Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kaplan Court
Bookmark and Share
Tribeheart Offline
Heisman

I Root For: William & Mary
Kaplan Court
Anyone know what the design change is that's being done on the basketball court??
Thought the existing court was just fine....
https://instagram.com/p/4oqdkdu__j/
07-02-2015 01:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nogretheogre Offline
Lord of Bots & Tots

RE: Kaplan Court
Good Riddance. Anything that uses the appropriate colors will be better than that. How about a bigger Tribe? How about a Cypher in the paint?
07-02-2015 01:45 PM
Rocco Offline
All American

I Root For: William and Mar
Please tell me it won't be as tacky as JMU's court.
07-02-2015 03:30 PM
Big Tribe Offline
2nd String

Ket's hope they put "William & Mary" at center court and not "Tribe" again. With all our televised games now the large number of viewers who have no idea who the Tribe is will know it's William & Mary. You market your product name...marketing 101.
07-03-2015 06:03 AM
Paulbintheburg Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tribe
(07-02-2015 03:30 PM)Rocco Wrote:  Please tell me it won't be as tacky as JMU's court.

Ebirt is set to make a return!
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2015 07:26 AM by Paulbintheburg.)
07-03-2015 07:25 AM
nogretheogre Offline
Lord of Bots & Tots

Maybe they were inspired by this old article

http://shadesof48.com/giving-kaplan-aren...-facelift/

Prefer this choice:

[Image: money2.jpg]
07-03-2015 07:32 AM
Advertisement

62Indian Online
Special Teams

I Root For: W&M
(07-03-2015 06:03 AM)Big Tribe Wrote:  Ket's hope they put "William & Mary" at center court and not "Tribe" again. With all our televised games now the large number of viewers who have no idea who the Tribe is will know it's William & Mary. You market your product name...marketing 101.
---------------------------------------------------------
Agree with this 100% - except for the "Towel Man" and The Lost Tribes of Israel, the "Tribe" name has no meaningful significance at least IMHO
07-03-2015 08:52 AM
Tribe4SF Offline
1st String

We are "One Tribe, One Family!"

Keep it center-court.
07-03-2015 09:23 AM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

I also think we should have "William & Mary" be our primary branding but what would that look like as a center court logo? It's a little unwieldy.
07-03-2015 10:24 AM
SoCal Frank Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Wm and Mary
Kaplan Court
All that stuff in the paint looks busy! But then again, it might serve to distract from the lack of effective play in that area. If the players can't play; the fans can admire the artwork.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2015 11:32 PM by SoCal Frank.)
07-03-2015 10:47 AM
Tribe Fan Offline
Special Teams

Have a shaded outline of The Wren Building at the open end of the court and The Capital at the other....
Not being serious.
But some sort of W&M at center court which displays W&M from both scourt of the court would be nice... and not that cypher mess
07-04-2015 12:06 AM
Advertisement

nogretheogre Offline
Lord of Bots & Tots

Nobody ever complains that "William & Mary" isnt written on Zable's endzones. There is actually enough space in an endzone. Tribe can be painted at mid-field.
07-05-2015 12:48 PM
Big Tribe Offline
2nd String

They are seriously considering putting William & Mary or W&M at midfield Zable...probably for the 2016 renovated stadium. There is a big push at the College to put "William & Mary" front and foremost not only on athletic venues
but in all photography, media, publications, etc.

The marketing group located at Newtown in the building with "William & Mary" facing the road in huge letters on the structure is leading this and other marketing initiatives.

A very good idea.
07-05-2015 04:57 PM
62Indian Online
Special Teams

(07-05-2015 04:57 PM)Big Tribe Wrote:  They are seriously considering putting William & Mary or W&M at midfield Zable...probably for the 2016 renovated stadium. There is a big push at the College to put "William & Mary" front and foremost not only on athletic venues

The marketing group located at Newtown in the building with "William & Mary" facing the road in huge letters on the structure is leading this and other marketing initiatives.

A very good idea.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good for them.
07-05-2015 09:28 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

(07-05-2015 04:57 PM)Big Tribe Wrote:  They are seriously considering putting William & Mary or W&M at midfield Zable...probably for the 2016 renovated stadium. There is a big push at the College to put "William & Mary" front and foremost not only on athletic venues

A very good idea.
Do we know which "W&M" they want to use? The block one without the feathers? The upside-down M one? The cypher? Some new one?
07-05-2015 11:24 PM
Ryuzaki51 Offline
Water Engineer

I'd assume the cypher or they'd spell it out, the featherless block and the upside-down M are not supposed to be used anymore (good riddance imo).

I'd love the cypher on the basketball court, and the Tribe script could actually work midfield since the gold would stand out better on grass, they could then spell out William & Mary in the endzones.

(07-05-2015 11:24 PM)zablenoise Wrote:  

A very good idea.
Do we know which "W&M" they want to use? The block one without the feathers? The upside-down M one? The cypher? Some new one?
07-06-2015 01:44 AM
Advertisement

Tribe4SF Offline
1st String

Please, no cypher! "Tribe" is more recognizable by more people than the cypher. Only true W&M folks know what it is. It is unreadable, and unrecognizable until you know.
07-06-2015 04:56 AM
WMSportsBlog Offline
Special Teams

Definitely solid points made on all sides of the table here; let's settle it with a vote! Here's our article on the new announcements for Kaplan Arena and its court design, with a vote at the end regarding the all-important center court logo.

We're really curious to see how this vote goes! Let's see what Tribe nation thinks.

http://wmsportsblog.com/2015/07/06/new-b...all-court/
07-06-2015 10:55 AM
hktribefan Offline
1st String

(07-06-2015 10:55 AM)WMSportsBlog Wrote:  Definitely solid points made on all sides of the table here; let's settle it with a vote! Here's our article on the new announcements for Kaplan Arena and its court design, with a vote at the end regarding the all-important center court logo.

We're really curious to see how this vote goes! Let's see what Tribe nation thinks.

After looking at your poll, I had an idea to do a silhouette of the Wren Building on the sideline by mid court and then something involving "William & Mary" or "The College of William & Mary" at center court. For an idea of the silhouette thing, see Washington's court:

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskymensb...all-court/

Granted the Wren building doesn't stretch as far as the Seattle skyline, but I think it would look cool if done right. Can't quite formulate an image of what I'd like for the center court graphic/text/logo though.
07-06-2015 11:05 AM
WMSportsBlog Offline
Special Teams

(07-06-2015 11:05 AM)hktribefan Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 10:55 AM)WMSportsBlog Wrote:  Definitely solid points made on all sides of the table here; let's settle it with a vote! Here's our article on the new announcements for Kaplan Arena and its court design, with a vote at the end regarding the all-important center court logo.

After looking at your poll, I had an idea to do a silhouette of the Wren Building on the sideline by mid court and then something involving "William & Mary" or "The College of William & Mary" at center court. For an idea of the silhouette thing, see Washington's court:

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskymensb...all-court/

Granted the Wren building doesn't stretch as far as the Seattle skyline, but I think it would look cool if done right. Can't quite formulate an image of what I'd like for the center court graphic/text/logo though.

Good point. I added "(likely used in unison with another logo)" next to the Wren Building sketch! It's actually a pretty cool idea
07-06-2015 11:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.