Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2015 Fall Camp - Football Is Almost Here!
Bookmark and Share
2Intense Offline
2nd String

I Root For: EMU
The players report on Sunday....

I cant wait until the season is underway...Looking forward to hearing how camp is going so be sure to post what you hear, if anything...

I am so sick of hearing about Baseball....!

03-banghead
08-06-2015 11:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: 2015 Fall Camp - Football Is Almost Here!
http://www.emueagles.com/news/2015/8/7/F...h=football

Players start practice Monday. :)

Nothing wrong with base-a-ball unless a new pro league, like the USFL, starts and plays spring ball, otherwise, what other sport is in season?

Talking football (or hockey or snow skiing, etc.) in June or on July 4th doesn't seem particular relevant to me.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2015 11:35 AM by emu steve.)
08-08-2015 11:34 AM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

There seems to be much less EMU football talk this August than in previous years. Last year we had a lot of buzz about Bronson Hill and Brogan Roback and the new coaching staff--all 3 kinda fizzled on us. Then there was the new turf... I don't feel the same anticipation this year. Reggie Bell and Pat O'Connor are compelling, who else is going to be the talk of camp this year?
08-08-2015 12:04 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

(08-08-2015 12:04 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  There seems to be much less EMU football talk this August than in previous years. Last year we had a lot of buzz about Bronson Hill and Brogan Roback and the new coaching staff--all 3 kinda fizzled on us. Then there was the new turf... I don't feel the same anticipation this year. Reggie Bell and Pat O'Connor are compelling, who else is going to be the talk of camp this year?

I completely agree, esp. the comments about Bell and POC.

And the central point, I think, is that in sports one can't just produce a bunch of hype and marketing without the play on the field meeting expectations.

Marketing and hype are like condiments; they adds flavor to the the meat, but put salt and sauce on hamburger and it is still hamburger (although more tasty). I still like to have a Big Boy sandwich when I'm in town. Yummy!! Great sauce.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2015 04:51 PM by emu steve.)
08-08-2015 04:50 PM
2Intense Offline
2nd String

in addition to some new faces on the field, it will be interesting to see what sort of impact or results the highly touted Coach McKeefery's strength and conditioning program has had on the players.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2015 11:21 PM by 2Intense.)
08-08-2015 11:20 PM
vannzee Offline
Special Teams

I swung by the stadium yesterday and took a couple of pics.

Attached File(s)
.jpg  ImageUploadedByCSNbbs1439113905.143304.jpg (Size: 90.2 KB / Downloads: 38)
08-09-2015 04:54 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Online
Legend

(08-09-2015 04:54 AM)vannzee Wrote:  I swung by the stadium yesterday and took a couple of pics.

nice photo.

Made some small, but nice, touches to the west side façade. I count a few changes: "The 'Welcome to" signage, the mural at the top and an enhanced look to the ticket windows.

Did I miss any other changes?

Have any more to post?

Were there changes on the visitor's (East) side of the stadium?

I got the impression that EMU would make some temporary changes to decrease the number of available seats on the east side. The Oakland A's (base-a-ball, again 03-lmfao) cover unused seats with tarp.

BTW, I mentioned my favorite hamburger (love the sauce) in a post above.

Shouldn't EMU offer coupons for a free Big Boy hamburger if EMU beats ODU? A win and a Big Boy hamburger.

Just a nice, yummy thought. 03-idea
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2015 05:37 AM by emu steve.)
08-09-2015 05:31 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

(08-06-2015 11:47 AM)2Intense Wrote:  The players report on Sunday....

I cant wait until the season is underway...Looking forward to hearing how camp is going so be sure to post what you hear, if anything...

I am so sick of hearing about Baseball....!

03-banghead

You want summer x-hibition MAC hoops? 03-lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1762WcY...OINSKNPLrM
08-09-2015 06:07 AM
vannzee Offline
Special Teams

(08-09-2015 05:31 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 04:54 AM)vannzee Wrote:  I swung by the stadium yesterday and took a couple of pics.

nice photo.

Made some small, but nice, touches to the west side façade. I count a few changes: "The 'Welcome to" signage, the mural at the top and an enhanced look to the ticket windows.

Did I miss any other changes?

Have any more to post?

Were there changes on the visitor's (East) side of the stadium?

I got the impression that EMU would make some temporary changes to decrease the number of available seats on the east side. The Oakland A's (base-a-ball, again 03-lmfao) cover unused seats with tarp.

BTW, I mentioned my favorite hamburger (love the sauce) in a post above.

Shouldn't EMU offer coupons for a free Big Boy hamburger if EMU beats ODU? A win and a Big Boy hamburger.

Just a nice, yummy thought. 03-idea

The stadium was locked so all of my photos were thru the gates and I did not make it out last year to a game so it's hard for me to determine what is new. I am presently on my phone and I have better photos on my camera that I will browse they later and post the better ones.
08-09-2015 08:11 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

I wonder what visible changes there are to the east side stands?

Should be able to peer through the gates by the Convo and see if seats are covered by tarp (there was a small number of seats covered last year).
08-09-2015 08:53 AM
vannzee Offline
Special Teams

There was no tarps covering any seats. I saw both sides of bleachers and no tarps but we still have a month plus before kickoff so they could still be coming.
08-09-2015 09:13 AM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(08-08-2015 04:50 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 12:04 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  There seems to be much less EMU football talk this August than in previous years. Last year we had a lot of buzz about Bronson Hill and Brogan Roback and the new coaching staff--all 3 kinda fizzled on us. Then there was the new turf... I don't feel the same anticipation this year. Reggie Bell and Pat O'Connor are compelling, who else is going to be the talk of camp this year?

I completely agree, esp. the comments about Bell and POC.

And the central point, I think, is that in sports one can't just produce a bunch of hype and marketing without the play on the field meeting expectations.

Marketing and hype are like condiments; they adds flavor to the the meat, but put salt and sauce on hamburger and it is still hamburger (although more tasty). I still like to have a Big Boy sandwich when I'm in town. Yummy!! Great sauce.

I think last year was a set the tone and rebrand the program in some ways. This year its roll up the sleeves and produce results.
08-10-2015 11:12 AM
2Intense Offline
2nd String

It's finally here!!

Now, fingers crossed for an injury free productive camp for everyone.

If anyone makes it over to the field in the next couple of weeks please be sure to update those of us who cannot with your observations!

I am soooo ready for some football!

04-rock

COGS
08-10-2015 11:14 AM
EMU03' Offline
2nd String

Here is who took first team reps on Oline (all juniors)

LT Gardner
LG Thornton
C Hurcombe
RG Terrell
RT Wylie

It will be interesting to see if any of the redshirt freshmen push for any of these spots. I'm a little surprised Gardner is already at LT protecting Bell's blindside after moving from tight end where he didn't have to pass block.
08-12-2015 07:55 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

(08-12-2015 07:55 AM)EMU03 Wrote:  Here is who took first team reps on Oline (all juniors)

LT Gardner
LG Thornton
C Hurcombe
RG Terrell
RT Wylie

It will be interesting to see if any of the redshirt freshmen push for any of these spots. I'm a little surprised Gardner is already at LT protecting Bell's blindside after moving from tight end where he didn't have to pass block.

Without sounding like the glass is half empty, but does this mean that the OL will be pretty good NEXT year?

BTW, has Terrell lost his gut? He was very big and very slow last year.

The OL has to be leaner, quicker, more mobile to play the type of offense and OL play I think CC wants to employ...

We're not playing 'Three yards and a cloud of gray Field Turf' offense. This is not Ron English's style offense.
08-12-2015 08:44 AM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

(08-12-2015 07:55 AM)EMU03 Wrote:  Here is who took first team reps on Oline (all juniors)

LT Gardner
LG Thornton
C Hurcombe
RG Terrell
RT Wylie

Some great tackles were former tight ends. Jason Peters comes to mind. Not comparing Gardner to peters, but if he doesn't lose much quickness with his weight gain, then he could be a pleasant surprise at LT.
08-12-2015 09:16 AM
Advertisement

EMU03' Offline
2nd String

(08-12-2015 08:44 AM)emu steve Wrote:  

LT Gardner
LG Thornton
C Hurcombe
RG Terrell
RT Wylie

Without sounding like the glass is half empty, but does this mean that the OL will be pretty good NEXT year?

BTW, has Terrell lost his gut? He was very big and very slow last year.

The OL has to be leaner, quicker, more mobile to play the type of offense and OL play I think CC wants to employ...

We're not playing 'Three yards and a cloud of gray Field Turf' offense. This is not Ron English's style offense.

See for yourself - last month in weight room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtz983DqacU
08-12-2015 09:23 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

(08-12-2015 09:16 AM)EagleSam Wrote:  

LT Gardner
LG Thornton
C Hurcombe
RG Terrell
RT Wylie

Some great tackles were former tight ends. Jason Peters comes to mind. Not comparing Gardner to peters, but if he doesn't lose much quickness with his weight gain, then he could be a pleasant surprise at LT.

And how about the #1 NFL draft choice from a couple years ago, Fisher, from CMU. Wasn't he a TE recruit?

The obvious thing about TEs who move to tackle is that they have speed and agility advantages over most other OTs.

As Sam indicates, if Gardner gained some good weight and maintained most of the speed, agility, etc. then he could be a fine OT.

I think CC likes those kind of athletes, i.e., h.s. recruits who are good athletes and can grow into a position, but don't know the position until the player's career unfolds... Maybe a 6' 2", 212 lbs player who might be a TE or might be a LB or maybe ?, etc.

I think CC believes if a h.s. player has God-given agility, quicks, frame, etc. he and the S&C staff can do the rest. That can be determined from the summer camps.

The one thing which is TBD, is the heart and willingness to do what is necessary to be what the recruit is NOT now.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2015 09:31 AM by emu steve.)
08-12-2015 09:30 AM
EMU03' Offline
2nd String

LT Gardner
LG Thornton
C Hurcombe
RG Terrell
RT Wylie

And Eric Fisher from that school to the North was a converted Tight End. Our last great left tackle, T.J. Lang also switched positions starting his career as a defensive lineman. Genyk had success moving players to different positions (Lang, Jason Jones, Deslauriers, Roberson, Bohnet).
08-12-2015 09:35 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

(08-12-2015 09:35 AM)EMU03 Wrote:  

LT Gardner
LG Thornton
C Hurcombe
RG Terrell
RT Wylie

And Eric Fisher from that school to the North was a converted Tight End. Our last great left tackle, T.J. Lang also switched positions starting his career as a defensive lineman. Genyk had success moving players to different positions (Lang, Jason Jones, Deslauriers, Roberson, Bohnet).

Indeed, it appears that Genyk and CC are cut from the same cloth. English was a much different coach.
08-12-2015 10:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.