Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CAA Week 5
Bookmark and Share
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
CAA Week 5
Stony Brook at JMU is the big game not involving the Tribe this week.

Also:

Albany at Holy Cross
Maine at Richmond
Elon and New Hampshire
Rhode Island at Brown

Towson and Villanova are both idle. Would have been nice for them to play this week instead of Villanova getting 16 days to prepare for us.

UR is in a soft part of its schedule. UR has Elon next week and then Rhode Island. New Hampshire has only the Tribe and Richmond left as tough games. Stony Brook will be heavily favored after this weekend as well. It would seem there is an excellent chance of multiple teams going 6-2 or better in the league this season. For many that equates to 6-2, 8-3 overall and a possible bid to the playoffs. 7-4 will likely not get it done this year. So Villanova without winning the CAA title is in big trouble if they don't go 7-1 in the league. While they do not play New Hampshire again this year(or Stony Brook), they do have the Tribe, UR and JMU still to play.

Essentially, the Tribe has the toughest schedule since we play all of the other title contenders(Nova, JMU, UR, Delaware, New Hampshire, Stony Brook) and no one else does. Even omitting Delaware, we are the only team to play each of the other 5 title contenders. Hopefully, we are up to the challenge.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015 05:21 PM by TribePride91.)
09-28-2015 05:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TribeNomad Offline
1st String

RE: CAA Week 5
What else is new? We seem to always get a tough schedule, and even worse, 4 out of the 5 first games on the road. JMU at the other end, four out of the first five at home.
09-28-2015 05:28 PM
tribe_pride Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M
In reality, Nova has looked not good and now that Robertson is out for the year, they are extremely vulnerable.

UNH's QB is out for 4 weeks or so I think I heard so we will miss them with him and they were horrible last week.

Delaware has not impressed and is extremely one dimensional on offense.

We already played and beat easily Stony Brook at home

Richmond is a ?? right now

Only JMU besides us has impressed so far and we get them at home. The schedule while upsetting before the season has turned out to be better with the Nova and UNH injuries to QBs.
09-28-2015 05:51 PM
TribeNomad Offline
1st String

Yes. At this point in time UNH & Nova do not look as solid.
09-28-2015 06:15 PM
Tribal Offline

I Root For: William & Mary
Since when do we take any CAA team not named URI lightly? We need to go 1-0 every Saturday for the next 8 weeks and get ready for the playoff bid we haven't seen for 5 years.
09-28-2015 07:04 PM
62Indian Offline
Special Teams

(09-28-2015 07:04 PM)Tribal Wrote:  Since when do we take any CAA team not named URI lightly? We need to go 1-0 every Saturday for the next 8 weeks and get ready for the playoff bid we haven't seen for 5 years.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not to mention the National Championship we have never seen!!!!!!

If the Tribe gets thru the next few games with Ws, I think we could go all the way this year. The team and the players seem to be performing at a high level in all aspects of the game. Coaching and play calling also seems to have been "bumped up a notch" in all areas - think about it.
09-28-2015 09:28 PM
Advertisement

WM Beancounter Offline
Special Teams

Kool aid is flowing here, wouldn't you say? Save that **** for basketball season
09-29-2015 01:03 AM
Tribe Fan Offline
Special Teams

(09-28-2015 07:04 PM)Tribal Wrote:  We need to go 1-0 every Saturday for the next 8 weeks and get ready for the playoff bid we haven't seen for 5 years.

Last night at The QB Club this was what Jimmye said in so many words and has been his mantra every year. Just like March Madness....win and move on...
He also, pointed out that we used 10 D linemen something other than SF most of us did not know. As we remember during our '09 run we used about as many linemen and just wore out the opposition .
09-29-2015 09:11 AM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

(09-29-2015 09:11 AM)Tribe Fan Wrote:  
(09-28-2015 07:04 PM)Tribal Wrote:  We need to go 1-0 every Saturday for the next 8 weeks and get ready for the playoff bid we haven't seen for 5 years.

Last night at The QB Club this was what Jimmye said in so many words and has been his mantra every year. Just like March Madness....win and move on...
He also, pointed out that we used 10 D linemen something other than SF most of us did not know. As we remember during our '09 run we used about as many linemen and just wore out the opposition .

Given our lack of success at Delaware and at Villanova in the past, this is exactly the right frame of mind to take. What I like about this year's team is that everyone appears to be on the same page and is in the right place to make plays. At best, there might be 2-3 games where we are significant favorites out of the 8 remaining. Delaware, Richmond and Villanova are places where we have had little success, other than our great defensive effort against Delaware in 2013. JMU and New Hampshire will likely be very tough games at home.
09-29-2015 09:35 AM
62Indian Offline
Special Teams

(09-29-2015 09:11 AM)Tribe Fan Wrote:  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The CSN announcers mentioned that the Tribe was constantly rotating fresh defensive linemen into the game, and, as a result our D Line was not getting as worn down as it would have been without the fresh legs.
09-29-2015 01:30 PM
Tribe4SF Offline
1st String

Since 2008 we are 5-2 against the Hens and 2-1 at Delaware Stadium.
09-29-2015 01:31 PM
Advertisement

hktribefan Offline
1st String

We've never won a game on national TV; but I like our chances this weekend. Delaware looks like a watered down version of Stony Brook. Our D-line, although inexperienced, is playing so well. Watching the recap of the SBU game, Claytor or Stephens were involved so often.
09-29-2015 02:30 PM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

(09-29-2015 01:31 PM)Tribe4SF Wrote:  Since 2008 we are 5-2 against the Hens and 2-1 at Delaware Stadium.

I remember well the wins at Zable in 2009 and 2010, plus we did beat them the last 2 years, so perhaps I have overrated the history some. Since our defense became significantly better beginning in 2009, our success has increased against them. I must be remembering the 7 of 10 they won over us from 1999 to 2007, although we did win the 2004 playoff game at Zable in OT with a great comeback led by Lang Campbell. Clearly, we have not had the same success at Villanova. Nova and JMU have each been our personal road house of horrors. I have always respected the Delaware program as similar to ours.
09-29-2015 04:11 PM
tribe_pride Offline
1st String

Looks like there could be some interesting weather games all around the East this weekend. Apparently Harrisonburg and JMU is flooding right now and potential for that on Saturday as well. Our game may be wet again too. We practiced that last week against SBU.
09-29-2015 09:00 PM
soccerguy315 Offline
1st String

JMU having no trouble... up 28-7 with 11:30 left in 2Q
10-03-2015 12:12 PM
TribeNomad Offline
1st String

JMU crushing SB. I cannot stand the play by play guy (former OL) on the network. So pro Northern teams, SB getting killed and its all SB this and that. Then dissed W&M by stating Fiore said W&M just out executed his team. So pro northern CAA. Both SB Qb's suck......
10-03-2015 12:44 PM
Advertisement

Sitting bull Offline
All American

Holy Cross 21, UAlbany 0 in the 2nd.
10-03-2015 12:57 PM
Tribe1693 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tribe
(10-03-2015 12:44 PM)TribeNomad Wrote:  I cannot stand the play by play guy (former OL) on the network.

Same guy who did our game against SB last week. He is AWFUL.
10-03-2015 01:50 PM
TribeNomad Offline
1st String

I think he played for URI. When asked if they could see anyone who could beat JMU this year, he said. "maybe Richmond".

He is terrible.
10-03-2015 01:53 PM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

The loud, fat guy. I heard him do the color on both the Villanova/UConn game and Nova/Delaware.

He was a lineman at URI. That would explain his bias and to some degree, his failure to really know what's going on.

Some of his schtick is ok but enough about his old coach.
10-03-2015 02:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.