busy ... super nice folks there as well.

Oh glad you repsonded almost forgot to tell our Trjan friend to make sure to stop by Danny Gamboas! 03-lmfao
10-20-2015 02:56 PM
Eagle22 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GA Southern
(10-20-2015 02:56 PM)theultimateaggie Wrote:  

Oh glad you repsonded almost forgot to tell our Trjan friend to make sure to stop by Danny Gamboas! 03-lmfao

I was at the game, therefore I was not subjected to that in-game advertising.

From what I've heard, that is a good thing 03-wink
10-20-2015 04:50 PM
Advertisement

ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
Is there such a thing as "New" Mexican food. I've been confused as to how that works.
10-20-2015 05:08 PM
theultimateaggie Offline
2nd String

(10-20-2015 05:08 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  Is there such a thing as "New" Mexican food. I've been confused as to how that works.

Yes pretty much everything I listed as Mexican is in reality New Mexican food.
10-20-2015 09:58 PM
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
(10-20-2015 05:08 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  Is there such a thing as "New" Mexican food. I've been confused as to how that works.

There's actually good place in Raleigh (in North Hills just north of I-440 for you App fans and/or NC residents) called Chuy's that serves New Mexican food. The chips are freaking addictive. I'd have to get a NM native to tell me how authentic it is, but the food is delicious.
10-20-2015 10:06 PM
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

I Root For: App State

Props for making the long trip out to Las Cruces to support your team, even though I want your team to go down Thursday.04-cheers
10-20-2015 10:08 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(10-20-2015 10:06 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  

There's actually good place in Raleigh (in North Hills just north of I-440 for you App fans and/or NC residents) called Chuy's that serves New Mexican food. The chips are freaking addictive. I'd have to get a NM native to tell me how authentic it is, but the food is delicious.

Chuy's is a chain . . . really more "Tex-Mex" than New Mex
10-20-2015 10:08 PM
Advertisement

Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

NMSU Fans

Quality beer selection is crucial considering the way we are playing this year.

10-21-2015 07:04 AM
theultimateaggie Offline
2nd String

(10-21-2015 07:04 AM)Hemi Man Wrote:  

Their is a place called high desert that brews their own beer. They have good nachos. They specialize in dark beer if you like that sort of stuff.
10-21-2015 07:09 AM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

NMSU Fans
(10-21-2015 07:09 AM)theultimateaggie Wrote:  
(10-21-2015 07:04 AM)Hemi Man Wrote:  

Their is a place called high desert that brews their own beer. They have good nachos. They specialize in dark beer if you like that sort of stuff.

Yes. Will have to check that out. We will be there four days so hopefully we can try most of these places.

10-21-2015 07:10 AM
GoBigRed26 Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte

You should check out Los Pollos Hermanos
10-21-2015 07:11 AM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

NMSU Fans
(10-21-2015 07:11 AM)GoBigRed26 Wrote:  

Yea I heard that place went down hill after the untimely passing of the owner.

10-21-2015 07:14 AM
Advertisement

boroeagle2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
NMSU Fans
(10-21-2015 07:11 AM)GoBigRed26 Wrote:  

Is their food good? I heard it's just a front for a huge drug operation
10-21-2015 07:14 AM
trapdrawApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
Anybody know where I could buy a car in Las Cruces?
10-21-2015 07:29 AM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(10-21-2015 07:29 AM)trapdrawApp Wrote:  Anybody know where I could buy a car in Las Cruces?

How bout Las Cruces Volkswagen . .. .

. . . I hear you can get a sweet deal on a "clean diesel" vehicle . .
10-21-2015 08:16 AM
GSUNCSU Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
(10-21-2015 07:29 AM)trapdrawApp Wrote:  Anybody know where I could buy a car in Las Cruces?
Casa de Autos...
10-21-2015 12:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.