Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

When was the last time southern was blanked?
Bookmark and Share
hendoapp Offline
2nd String

I Root For: app state
Just curious as this was a bit of a surprise 44-0 my god!
09-06-2015 11:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GaSouthern Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Georgia So.
20 years ago against the Montana Griz
09-06-2015 11:54 AM
boroeagle2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
RE: When was the last time southern was blanked?
Yesterday vs. West Virginia
09-06-2015 02:07 PM
Scrotumus Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS
45-0... on the road 1995 1-AA quarterfinals in crappy weather against a great Montana team that won the NC.
09-06-2015 02:09 PM
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
12-5-1987 - 19-0 in Boone. Sorry, I couldn't resist....
09-06-2015 03:02 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
When UGA blanked us 66-0 last year that was the first time in MANY years Troy had been blanked too.
09-06-2015 03:10 PM
Advertisement

Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
Who cares, they lost, got shut out, game over, Next . . . . .
09-06-2015 03:34 PM
Godzilla Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST
Adversity seems to be weighing heavy on GS fans right now.
09-06-2015 04:02 PM
jhbEAGLE Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Ga. Southern
(09-06-2015 04:02 PM)Godzilla Wrote:  Adversity seems to be weighing heavy on GS fans right now.

We will get over it...may take to week 3 or 4. I was positive we would lose but to play like that is hard to swallow.
09-06-2015 04:07 PM
Scrotumus Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS
(09-06-2015 04:02 PM)Godzilla Wrote:  Adversity seems to be weighing heavy on GS fans right now.
GS s a proud program. And not used to being azz raped like last night.

It is one thing to lose, everybody does, but the GS program has competed and walked away with heads held high against way better teams than what they saw last night.

The consternation comes from not being competitive offensively.
09-06-2015 04:14 PM
The4thOption Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern

It was a tough day to get up on this morning.

It was embarrassing, is embarrassing.

We are better than that. Losing Ellison was a much bigger deal than expected. We knew Upshaw had ball safety issues in the past, but man on man....

Sure we got burned for a handful of big gainers in the air, but overall the defense played pretty dang good imop. We knew we were weak on the deep route, and really WV hit it perfect, but then we closed the door nearly every time, when it hadn't hit in the end zone. We went for it enough times on 4th down and failed / plus turned it over so much that you can't really hang 44 on the defense. Not being able to sustain any drives just kept giving WV chance after chance.

Falling down with wide open lanes opening up, throwing it up for grabs, making a carzy pitch in traffic ..... I hope we see VH at the helm next week.

We just need to let this burn in REAL good and NEVER let this happen again. Today.... the fire still burns in our souls... I fear it may burn hotter after next Saturday. AND - Then the Citadel was rolling yesterday pretty good... Ellison can't get back soon enough, thank God he will be back to face the triple option from Charleston.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 04:19 PM by The4thOption.)
09-06-2015 04:16 PM
Advertisement

Bigtom12 Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISIANA
This is a question for GS fans? Would yall say that yall went through a honeymoon phase in FBS specially with wins over Florida, almost beating Georgia Tech and NCSU, and winning the Sunbelt last year. Now that you accomplished that, that your true test as team will be to keep the momentum going this year, and years to come.

I think this year GS is going to hit the rocks a little bit. Let's see if they can overcome adversity.
09-06-2015 06:09 PM
Godzilla Offline
All American

It's almost like there is a year of FBS tape on GS now and the WV D coordinator wasn't surprised by anything GS's offense was throwing at them. Crazy...
09-06-2015 06:21 PM
Bigtom12 Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISIANA
(09-06-2015 06:21 PM)Godzilla Wrote:  It's almost like there is a year of FBS tape on GS now and the WV D coordinator wasn't surprised by anything GS's offense was throwing at them. Crazy...

Not causing doubt, but people on this board and other boards have said that a triple option offense will only work for a short period of time in FBS before teams start figuring it out. I can't say that I believe that, but time will tell, if that is the case GS could have a tough road ahead.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 06:28 PM by Bigtom12.)
09-06-2015 06:27 PM
SBEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
It's not film on us. It's not that WVU is a top team, they are not. It all boils down to the o line. The same problems many of our fans had with Upshaw last night were there last season when he saw action. The difference was they were disguised by a line that could make holes for our backs. This covered up alot of problems that were exposed last night. One other difference I noticed was our receivers did not block well on the outside either. That has always been a strength on our offense when running the flex bone. Now with a new staff and new offense (year 2), I'm hoping that is not disappearing.
09-06-2015 06:38 PM
Godzilla Offline
All American

eh I was half joking lol It's not that their scheme is hard to figure out it's that it's not very effective when you face athletes at a certain level that are big and fast enough to shut it down. That's why it will never translate to the NFL.
09-06-2015 06:38 PM
Advertisement

SBEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
Re: RE: When was the last time southern was blanked?
(09-06-2015 06:38 PM)Godzilla Wrote:  eh I was half joking lol It's not that their scheme is hard to figure out it's that it's not very effective when you face athletes at a certain level that are big and fast enough to shut it down. That's why it will never translate to the NFL.

Most offenses are shut down when facing better athletes. Regarding the NFL, who knows what will transpire. They are always slow to make changes. Some of the offenses you see today in NFL were unheard of a few years ago.
09-06-2015 06:53 PM
Godzilla Offline
All American

not just better athletes but moreso athletes once they reach a certain skill/athletic level. Things change when every QB run you do has a serious chance of getting him hurt and the guys on the outside are fast and good enough to stop an option pitch no matter who is running it. You probably wont see that in the Sun Belt but once you get into the top half of the P5 you will. Just ask RGIII if he thinks an option scheme is sustainable or any QB in the medical ward of Chip Kelly's offense. When Terrell Suggs and those type of guys are going to be laying out your QB every play you are in trouble. This can be mitigated somewhat based on the offensive talent you bring but not taken out of the equation because that's what makes the scheme work.
09-06-2015 07:06 PM
Korr-upt Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Appalachian St.
And keep them a-comin!! 04-cheers
09-06-2015 07:21 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(09-06-2015 06:38 PM)SBEagle Wrote:  It's not film on us. It's not that WVU is a top team, they are not. It all boils down to the o line. The same problems many of our fans had with Upshot last night were there last season when he saw action. The difference was they were disguised by a line that could make holes for our backs. This covered up alot of problems that were exposed last night. One other difference I noticed was our receivers did not block well on the outside either. That has always been a strength on our offense when running the flex bone. Now with a new staff and new offense (year 2), I'm hoping that is not disappearing.

Man, y'all are funny . . . . You go into Morgantown, get spanked, can't even put a point in the board, and you can't even give the team that whooped yo azzzzzz any credit . . . . .

I'll give you points for arrogance, but that's about all . . . . 03-lmfao
09-06-2015 07:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.