Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Alright everyone, Go ahead and get your checkbooks out
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261840113395

Spring Game Coaching Experience is up for grabs again. Winner and a friend get to become the head coaches for each team in our Spring game, complete with full play calling duties, film study with coaches, and a Powerade Bath to the winner. This year also includes a "draft" where the two people will draft their own teams, and choose which assistants will work under them. Both coaches will run their own practice on the day before the game.

Last Year's winning bid was about 12K. The Auction opened a few hours ago at 1K and is already up over 3K.

Please make checks payable to Arkansas State Athletics.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2015 11:00 PM by chiefsfan.)
04-06-2015 10:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
RE: Alright everyone, Go ahead and get your checkbooks out
(04-06-2015 10:59 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/261840113395

Spring Game Coaching Experience is up for grabs again. Winner and a friend get to become the head coaches for each team in our Spring game, complete with full play calling duties, film study with coaches, and a Powerade Bath to the winner. This year also includes a "draft" where the two people will draft their own teams, and choose which assistants will work under them. Both coaches will run their own practice on the day before the game.

Last Year's winning bid was about 12K. The Auction opened a few hours ago at 1K and is already up over 3K.

Please make checks payable to Arkansas State Athletics.

Hey, I like that idea. . . . Great fund raiser . . . .maybe we can borrow that idea during the season . . .
. . .. . You know. . . If things go South . . . with Fran. . . .
04-06-2015 11:09 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Better format this year. Winner and person of their choosing draft the teams for the Spring game and coach against each other.
04-06-2015 11:32 PM
CajunFan3406 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UL
Question. What about the losing bidders??

Seems those folks are willing to throw a bunch of $$ at your athletic program as well.

This method only rewards and collects money from one, but seems to leave a lot of potential money on the table.
04-07-2015 06:11 AM
GoBigRed26 Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte
(04-07-2015 06:11 AM)CajunFan3406 Wrote:  Question. What about the losing bidders??

Seems those folks are willing to throw a bunch of $$ at your athletic program as well.

This method only rewards and collects money from one, but seems to leave a lot of potential money on the table.

Possibly, but unless we have a dozen spring games, it's like we can't capitalize on it. Last year's winner was a tech guy from California with no affiliation with the school or team. He just saw the article in ESPN and was a college football fan and thought it'd be a cool experience.
04-07-2015 07:09 AM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(04-07-2015 07:09 AM)GoBigRed26 Wrote:  
(04-07-2015 06:11 AM)CajunFan3406 Wrote:  Question. What about the losing bidders??

Possibly, but unless we have a dozen spring games, it's like we can't capitalize on it. Last year's winner was a tech guy from California with no affiliation with the school or team. He just saw the article in ESPN and was a college football fan and thought it'd be a cool experience.
If you think outside the box you could, offer them something else for a portion of the money or something.
04-07-2015 07:49 AM
Advertisement

NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
that is a pretty cool idea
04-07-2015 07:52 AM
boroeagle2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
I remember some haters last year talking bad about this idea, I think it's great personally.
04-07-2015 08:19 AM
Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
(04-07-2015 08:19 AM)boroeagle2 Wrote:  I remember some haters last year talking bad about this idea, I think it's great personally.

Agreed, this is awesome. I bet if a P5 does this, it gets covered on SportsCenter. Seems like a lot of fun.
04-07-2015 09:18 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

(04-07-2015 09:18 AM)Pounce FTW Wrote:  
(04-07-2015 08:19 AM)boroeagle2 Wrote:  I remember some haters last year talking bad about this idea, I think it's great personally.

Agreed, this is awesome. I bet if a P5 does this, it gets covered on SportsCenter. Seems like a lot of fun.

could you imagine the money someone would shell out to do this at ohio state, or Alabama? good lord.
04-07-2015 09:19 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Last year a local couple offered some figure near the bid amount to make Larry Lacewell our former head coach the coach of the opposing team. First play from scrimmage he lined them up in the wishbone.
04-07-2015 09:22 AM
Advertisement

NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

(04-07-2015 09:22 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Last year a local couple offered some figure near the bid amount to make Larry Lacewell our former head coach the coach of the opposing team. First play from scrimmage he lined them up in the wishbone.

03-lmfao
04-07-2015 09:47 AM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

(04-07-2015 09:22 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Last year a local couple offered some figure near the bid amount to make Larry Lacewell our former head coach the coach of the opposing team. First play from scrimmage he lined them up in the wishbone.

For those that don't recall, Lacewell ran the wishbone at ASU for some very good years. I know Memphis St, Texas A&M, Ole Miss and Miss St, remember him well.
04-07-2015 10:08 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU

I think that might be the next step, but we'd have to be very careful with it because we'd have to have something for every bidder, and they would have to be willing to spend the amount they bid, because history seems to dictate that none of the bidders are actual fans of our team. They just want to coach a football game to say they did.
04-07-2015 11:14 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

(04-07-2015 11:14 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

I think that might be the next step, but we'd have to be very careful with it because we'd have to have something for every bidder, and they would have to be willing to spend the amount they bid, because history seems to dictate that none of the bidders are actual fans of our team. They just want to coach a football game to say they did.

I would think something along the lines of "if you want to be entered to win "x" if you are the 2nd highest bid, check this box" could work. That way people can opt into 2nd, 3rd, 4rd place bid prizes, kind of a thing.
04-07-2015 11:30 AM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

He also ran the guard around. This time the refs didn't blow the play dead. Was it against Ole Miss or Miss St they blew it dead? Some things you try to forget.
04-07-2015 03:09 PM
Advertisement

Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

(04-07-2015 03:09 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  

He also ran the guard around. This time the refs didn't blow the play dead. Was it against Ole Miss or Miss St they blew it dead? Some things you try to forget.

Ole Miss.
I believe we ended up settling for a 10-10 tie that year.
04-07-2015 03:38 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(04-07-2015 03:38 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  
(04-07-2015 03:09 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  

Ole Miss.
I believe we ended up settling for a 10-10 tie that year.

I thought it was Ole Miss but was unsure. That was a 10-10 loss.
04-07-2015 04:15 PM
GoBigRed26 Offline
1st String

Current Bid is up to $7900 now.
04-07-2015 05:30 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

$8,700

Please note....."Local pick-up only"
04-08-2015 03:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.