Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tickets sold for GS and APP
Bookmark and Share
DeanoAPP Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Appalachian
Tickets sold for GS and APP
Anyone know of how many tickets have been sold to GS fans, Would love to see as many of you as possible come up the mountain, its going to be an electric atmoshpere!!
10-19-2015 08:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
RE: Tickets sold for GS and APP
I'd be surprised if half of the normal amount of southern fans travel for this game.

I don't think you guys see more than 26k either total.
10-19-2015 08:42 AM
DeanoAPP Offline
Special Teams

(10-19-2015 08:42 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  I'd be surprised if half of the normal amount of southern fans travel for this game.

Yeah, even though there is a whole lot of excitement for this game, I would be surprised if we go over 26K for this game just because most of our fans have to make a 2 hour trip up the mountain, Ill be there and Im having to drive 4 hours but I am the exception. Now if this game was on saturday we would probably break our attendance record.04-cheers
10-19-2015 08:46 AM
sidslidkid Offline
1st String

We'll bring enough to make some noise, but I wouldn't expect too many Ga Southern fans. Traveling for a Thursday game is tough.
10-19-2015 08:47 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

(10-19-2015 08:46 AM)DeanoAPP Wrote:  
(10-19-2015 08:42 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  I'd be surprised if half of the normal amount of southern fans travel for this game.

Yeah, even though there is a whole lot of excitement for this game, I would be surprised if we go over 26K for this game just because most of our fans have to make a 2 hour trip up the mountain, Ill be there and Im having to drive 4 hours but I am the exception. Now if this game was on saturday we would probably break our attendance record.04-cheers

I agree. Saturday on an early/mid afternoon time slot would definitely break your record. If that were the case, me and my wife and 1 month old son would make the trip from Augusta. lol. Just can't swing a Thursday night game from this far away.
10-19-2015 08:47 AM
soar#417 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GaSo
Was offered a free place to stay but taking off 2 days from work and missing 2 days of class at GT...not smart. I'll have to miss this one, however I missed last years as well sooooooooooo its not stupid unless it works right?
10-19-2015 08:49 AM
Advertisement

Ole Sleepy Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
My wife, myself, and her parents will be there. We're making the trip up from Charlotte early Thursday.

Hope to find another decent parking spot for tailgating. We were able to snag some paid lot outside of a business last game and had a great time with some friendly Appies.
10-19-2015 09:27 AM
hapapp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
Our AD did say that you guys sold your original allotment and have asked for more.
10-19-2015 09:36 AM
moehler Offline
1st String

this game is huge for App not only because of the obvious reason, but now we know there is going to be reps from multiple bowls, they aren't there because they want to watch a great football game, this is a business trip to determine if App, and to a certain extent GSU, has enough fan support to travel to their bowl. It would be a disaster if less than 20 k show up, personally I don't think that will happen, I'm guessing between 24-26. I wish we could get 5 or 6 thousand from the Boone community to attend, but unfortunately, I believe most residents in Watauga county really don't care about attending Athletic events, and don't have a connection to the University.
10-19-2015 09:37 AM
DeanoAPP Offline
Special Teams

(10-19-2015 09:27 AM)Ole Sleepy Wrote:  My wife, myself, and her parents will be there. We're making the trip up from Charlotte early Thursday.

Hope to find another decent parking spot for tailgating. We were able to snag some paid lot outside of a business last game and had a great time with some friendly Appies.

Yeah parking may be tricky, with it being a normal day of classes and all, some of our normal tailgating lots have been given to faculty to park all day and for parking pass holders on a first come first serve bases. Tailgating opens up I believe about 3pm.
10-19-2015 09:37 AM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
Really wish this game would go back to Saturdays....
10-19-2015 09:40 AM
Advertisement

Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

With bowl reps there it would be huge for GS if they traveled well. Both programs will be on the meat market Thursday.
10-19-2015 09:44 AM
moehler Offline
1st String

yep, piss poor schedule planning, I know ESPN tells the SBC who plays on what day and when, but if this game was on Sat afternoon, we would be looking at a minimum 30 k maybe even north of 35 k, its a shame for both App and GS fans.
10-19-2015 09:46 AM
DeanoAPP Offline
Special Teams

(10-19-2015 09:40 AM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  Really wish this game would go back to Saturdays....

I agree, if this game would have been played this saturday, some are speculating we might have gotten the ESPN college game day crew there. It was recently announced the crew will be at JMU this weekend.

I could be wrong with my details.
10-19-2015 09:47 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-19-2015 09:40 AM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  Really wish this game would go back to Saturdays....

If both of us perform well the remainder of the year you're really going to hate it when you host App on a Tuesday in 2016 and it gives us a couple more days to prepare for your offense.
10-19-2015 09:47 AM
Rik Flair Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: stAte
(10-19-2015 09:46 AM)moehler Wrote:  yep, piss poor schedule planning, I know ESPN tells the SBC who plays on what day and when, but if this game was on Sat afternoon, we would be looking at a minimum 30 k maybe even north of 35 k, its a shame for both App and GS fans.

Get used to it. stAte and UL have had mid-week matchups as of late. These are the games that ESPN wants in the time slots they want them. Your fan bases will get used to it. 24/25 at a mid-week game probably sends a stronger message then more on Saturdays.
10-19-2015 09:50 AM
Advertisement

EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-19-2015 09:50 AM)Rik Flair Wrote:  
(10-19-2015 09:46 AM)moehler Wrote:  yep, piss poor schedule planning, I know ESPN tells the SBC who plays on what day and when, but if this game was on Sat afternoon, we would be looking at a minimum 30 k maybe even north of 35 k, its a shame for both App and GS fans.

Get used to it. stAte and UL have had mid-week matchups as of late. These are the games that ESPN wants in the time slots they want them. Your fan bases will get used to it. 24/25 at a mid-week game probably sends a stronger message then more on Saturdays.

Nonsense. GS and App have no media market and are both in towns under 30,000 people. No one wants to televise us, they want to televise FAU versus FIU and Charlotte versus North Texas.
10-19-2015 09:53 AM
jim121256 Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-19-2015 09:50 AM)Rik Flair Wrote:  

I agree on the "stronger message" statement above. I would hope (yeah, I know....) that the people there representing bowls and checking the two schools out would be good enough at their jobs to look at the difference between Saturday attendance and Thursday attendance and make an informed decision on how well GS and App can/will travel.
10-19-2015 10:41 AM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
Rivalry games should not be on Thursday...05-nono
10-19-2015 10:42 AM
JTApps1 Offline
1st String

(10-19-2015 09:27 AM)Ole Sleepy Wrote:  My wife, myself, and her parents will be there. We're making the trip up from Charlotte early Thursday.

Your best bet for parking may be the old high school lot we are renting out for this game. There will be shuttles to and from the stadium as it is a bit too far for most to walk. I would encourage all GS fans and App fans without a pass to go here.

Look at the bottom of this link for more info.

http://www.appstatesports.com/ViewArticl...26495#ycgp
10-19-2015 11:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.