Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New FCS Site
Bookmark and Share
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
New FCS Site
http://www.fcs.football/fcsfront.asp

The above link is a new site for FCS Football. The Sports Network appears to be no more having been taken over by Stats, Inc. Craig Haley appears to have a significant presence here as he did at the sportsnetwork.com site the last 5 years. The CAA preview is tomorrow for those interested in seeing what is projected for the Tribe. Only 18 days until we kick things off at Lafayette.
08-18-2015 05:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nogretheogre Offline
Lord of Bots & Tots

I Root For: William & Mary
RE: New FCS Site
Really nice ESPN-for-FCS type of site. They even have a top 25 FCS scoreboard.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/scoreboard.a...&meta=true
09-01-2015 05:50 PM
Tribal Online

Nice find, 91.

The homepage highlights Coastal's departure and how it further weakens the Big South.

Factoring all sports, who do y'all like to leave the Big South for the CAA and why? Which schools do you want to stay out? I think a few schools would love to make that jump.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 06:21 PM by Tribal.)
09-01-2015 06:17 PM
Advertisement

zablenoise Offline
Heisman

I think Monmouth really wants in. I'm not sure they're the best fit though. I'm not sure any Big South schools are a good fit.
09-01-2015 06:39 PM
hktribefan Offline
1st String

New FCS Site
(09-01-2015 06:17 PM)Tribal Wrote:  Nice find, 91.

The homepage highlights Coastal's departure and how it further weakens the Big South.

Factoring all sports, who do y'all like to leave the Big South for the CAA and why? Which schools do you want to stay out? I think a few schools would love to make that jump.

For football I'd vote Liberty. They're getting stronger and are a great atmosphere to play. Some people wouldn't want that since they're actively trying to jump to FBS, but so is JMU. There really don't seem to be any landing spots, so my thought is that any "jump" would be as a result of a massive restructuring that will literally affect everyone.

For other sports I don't know enough about the Big South to speak authoritatively. And although Liberty would be a great in state football add, there are definitely some strings that come along with them.
09-01-2015 06:45 PM
Advertisement

nogretheogre Offline
Lord of Bots & Tots

(09-01-2015 06:39 PM)zablenoise Wrote:  I think Monmouth really wants in. I'm not sure they're the best fit though. I'm not sure any Big South schools are a good fit.

Monmouth isnt a bad fit. Been to Long Branch. Small private, good soccer, ok football and decent academics. Close to central NJ recruiting spots. 1hr from NYC and 5 minute drive to the beach, so nice place for a september game weekend trip...although it is the jersey shore and you have to pay to get on the beach.
09-01-2015 07:07 PM
TDenverFan Online
All American

Monmouth's stadium only holds 3k, and they can't even fill it up. They're a school with pretty small athletic programs, I'd rather pass on them. Liberty or Gardner Webb are really the only 2 schools I'd want from the Big South.
09-01-2015 08:46 PM
Advertisement

hktribefan Offline
1st String

New FCS Site
I wouldn't want Monmouth, but I believe they're redoing their stadium. The current one (or maybe old one now?) has to be one of the worst in FCS.
09-01-2015 08:52 PM
NC Tribe Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M, JMU
(09-01-2015 08:46 PM)TDenverFan Wrote:  Monmouth's stadium only holds 3k, and they can't even fill it up. They're a school with pretty small athletic programs, I'd rather pass on them. Liberty or Gardner Webb are really the only 2 schools I'd want from the Big South.

I've been to Gardner Webb for a basketball game and got there early enough to see the football stadium. All of the facilities looked like what you would expect for an NAIA school in the 1950's. I can't see where they could help the CAA, unless they have gotten a hundred million donated to their atletic program in the last couple of years.

Selfishly, I'd love to see the Tribe and Dukes play at GWU, since I can get there in a little over an hour.
09-02-2015 07:56 AM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
(09-01-2015 06:17 PM)Tribal Wrote:  Nice find, 91.

Much depends on the overall landscape of college football. I don't think the CAA will be the driving force on anything. Since the initial talk of the Power 5 conferences breaking off to do their own thing, it seems likely that eventually they will have their own playoff. Even if not, the non Power 5 conferences are irrelevant to that subject basically permanently. So, ODU, App St, Ga St, Coastal, and others are making the jump for nothing competitively. Unfortunately from a monetary prospective, you would think it has to be profitable or why do it? Ultimately, there are only 2 realistic scenarios, FCS basically merges with the non Power 5, or there are 3 levels of football, the Power 5, non Power 5, and FCS. The CAA needs to do its best to maintain its level as one of the top 3 FCS conferences.

I would love to keep the teams we have and increase our membership in Virginia and North Carolina for selfish reasons. I do see the CAA is the best continuing fit for the Tribe. Liberty would be the only attractive Big South candidate at this time(although if you need 2 for expansion or replacement, then maybe GW). I am curious as to whether there are any attractive Southern conference candidates. I agree that there has been too much change, but now that the wheel is spinning, I am not sure anyone will stop it.
09-02-2015 08:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.