Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Interesting Story Developing in Michigan
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Interesting Story Developing in Michigan
It's just state politics, but this is beyond bizarre! 04-jawdrop

Embattled state Rep. Courser says he was blackmailed

Quote:Embattled state Rep. Todd Courser, R-Lapeer, sent his own recording early Monday morning, saying he sent a false e-mail about paying for gay sex because he was being blackmailed.

The long and rambling recording blames his former staffers, Ben Graham, Josh Cline and Keith Allard, for colluding with the Lansing "mafia" establishment to bring him down. And it didn't work, he said, because he's decided to stay in office to expose the "political shenanigans" that are happening in Lansing.
08-10-2015 12:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Interesting Story Developing in Michigan
Anyone who judges Rep. Courser is a homophobic shitlord.
08-10-2015 12:42 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(08-10-2015 12:39 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  It's just state politics, but this is beyond bizarre! 04-jawdrop

Quote:Embattled state Rep. Todd Courser, R-Lapeer, sent his own recording early Monday morning, saying he sent a false e-mail about paying for gay sex because he was being blackmailed.

The long and rambling recording blames his former staffers, Ben Graham, Josh Cline and Keith Allard, for colluding with the Lansing "mafia" establishment to bring him down. And it didn't work, he said, because he's decided to stay in office to expose the "political shenanigans" that are happening in Lansing.

He should of just used the ol' reliable "Someone hacked my account" excuse.
08-10-2015 12:50 PM
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
(08-10-2015 12:39 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  It's just state politics, but this is beyond bizarre! 04-jawdrop

Haha, yep that story's been tabloid-juicy.
08-10-2015 07:11 PM
CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
I know the trend in Michigan is "has to get worse before it can get better" but this is nuts.
08-10-2015 07:18 PM
Advertisement

dcCid Offline
All American

I Root For: ACC, Big East
I read about this. They will probably still get reelected on a "Family Values" platform. They will blame gay marriage or obamacare.
08-10-2015 08:08 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
He should have said it was all due to a horrible youtube video.
08-10-2015 08:20 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(08-10-2015 08:20 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  He should have said it was all due to a horrible youtube video.

That might be funny if anyone ever actually said that about that village in Libya. But sorry, no one ever did. 03-yawn
08-11-2015 08:52 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

The soap opera came to an end early this morning.

Quote:LANSING — It took 14 hours, two failed votes and a day full of drama, but at 3:12 a.m. Friday, state Rep. Todd Courser resigned from his state House seat, and an hour later, Rep. Cindy Gamrat was expelled on a 91-12 vote, ending a controversial sex and cover-up scandal that has rocked Lansing for the last month.

Rep. Todd Courser resigns; Gamrat expelled by House
09-11-2015 12:14 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(08-11-2015 08:52 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 08:20 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  He should have said it was all due to a horrible youtube video.
That might be funny if anyone ever actually said that about that village in Libya. But sorry, no one ever did. 03-yawn

Really? Here's what Susan Rice said:

On CBS - "But based on the best information we have to date, what our assessment is as of the present is in fact what began spontaneously in Benghazi as a reaction to what had transpired some hours earlier in Cairo where, of course, as you know, there was a violent protest outside of our embassy– –sparked by this hateful video."

On Fox - "The information, the best information and the best assessment we have today is that in fact this was not a preplanned, premeditated attack. That what happened initially was that it was a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired in Cairo as a consequence of the video."

On NBC - "But putting together the best information that we have available to us today our current assessment is that what happened in Benghazi was in fact initially a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired hours before in Cairo, almost a copycat of– of the demonstrations against our facility in Cairo, which were prompted, of course, by the video."

On ABC - "But our current best assessment, based on the information that we have at present, is that, in fact, what this began as, it was a spontaneous — not a premeditated — response to what had transpired in Cairo. In Cairo, as you know, a few hours earlier, there was a violent protest that was undertaken in reaction to this very offensive video that was disseminated."

Those words appear to have been very carefully chosen to allow water-carriers like Tom to assert deniability after the fact, while at the same time creating the distinct impression among those who heard them live that the video caused it. And of course, they did jail the guy who did the video.

And of course, the whole "based on information we have at present" caveat failed to disclose that by the time she appeared on TV, we had plenty of information, and probably our best information, suggesting that it was not due to a video, but instead was exactly what she was denying.
09-11-2015 12:31 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

You just can't make this stuff up can you? 04-jawdrop

Expelled Rep. Gamrat files to run for the seat she lost
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2015 02:22 PM by Redwingtom.)
09-17-2015 02:22 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(09-11-2015 12:31 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Those words appear to have been very carefully chosen to allow water-carriers like Tom to assert deniability after the fact, while at the same time creating the distinct impression among those who heard them live that the video caused it. And of course, they did jail the guy who did the video.

Tom could carry Lake Erie in a thimble if it helped Obama..
09-17-2015 02:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.