Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SunbeltBBS Online Dynasty (Xbox 360)
Bookmark and Share
RedWolf_Rex Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: A State
SunbeltBBS Online Dynasty (Xbox 360)
SunbeltbbsXB(Powerhouse) Rules and Regulations (Amended June 22, 2015)
1) Play sim football. This is a sim-style OD and as such, expect the game play to reflect that of real life football. Using tactics which abuse or exploit the programming in the game are not permitted. Examples include dropping back to pass beyond ~10 yards, calling pass plays with the sole purpose of running with the quarterback or manipulating defenders alignments to confuse blocking and create a nano blitz. If you have any questions about what is and is not sim football, ask.

2) 4th Down Attempts

Because the game is so significantly swayed towards offensive football, we have to restrict the number and type of 4th downs users can attempt. In an effort to simplify that rule, one of the following situations must exist to attempt a 4th down:

- Ball is on or beyond the 50 and its 4th and 5 or less
- If trailing in the 4th
- If trailing by 21+ points
- End of the Half Hail Mary

3) Chew Clock is NOT permitted at any time.

4) Run commit is NOT permitted at any time.

5) Hurry-up, no-huddle offenses are permitted at all times while the clock is running. If the clock stops for an incomplete pass or a play out of bounds in the last two minutes of each half, you are required to return to the huddle.

6) Fake punts and fake field goals are NOT permitted at any time, including extra points.

7) Do not use flat angle, cross field punts in an attempt to induce a muff or exploit the loose ball logic in the game.

8) Users are restricted to TWO manual movements of defensive players and one of those players must be the defender the user controls at the snap of the ball. This rule also applies to defensive special teams plays.

9) All defensive shifts are permitted; however, users may NOT manually move defensive linemen from their initial alignment until after the snap. That includes lateral or vertical movement. (moving only ONE DL the one you are controlling is allowed)

10) A minimum of two players must rush the passer on every play, regardless of the game situation. Hot routing 10 or 11 players into coverage is NOT permitted at any time.

11) Ineligible Man Down Field. Due to the lack of an ineligible man down field penalty in the game, users are NOT permitted to throw a pass beyond the line of scrimmage when a slip screen or mid screen is called. Any pass thrown when these plays are called must be completed at or behind the line of scrimmage. This rule does not apply to any other screen types. If the screen is covered, you are permitted to scramble or throw the ball away.

12) Bubble Screen/OPI. If an errant throw leads to an offensive pass interference penalty on a bubble screen, the defensive user is REQUIRED to decline the penalty. This requirement is lifted if the offensive user intentionally throws to any receiver except the intended receiver.

13) Scoring cap is 70 points unless the CPU is within 14 points. Every effort should be made to play backups in a blowout. Users found to be running up individual statistics for post-season awards will receive one warning, followed by an immediate suspension of that player for the following game.

Offseason/Recruiting

1) You may not persuade anyone from declaring for the draft if the following apply:

- 90 overall or higher (if projected to go in the first four rounds). Any player projected to go in the first round are to be let go regardless of rating.
- Heisman Trophy winner

2) Scholarship limit is Seniors +2 + open roster spots

3) Minimum weights for off-season position changes:

DT: 250 lbs
DE: 215 lbs
LB: 200 lbs
TE: 225 lbs
ATH: Can be assigned anywhere they are rated 60 overall or higher

Players may only be moved one position group down during position changes (DBs can move to LB, LB to DE and DE to DT but LBs cannot move to DT, etc). Players may be moved up as many groups as you want (DTs can move to LB, DE to S, etc).

Advance Schedule

The advance schedule will be posted in the weekly advance thread, but 48 hours per game week is the standard. Extensions are granted on request.

Coaching Tree

There are 4 categories in the coaching tree, 2 for the HC and 1 each for your assistants. The only part of the tree you can use is recruiting - no game management, no offensive or defensive coordinator.

Recruiting - 3 max
Game Management - none
Offensive Coordinator - none
Defensive Coordinator - none
Recruiting

The maximum points you make give any recruit is 500 to keep things fair with guys not receiving XP.

Enforcement

As always, it is up to each individual user to enforce the rules and encourage others to do the same. The commissioner will only step in and enforce or sanction players if individual users cannot come to an agreement. Should a dispute arise, handle it professionally.

Team Assignments

A State = RWMafiaDon
GaSo = Ole Sleepy
UTA = FoUTASportscaster (We'll figure out how to make this happen)
App St = asucrutch23
Louisiana
ULM
GaSt
Idaho
NMSU
USA = RedWolf_Rex
Troy
Tx St = ThaGinga
07-22-2015 08:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
RE: SunbeltBBS Online Dynasty (Xbox 360)
(07-22-2015 08:46 PM)RedWolf_Rex Wrote:  Team Assignments

A State = RWMafiaDon
GaSo = Ole Sleepy
App St = asucrutch23
Louisiana
ULM
GaSt
Idaho
NMSU
USA = RedWolf_Rex
Troy
Tx St = ThaGinga

In my offline dynasty, I kicked UMass, ODU and UAB to the curb. Every conference has a nice even 10, 12 or 14 teams.
07-23-2015 01:29 AM
asucrutch23 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
(07-22-2015 08:46 PM)RedWolf_Rex Wrote:  Team Assignments

A State = RWMafiaDon
GaSo = Ole Sleepy
App St = asucrutch23
Louisiana
ULM
GaSt
Idaho
NMSU
USA = RedWolf_Rex
Troy
Tx St = ThaGinga

I assume these will be your divisions?

And 8 game conf schedule with 3 cross division games?

East:
App State
Georgia State
Georgia Southern
Troy
South Alabama
Arkansas State

West:
Idaho
New Mexico State
Texas State
UT-Arlington
UL-Lafayette
UL-Monroe
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2015 07:05 AM by asucrutch23.)
07-23-2015 07:04 AM
RedWolf_Rex Offline
Bench Warmer

That would be the plan yes. Do we want protected rivals and if so with thay setup who do you want? Personally I want Tx St or UL-Laugh

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
07-23-2015 09:50 AM
asucrutch23 Offline
Special Teams

(07-23-2015 09:50 AM)RedWolf_Rex Wrote:  That would be the plan yes. Do we want protected rivals and if so with thay setup who do you want? Personally I want Tx St or UL-Laugh

I don't know if any protected rivals make much sense other than Ark St - ULL honestly. But that's up to you, I'm fine with it either way. You could do:

Ark St - ULL
Troy - ULM
USA - Tx St
App St - Idaho
Ga So - NMSU
Ga St - UTA

That's my best guess at creating what limited rivalries the Sun Belt may have.
07-23-2015 12:16 PM
RWMafiadon Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Arkansas State
When will we start playing?
07-23-2015 06:27 PM
Advertisement

RedWolf_Rex Offline
Bench Warmer

Hopefully this weekend, Monday at the latest.

@Asucrutch23
Can you help ole sleepy get the edits he wants for GaSo?

07-23-2015 09:42 PM
asucrutch23 Offline
Special Teams

(07-23-2015 09:42 PM)RedWolf_Rex Wrote:  Hopefully this weekend, Monday at the latest.

@Asucrutch23
Can you help ole sleepy get the edits he wants for GaSo?

Wasn't he just wanting to raise ratings? If that were the case I would have edited several App players. All I did was fix names, unis, and stadium.
07-24-2015 10:18 AM
RedWolf_Rex Offline
Bench Warmer

He was wanting that I think. But we've agreed to just fix appearance issues like you had fixed.

07-24-2015 10:19 AM
asucrutch23 Offline
Special Teams

(07-24-2015 10:19 AM)RedWolf_Rex Wrote:  He was wanting that I think. But we've agreed to just fix appearance issues like you had fixed.

Only fix to make on GaSo is taking the stadium off Marshall but that's a lot of work to copy over the roster just for that IMO
07-24-2015 04:46 PM
Ole Sleepy Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(07-24-2015 04:46 PM)asucrutch23 Wrote:  
(07-24-2015 10:19 AM)RedWolf_Rex Wrote:  He was wanting that I think. But we've agreed to just fix appearance issues like you had fixed.

Only fix to make on GaSo is taking the stadium off Marshall but that's a lot of work to copy over the roster just for that IMO

Ahh, okay. I wasn't sure if there was some sort of copy feature on the Teambuilder site. If that's the case, I'l just roll with the UGA Lovell32 GS roster.
07-24-2015 10:52 PM
Advertisement

RedWolf_Rex Offline
Bench Warmer

Invites went out tonight. Setup was exactly like talked about EAST/WEST went with AlSUcrutch23 protected rivals suggestion. Stripped the AAC of a BCS and left that as an "at Large"

07-24-2015 11:20 PM
RedWolf_Rex Offline
Bench Warmer

Something I didn't think about pre starting the dynasty.

We can create custom schedules and hand our own scheduling to an extent. I don't know if the "dream" home and home games are the way to go, or trying to keep it a little more "real" 1 FCS (for now) 1 P5 "money game", 2 G5/1 G5,lower P5 home and home, or just free for all and you can build what you want.

I'm down either way.

I'm hoping to have everyone accepted their invites and schedules done by Sunday. Advance to the first week Sunday night at 8pm EST unless we're all done sooner.

Also I hate to keep moving people around but I can/have made a private message board for weekly scheduling, scouting reports, Online Dynasty stuff only. We don't have to use it but we can. it was a "free board" lol
07-25-2015 12:07 AM
RedWolf_Rex Offline
Bench Warmer

There are NO USER vs USER games week 1. Please play your games by Tuesday Night at 9 PM EST. If you cant play just let me know and tell me why via PM

07-26-2015 06:25 PM
asucrutch23 Offline
Special Teams

Rough start for me but snuck out with the home opening win 38-31 over Wyoming. Broke a 31-31 tie with 20 seconds left. Cox and Upshaw had huge games but I couldn't get the passing game going.
07-26-2015 09:12 PM
Ole Sleepy Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
I hopped on all excited to play last night, and realized I had a BYE in week 1. Oh well.

I had a large dose of reality hit when the highest rated recruit on my board is a 74. I'm so used to just snagging whoever I want.
07-27-2015 08:16 AM
Advertisement

RedWolf_Rex Offline
Bench Warmer

(07-27-2015 08:16 AM)Ole Sleepy Wrote:  I hopped on all excited to play last night, and realized I had a BYE in week 1. Oh well.

I had a large dose of reality hit when the highest rated recruit on my board is a 74. I'm so used to just snagging whoever I want.

I'm sorry you got stuck with a bye, doing the scheduling SUCKS lol

I am trying to keep track of the "home and home" series we're playing and will have the return game within 3 seasons if possible.
07-27-2015 10:18 AM
RedWolf_Rex Offline
Bench Warmer

Texas St and UTA need to play their games.

UTA and AState need to finish their recruiting.

It appears like everyone got their 10 points to start with so you can spend all 10 recruiting points for HC. Unless I missed someone. Please speak up if you DON'T have 10 HC points.
07-27-2015 10:21 AM
FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
Any way to increase the speed differential? My running back got dragged down from behind by a DL.
07-27-2015 04:28 PM
RedWolf_Rex Offline
Bench Warmer

I messed with the speed threshold, dropped it to 20. We'll see how that works.

ALERT ALERT ALERT

The difference in speed is more important now. A 95 should not get run down by a 85 barring injury or stamina problems. Heads up folks.
07-27-2015 08:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.