Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Elon's Elijah Bryant Transferring
Bookmark and Share
Tribeheart Offline
Heisman

I Root For: William & Mary
Elon's Elijah Bryant Transferring
Sorry to see this. Pretty bad when you put out your own freshman highlight mix tape on YouTube two weeks earlier. Makes you appreciate Marcus' loyalty that much more.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/article/2015...jah-bryant
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2015 12:53 AM by Tribeheart.)
06-30-2015 12:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WMInTheBurg Offline
All American

RE: Elon's Elijah Bryant Transferring
Based on two games, I wasn't a fan of his attitude. I don't know if that would be different if he was on our team, but he didn't have enough talent for that swagger, IMO.
06-30-2015 06:17 AM
nogretheogre Offline
Lord of Bots & Tots

"20 year old rising sophomore..." No wonder he was rookie of the year.
06-30-2015 06:53 AM
wml33t Online
1st String

I Root For: William and Mar
In general not great to see the best players leave our conference. That being said, I don't necessarily hate it as much when it's from other teams :).
06-30-2015 07:26 AM
billymac Offline
Heisman

The CAA definitely needs to keep all the top level talent it can. That gets us more needed attention.
06-30-2015 07:46 AM
formertribe Offline
Water Engineer

He was a thorn in our side this year and will be a solid contributor wherever he goes.

Daniel Dixon was also a 20 year old rising sophomore.
06-30-2015 08:40 AM
Advertisement

62Indian Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W&M
(06-30-2015 12:42 AM)Tribeheart Wrote:  Sorry to see this. Pretty bad when you put out your own freshman highlight mix tape on YouTube two weeks earlier. Makes you appreciate Marcus' loyalty that much more.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/article/2015...jah-bryant

Strange circumstances. Wonder if we'll ever know the real resaon behind his departure. He couldn't get much more "love" anywhere than he, apparently, got from Elon fans, coachs, etc. not like he could say he was dissatisfied with playing time, etc.
06-30-2015 09:04 AM
billymac Offline
Heisman

The rumors had been going on all season. When we played them down there, they were hearing them. As usual, "advisors" were telling him he could play at a "higher level".
06-30-2015 09:06 AM
hktribefan Offline
1st String

I don't think there's any real mystery, he had a breakout season and is looking to step up to a bigger program in a stronger conference. It's the ever-present pull between loyalty and trying to get more exposure elsewhere. He was definitely good, but I don't know if he really cracks starting 5 at a Power 5 conference school, and that's really the only destination for significantly increased exposure; maybe A-10, or other key mid-majors.
06-30-2015 09:10 AM
Tribal Offline

Re: RE: Elon's Elijah Bryant Transferring
(06-30-2015 06:17 AM)TribeInTheBurg Wrote:  Based on two games, I wasn't a fan of his attitude. I don't know if that would be different if he was on our team, but he didn't have enough talent for that swagger, IMO.

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm not a big fan of the "Look at me, I'm a star" attitude. Bryant really hurt Elon with his timing and committing to and defecting from 3 schools since HS tells me he's far more concerned with his shine. I don't discredit him for striving for more but there's a way to go about it.

This is a hit for the CAA. W&M is lucky to have guys like Marcus and Omar (RoY) on our side.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2015 10:06 AM by Tribal.)
06-30-2015 09:12 AM
TDenverFan Offline
All American

(06-30-2015 08:40 AM)formertribe Wrote:  He was a thorn in our side this year and will be a solid contributor wherever he goes.

Daniel Dixon was also a 20 year old rising sophomore.

And Tot was 21 as a freshman
06-30-2015 09:56 AM
Advertisement

62Indian Offline
Special Teams

(06-30-2015 09:06 AM)billymac Wrote:  The rumors had been going on all season. When we played them down there, they were hearing them. As usual, "advisors" were telling him he could play at a "higher level".

Sounds like the kid from Woodside HS who started as a Freshman and played one year for W&M before transfering to UVA - never to be heard from again.
06-30-2015 10:23 AM
Big Tribe Offline
2nd String

All our guys are coming in for summer school right after July Fourth....including our new freshman big man, Hunter Seacat.

They'll be working out all summer here in the Burg.
06-30-2015 11:15 AM
62Indian Offline
Special Teams

(06-30-2015 10:23 AM)62Indian Wrote:  
(06-30-2015 09:06 AM)billymac Wrote:  The rumors had been going on all season. When we played them down there, they were hearing them. As usual, "advisors" were telling him he could play at a "higher level".

Sounds like the kid from Woodside HS who started as a Freshman and played one year for W&M before transfering to UVA - never to be heard from again.

Calvin Baker?? How could I forget??
06-30-2015 12:47 PM
Seahawk Nation 08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Bryant reminds me a little of a kid we had transfer after the 2011-12 season, when he averaged 13.7 ppg as a freshman. Adam Smith. He ended up at a VT. Before he left, his Dad was quoted as saying Smith wanted to go to a place where they played more "alley oop ball". Not even joking.

He ended up transferring again after 2 seasons with VT, where he averaged double figures. He's now at Georgia Tech.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2015 01:42 PM by Seahawk Nation 08.)
06-30-2015 01:41 PM
Tribeheart Offline
Heisman

Bryant heading to BYU...beat out Butler, Miami and Texas A&M.
07-29-2015 12:04 AM
Advertisement

62Indian Offline
Special Teams

(07-29-2015 12:04 AM)Tribeheart Wrote:  Bryant heading to BYU...beat out Butler, Miami and Texas A&M.

Perhaps that explains the reason for his decision. BYU is not only a good basketball school, but also a mostly all-Morman school. If Bryant and his family are members of the Church of Latter Day Saints that would be compelling justification. I don't know anything about Bryant personally, but this is a possible reason for the transfer.
07-29-2015 09:10 AM
hktribefan Offline
1st String

http://www.sltrib.com/home/2779723-155/b...n-transfer

Looks like he is. As 62 says, that gives some good justification. A lot of LDS kids want to play there, but if he wasn't highly recruited out of high school there are other ways to get there; albeit at the expense of Elon and somewhat the CAA.
07-29-2015 09:47 AM
Blow Gym rat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: FUS
That might also explain his age, if he took a year to do mission work after high school.

Seems to me that many years ago, W&M had a young man who played his freshman year and then took a year off for an LDS mission. Not sure who or when, but it sticks in my mind that it happened.
07-30-2015 11:19 AM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

Re: RE: Elon's Elijah Bryant Transferring
(07-30-2015 11:19 AM)Blow Gym rat Wrote:  That might also explain his age, if he took a year to do mission work after high school.

Seems to me that many years ago, W&M had a young man who played his freshman year and then took a year off for an LDS mission. Not sure who or when, but it sticks in my mind that it happened.

Chris Jensen. He had an outstanding freshman year, then left for his mission. When he came back he wasn't quite the same player and eventually transfered to Utah, I believe.
07-31-2015 02:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.