Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NMSU's "Pack The Stadium" For September 12 vs Georgia State UPDATE
Bookmark and Share
nmsuaggies Offline
SunBeltbbs NMSU INsider

I Root For:
Looks like if season tickets remain the same from last year that there is only 13,143 seats left for New Mexico State's home opener against Georgia State. We sold over 6,000 tickets in just over a month. Two months left, should sell out by September 12th.

LINK
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2015 11:26 AM by BeliefBlazer.)
07-01-2015 10:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

T-Dog Offline
SunBeltbbs App State INsider

I Root For: App State
RE: NMSU's "Pack The Stadium" For September 12 vs Georgia State UPDATE
I thought capacity was a good-deal higher than 19k?
07-01-2015 11:33 PM
nmsuaggies Offline
SunBeltbbs NMSU INsider

I Root For:
(07-01-2015 11:33 PM)T-Dog Wrote:  I thought capacity was a good-deal higher than 19k?

Capacity is 30,343. The other 11,000 tickets are for students, and season ticket holders.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2015 11:38 PM by nmsuaggies.)
07-01-2015 11:37 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
Awesome sell it out
07-02-2015 08:36 AM
theultimateaggie Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NMSU
It will happen. They are way ahead of pace on ticket sales.
07-02-2015 10:34 AM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
I think you guys are doing better at selling out a game against GaSt the F_U is at selling out a home game with U of Miami.

Let's see NMSU make some strides this year, would like to see you guys win some games.
07-02-2015 02:27 PM
Advertisement

slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
I'm curious to know what the athletic department is doing to get this to happen. It's impressive to do with a school that's not a P5 or historical rival. These strategies should be used across the conference. Maybe they are showing highlights of the shootout with GSU last year and fans know they could get another night of offensive fireworks.
07-02-2015 03:28 PM
theultimateaggie Offline
2nd String

(07-02-2015 03:28 PM)slycat Wrote:  I'm curious to know what the athletic department is doing to get this to happen. It's impressive to do with a school that's not a P5 or historical rival. These strategies should be used across the conference. Maybe they are showing highlights of the shootout with GSU last year and fans know they could get another night of offensive fireworks.

They are doing it the same way they did it for the chi st basketball game. They are approaching business' and telling them it is a great opportunity to buy tickets for your employees to show appreciation to them. Also people buy tickets and donate them to organizations like the boys and girls club stuff like that. Which is great because one you help get kids to the game that wouldnt normally get to go and two you still get money for those tickets rather than giving them away for free. People in Las Cruces seem to get excited for events too they don't want to miss out. They did it for the Chicage State basketball game and peoples biggest fear was that it would be a sell out but the donated tickets wouldnt be used so it wouldn't look like a sell out. I can tell you first hand that place was packed so it does work if done right. Whats nice is they are actually pushing tickets rather than just rolling them out there and saying "here you go buy them" what good is it to have a promotion if no one buys them?
07-02-2015 04:47 PM
nmsuaggies Offline
SunBeltbbs NMSU INsider

I Root For:
The great thing about this promotion is, if we beat Georgia State, those fans are going to come back a week later for the big UTEP rivalry game. We could actually have back to back sell outs to start the season at home.
07-02-2015 07:20 PM
theultimateaggie Offline
2nd String

(07-02-2015 07:20 PM)nmsuaggies Wrote:  The great thing about this promotion is, if we beat Georgia State, those fans are going to come back a week later for the big UTEP rivalry game. We could actually have back to back sell outs to start the season at home.

100% right about that. Something I have thought about for a long time
07-02-2015 07:55 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(07-02-2015 04:47 PM)theultimateaggie Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 03:28 PM)slycat Wrote:  I'm curious to know what the athletic department is doing to get this to happen. It's impressive to do with a school that's not a P5 or historical rival. These strategies should be used across the conference. Maybe they are showing highlights of the shootout with GSU last year and fans know they could get another night of offensive fireworks.

They are doing it the same way they did it for the chi st basketball game. They are approaching business' and telling them it is a great opportunity to buy tickets for your employees to show appreciation to them. Also people buy tickets and donate them to organizations like the boys and girls club stuff like that. Which is great because one you help get kids to the game that wouldnt normally get to go and two you still get money for those tickets rather than giving them away for free. People in Las Cruces seem to get excited for events too they don't want to miss out. They did it for the Chicage State basketball game and peoples biggest fear was that it would be a sell out but the donated tickets wouldnt be used so it wouldn't look like a sell out. I can tell you first hand that place was packed so it does work if done right. Whats nice is they are actually pushing tickets rather than just rolling them out there and saying "here you go buy them" what good is it to have a promotion if no one buys them?

Also helps when your AD is an Aggie, who is leading the charge to sell it out. Alumni are the best advocates for ones school.
07-06-2015 11:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Now, to make it worth it, you got to win. Win and the fans will return, lose and you got to start all over.
07-06-2015 12:29 PM
nmsuaggies Offline
SunBeltbbs NMSU INsider

I Root For:
(07-06-2015 12:29 PM)Usajags Wrote:  Now, to make it worth it, you got to win. Win and the fans will return, lose and you got to start all over.

You are correct. We play UTEP in Las Cruces right after Georgia State, so we could end up having back to back sell outs to start the season at home.
07-06-2015 08:41 PM
FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
(07-02-2015 02:27 PM)Usajags Wrote:  I think you guys are doing better at selling out a game against GaSt the F_U is at selling out a home game with U of Miami.

Let's see NMSU make some strides this year, would like to see you guys win some games.

You got a hard on for the Florida schools constantly, right? 03-lmfao

By the way, FAU will be playing da U this season, and they already announced over 20k tickets sold about a week ago not including student seats.

So keep on stroking, aah, i mean trucking. 05-stirthepot
07-07-2015 07:28 AM
GaSouthern Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Georgia So.
Thats great! Congrats NMSU! Glad to have you as conf members!
07-07-2015 02:43 PM
CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
(07-07-2015 07:28 AM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 02:27 PM)Usajags Wrote:  I think you guys are doing better at selling out a game against GaSt the F_U is at selling out a home game with U of Miami.

By the way, FAU will be playing da U this season, and they already announced over 20k tickets sold about a week ago not including student seats.

So the U will be the visiting team with the home crowd. LOL yea it always boils down to others picking up your stink and flushing it into the Atlantic.
07-08-2015 04:59 PM
Advertisement

FIU4Ever Offline

(07-08-2015 04:59 PM)CajunExpress Wrote:  

So the U will be the visiting team with the home crowd. LOL yea it always boils down to others picking up your stink and flushing it into the Atlantic.

I don't understand your comment. Usajags threw out an hypothesis and I proved it wrong, now you want to change the narrative. Are you saying it would not be a sellout?

It also surprises me that you guys, who like to post the pictures of empty stands at SunLife Stadium and the demise of the interest in "da U" are quick to point to UM fans selling out someone else's stadium. Pick one side and stick with it man!
07-08-2015 05:09 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(07-08-2015 05:09 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  

I don't understand your comment. Usajags threw out an hypothesis and I proved it wrong, now you want to change the narrative. Are you saying it would not be a sellout?

It also surprises me that you guys, who like to post the pictures of empty stands at SunLife Stadium and the demise of the interest in "da U" are quick to point to UM fans selling out someone else's stadium. Pick one side and stick with it man!

Wait, what. What did you prove wrong??? Attendance at the F_U's are bad, it will take a season of good attendance not one of you selling 20k tickets to one game to change that.
07-08-2015 05:20 PM
FIU4Ever Offline

(07-08-2015 05:20 PM)Usajags Wrote:  

Wait, what. What did you prove wrong??? Attendance at the F_U's are bad, it will take a season of good attendance not one of you selling 20k tickets to one game to change that.

I highlighted your comment, I presume you were talking about one game since we cannot play UM 12 times in one season. You said it could not be done, I pointed out that the FAU AD has already announced over 20k for the game and they have not started sale of single game tickets as yet (think that begin next week).

Now CajunExpress is inferring that this does not count because it may be mostly UM fans. That is possible, but my response was to your original assertion which did not include fan ratio.

FIU's attendance sucks, there is no panther fan alive that would tell you that was not the case so you are stating the obvious. The real question is, can it possibly get better? I believe it can, and I base this on the 2010 number of "butts in seats" when we showed a pulse. What i can tell you is that last season was bad and the only way it gets worst is if the athletes family also stop showing up 03-nutkick
So I expect improvements in attendance and possibly a bowl game this season (yeah, i know you laughed at the last part 03-lmfao).
07-08-2015 05:36 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(07-08-2015 05:36 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 05:20 PM)Usajags Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 07:28 AM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  You got a hard on for the Florida schools constantly, right? 03-lmfao

I highlighted your comment, I presume you were talking about one game since we cannot play UM 12 times in one season. You said it could not be done, I pointed out that the FAU AD has already announced over 20k for the game and they have not started sale of single game tickets as yet (think that begin next week).

Now CajunExpress is inferring that this does not count because it may be mostly UM fans. That is possible, but my response was to your original assertion which did not include fan ratio.

FIU's attendance sucks, there is no panther fan alive that would tell you that was not the case so you are stating the obvious. The real question is, can it possibly get better? I believe it can, and I base this on the 2010 number of "butts in seats" when we showed a pulse. What i can tell you is that last season was bad and the only way it gets worst is if the athletes family also stop showing up 03-nutkick
So I expect improvements in attendance and possibly a bowl game this season (yeah, i know you laughed at the last part 03-lmfao).

I'm with you on all that. So what is come down to is a race to sell out. The competing schools are F_U playing Miami(not the one in Ohio) and NMSU playing GaSt(not in basketball). There should be some sort of handicap due to the level of incoming compitition. But if NMSU sells as many tickets as F_U, then F_U needs to drop to FCS. If "da U" went to NMSU, I bet they would sell out their house for that, easy.
07-08-2015 05:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.