Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Embarrassing: Part II
Bookmark and Share
VandalBasher Offline
2nd String

I Root For: The Vandals
Which of the SBC great losses will keep a team in the conference?

I guess the Idaho and Georgia St. losses must have been worse. Together We Rise! Right?
09-05-2015 10:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cleburneslim Offline
1st String

I Root For: jax state
RE: Embarrassing: Part II
Feeling disallusioned?
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2015 10:42 PM by cleburneslim.)
09-05-2015 10:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
At least we lost to ranked teams.......right?
09-05-2015 10:41 PM
VandalBasher Offline
2nd String

Maybe a little.
09-05-2015 10:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bullitt_60 Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
(09-05-2015 10:41 PM)slycat Wrote:  At least we lost to ranked teams.......right?

Some of us.
09-05-2015 10:42 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

(09-05-2015 10:42 PM)bullitt_60 Wrote:  
(09-05-2015 10:41 PM)slycat Wrote:  At least we lost to ranked teams.......right?

Some of us.

We play Ohio next year so we will see how that goes
09-05-2015 10:43 PM
Advertisement

TheOriginalBigApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
(09-05-2015 10:35 PM)VandalBasher Wrote:  Which of the SBC great losses will keep a team in the conference?

I guess the Idaho and Georgia St. losses must have been worse. Together We Rise! Right?

They were worse. Infinitely. And, they were both at home.

Unless you (somehow) equate Ohio and UNC-C to Georgia, Kentucky, Florida, West Virginia & Florida State. All of which were on the road.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2015 11:10 PM by TheOriginalBigApp.)
09-05-2015 11:08 PM
NewJersey GATA Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
Southern disgusted me
09-05-2015 11:21 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(09-05-2015 11:21 PM)NewJersey GATA Wrote:  Southern disgusted me

Get over yourself . . . You played a better team and it showed . . . Happens to ALL of us. . . .
09-05-2015 11:24 PM
VandalBasher Offline
2nd String

We had a moral victory as well.
09-05-2015 11:24 PM
RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
Bro I sympathize with the vandals predicament but you can't be serious
-troy was breaking in a new head coach and staff against a surging nc state squad
-Texas state had to contend with a team not even 2 years removed from a national title AND At the doak
-lala had Kentucky on the ropes and nearly pulled the W out against the SEC
-no doubt georgia southern fans are very disappointed by the results of their game but considering they were without their starting QB and had to contend with a stingy wear Virginia D I think slack can be given
-much like troy and Texas state, NMSU was contending with re surging gator squad at the swamp with a team that despite playing experience are still relatively young
-ULM had to contend with Cubbs and lightning...enough said
-astate had a late kick off and Yes our offensive woes didn't help our cause, USC is USC. If we could only get 6, I can't WAIT to see how yall fair next Saturday.

I'll say this; I knew idaho would have there hands full against Ohio; they've been a very steady and successful program for the last 6+ years.

The ONLY team that should be getting some haterade is Georgia state. You've been FBS for 3 seasons with 1 win (against Abilene Christian) to show for it.
09-06-2015 07:56 AM
Advertisement

Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

The SBC went up against some great competition in Week1 and the results speak for themselves but the season is a long one and many of our teams that didn't fare so well yesterday will look good before the season is over. Speaking specifically for my Eagles I have to say in 30 years of watching GS this is that was the worst offensive performance I personally have witnessed and we have to get up this morning and pull up our bootstraps and get to work if we want to improve.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 08:14 AM by Georgia_Power_Company.)
09-06-2015 08:13 AM
AppinATL Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: AppState
(09-05-2015 11:24 PM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  

Get over yourself . . . You played a better team and it showed . . . Happens to ALL of us. . . .

Get used to this. GS losses are always followed by disgust and excuses. So and so player(s) were suspended (happens often with them) or hurt, so and so coach is terrible, referees missed about a hundred key calls, it's always something. 01-wingedeagle
09-06-2015 09:29 AM
rbostic218 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GaSouthern
Thanks Appin, thought I was going to have to explain it myself. Don't you just love the symbiotic relationship GS and App fans have, lol.
09-06-2015 10:08 AM
slycat Offline
Heisman

This is why I was never a fan of playing a team like FSU. It was going to be a blowout. I like the money game against Illinois last year because it was winnable. We have one coming up against Colorado that another winnable game as well. Arkansas has improved so it's not as nice as it would have been a few years ago.
09-06-2015 10:14 AM
ManOnABuffalo Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
A lot of heavy dwelling on Week 1, not sure why when we look at the overall slate of games. Granted GS disappointed to an extent because they didn't even keep it somewhat respectable. As an App fan I also am aware that the GS fans will always have something to rant about even had they kept it close.

The only significant disappointment any of us should look at from last weekend is Ga State. They looked like the lowest of the low, UNCC is a joke but yet somehow Ga State found a way to gift wrap them a win. I am not sure where that program can go from here, but realistically it can only be up. Trent Miles will likely be let go somewhat soon, but that place looks to be a hard hire. Throw in Charlie Cobb's hiring process (or lack thereof) and this could be a circus for years to come.

Now we all move to the unfortunate matter if by any reason Ga State beats any of us.....04-jawdrop04-jawdrop04-jawdrop04-jawdrop04-jawdrop
09-06-2015 11:01 AM
Advertisement

moehler Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
ya, I'm not going to be too critical of GS, we will be atleast a 21 point underdog to Clemson next week, hope we can keep it respectable.
09-06-2015 11:08 AM
ASUMountaineer Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Appalachian
(09-06-2015 11:08 AM)moehler Wrote:  ya, I'm not going to be too critical of GS, we will be atleast a 21 point underdog to Clemson next week, hope we can keep it respectable.

Line is currently Clemson -17. We'll see how it moves, if it does, throughout the week.
09-06-2015 08:16 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
Opened at -21, quickly moved to 17, I wish they were correct but I would touch App at -17. Clemson may be the most talented team we've ever faced. They could blow the lid off at the drop of a hat. Still looking forward to the trip and will stay to cheer no matter the results.
09-06-2015 08:23 PM
Eagle22 Offline
Special Teams

(09-06-2015 09:29 AM)AppinATL Wrote:  
(09-05-2015 11:24 PM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  

Get used to this. GS losses are always followed by disgust and excuses. So and so player(s) were suspended (happens often with them) or hurt, so and so coach is terrible, referees missed about a hundred key calls, it's always something. 01-wingedeagle

Closely followed by an App fan to point it out 03-wink

Yes, I guess it is a crime that Southern fans lament a loss and feel disgusted. Heaven forbid we try to ascribe reasons why things went the way they did. I remember similar introspective thought from App fans when Wofford and Georgia Southern beat the Mountaineers the same year they beat Michigan.

As for last evening, I don't believe too many folks think that we win that game last night with Ellison under center ... but I will say I doubt we get blanked.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 08:24 PM by Eagle22.)
09-06-2015 08:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.