Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CCU fans get to know your new conferencemates
Bookmark and Share
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
CCU fans get to know your new conferencemates
Here is a quick breakdown on the teams you will be joining

App St - goat lovers who love to complain, you made them happy cause you are a travel partner. JK i kid, it was too easy. In reality they are a great team you know a lot about. Stacked this year and could make a run for the top. Great tradition and top rivalry in the conference with GS.

Arkansas St - One of the "top two" teams in the Belt along with ULL. They hire great coaches that leave after a year (except last year, he ruined the cycle).

Arkansas Little Rock (or are they just Little Rock now??) - one of two non-football schools. Won't hear much of them until basketball season where they are generally decent. Good group of fans.

Georgia St - what can we say. they are Southerns favorite punching bag and haven't won a FBS game yet. They dropped money (vouchers) from the Georgia Dome ceiling to attract fans. Doesn't work. This will be the year right??? PS they are good at basketball.

Georgia Southern - you know them, ran the conference somehow last year, full of trash talk and the team backed them up, to ULLs dismay (but they didn't play ULL or stAte so who knows if they really are so good? Am I right???)

Idaho - Football only, play in an airplane hanger, people complain about their team traveling there even though for many it is once every four year (like thats a big deal)

ULL or Louisiana as they like to be called (don't call them Lafayette, or do its fun). God's gift to the SBC. Fans a lot life GS but with better food. Tehy were crappy for a long time but turned around the ship and have the best attendance and support in the conference. You like baseball or softball? This is your team to emulate.

ULM - They are supported by the guys from Duck Dynasty. Oh and they are P5 giant killers.

NMSU - Another football only team searching for some wins but they do have AggieVision. It is the greatest (worst) team network know to man. Cheesy and misinformed commentators? check Hilarious local commercials? check. God we their basketball team.....

South Alabama - don't think they are new to the conference just because their football is new, they have been in the SBC a LONG time. Stadium isn't theirs and they hope to one day have one of their own (don't hold your breath)

Troy - The old guard. The unsung giants of the SBC early days. Then they kept their coach past his expiration date and tanked. Shouldn't be down for long with their new HC/ Watch for them to gain ground quick.

TXST - The ultimate underachievers. Every year they are bowl eligible and every year they are left out of bowls. Oh also they are home to the best stadium and the hottest girls in the conference.

UTA - the other non-football team. They have a football stadium but don't be fooled it's been empty since 1985. They have the best basketball arena in the conference.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2015 09:37 PM by slycat.)
08-31-2015 09:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
RE: CCU fans get to know your new conferencemates
TXST- constantly hungover as the party school of Texas. Say they have the best girls in the conference, but who knows when they have on sooooooo many beer googles on and suffer from Whiskey D. Oh and their baseball somehow manages to be just a bit better than ours, regardless of how good we are in a given year. 01-lauramac2
08-31-2015 09:43 PM
HCJag Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
(08-31-2015 09:35 PM)slycat Wrote:  Here is a quick breakdown on the teams you will be joining

South Alabama - don't think they are new to the conference just because their football is new, they have been in the SBC a LONG time. Stadium isn't theirs and they hope to one day have one of their own (don't hold your breath)

Yes, by all means please do. Just kidding. When they announced the feasibility study a couple of months ago, they weren't just kidding. There are probably two bowl games involved in this to go along with the University's desire to have an OCS. I'd put the odds at better than average that a stadium is announce by the end of football season.
08-31-2015 09:55 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(08-31-2015 09:35 PM)slycat Wrote:  Here is a quick breakdown on the teams you will be joining

App St - goat lovers who love to complain, you made them happy cause you are a travel partner. JK i kid, it was too easy. In reality they are a great team you know a lot about. Stacked this year and could make a run for the top. Great tradition and top rivalry in the conference with GS.

Arkansas St - One of the "top two" teams in the Belt along with ULL. They hire great coaches that leave after a year (except last year, he ruined the cycle).

Arkansas Little Rock (or are they just Little Rock now??) - one of two non-football schools. Won't hear much of them until basketball season where they are generally decent. Good group of fans.

Georgia St - what can we say. they are Southerns favorite punching bag and haven't won a FBS game yet. They dropped money (vouchers) from the Georgia Dome ceiling to attract fans. Doesn't work. This will be the year right??? PS they are good at basketball.

Georgia Southern - you know them, ran the conference somehow last year, full of trash talk and the team backed them up, to ULLs dismay (but they didn't play ULL or stAte so who knows if they really are so good? Am I right???)

Idaho - Football only, play in an airplane hanger, people complain about their team traveling there even though for many it is once every four year (like thats a big deal)

ULL or Louisiana as they like to be called (don't call them Lafayette, or do its fun). God's gift to the SBC. Fans a lot life GS but with better food. Tehy were crappy for a long time but turned around the ship and have the best attendance and support in the conference. You like baseball or softball? This is your team to emulate.

ULM - They are supported by the guys from Duck Dynasty. Oh and they are P5 giant killers.

NMSU - Another football only team searching for some wins but they do have AggieVision. It is the greatest (worst) team network know to man. Cheesy and misinformed commentators? check Hilarious local commercials? check. God we their basketball team.....

Troy - The old guard. The unsung giants of the SBC early days. Then they kept their coach past his expiration date and tanked. Shouldn't be down for long with their new HC/ Watch for them to gain ground quick.

TXST - The ultimate underachievers. Every year they are bowl eligible and every year they are left out of bowls. Oh also they are home to the best stadium and the hottest girls in the conference.

UTA - the other non-football team. They have a football stadium but don't be fooled it's been empty since 1985. They have the best basketball arena in the conference.

The only continuing founding member of the original (1976) Sun Belt Conference that is left.
Georgia State was also a founding member, but they left and later returned.
08-31-2015 09:59 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
Key words from the board this year:
Travel partners, bus league. Goat lovers, drainage ditch. Golf, Mr. Peanut, newbies, bowl denied, petitions, did not play ----- and ----
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2015 10:02 PM by GaSoEagle.)
08-31-2015 10:00 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(08-31-2015 10:00 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  Key words from the board this year:
Travel partners, bus league. Goat lovers, drainage ditch. Golf, Mr. Peanut, newbies, bowl denied, petitions, did not play ----- and ----

Two GSUs and two ASUs.
08-31-2015 10:09 PM
Advertisement

CCUstudent Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: CCU
Feels like home already. It's great to be in a conference that actually has fans.
08-31-2015 10:14 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns

Here's the shortened version:

Cajuns - Gods

Everyone else - chopped liver
08-31-2015 10:16 PM
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
(08-31-2015 10:16 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  

Cajuns - Gods

We prefer beef but thanks for trying.
08-31-2015 10:18 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(08-31-2015 10:09 PM)JoeJag Wrote:  

Two GSUs and two ASUs.

There are no ASU's
There is an AState and an App State.
08-31-2015 10:19 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(08-31-2015 10:19 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  

Two GSUs and two ASUs.

There are no ASU's

We do have two UL's though. Call them anything other than that and they will bite your head off.
08-31-2015 10:24 PM
Advertisement

GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

In the interest of getting along Ga Southern has agreed to go by GS while Ga. state can have the GSU
08-31-2015 10:28 PM
sidslidkid Offline
1st String

(08-31-2015 10:28 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  In the interest of getting along Ga Southern has agreed to go by GS while Ga. state can have the GSU

[Image: B0pOTSlIcAAZIi-.jpg]
08-31-2015 10:32 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Epic Applause
(08-31-2015 10:32 PM)sidslidkid Wrote:  
(08-31-2015 10:28 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  In the interest of getting along Ga Southern has agreed to go by GS while Ga. state can have the GSU

[Image: B0pOTSlIcAAZIi-.jpg]
08-31-2015 11:06 PM
AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(08-31-2015 10:24 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(08-31-2015 10:19 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  

Two GSUs and two ASUs.

There are no ASU's

We do have two UL's though. Call them anything other than that and they will bite your head off.

Forgot gnats. Don't forget gnats.
08-31-2015 11:12 PM
eaglewraith Online
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(08-31-2015 10:16 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  

Cajuns - Gods*

*did not play Georgia Southern
08-31-2015 11:17 PM
Advertisement

T-Dog Offline
SunBeltbbs App State INsider

I Root For: App State
Make sure to look amazed when Karl says you can be the next Boise State.
08-31-2015 11:20 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!

I like using Dysentery personally.
08-31-2015 11:24 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Don't forget, ULaLa likes to claim superiority, yet has never won the football conference outright.

Also, learn the history behind the Bubas Cup, which South Alabama, also known as South, USA, or if ESPN is involved, SAL, won last season.
09-01-2015 07:07 AM
appfan89 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: App State

Donators
I have one request for all the CCU fans coming on board.

Please, please, don't turn every thread into a CCU vs ?? pissing match. 05-nono
We already have GS fans turning every thread into a GS vs ?? pissing match.03-hissyfit
09-01-2015 07:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.