Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"Transfer Tuesday" - seems like half the MAC is transferring (Okay 9 players)
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
http://www.verbalcommits.com/conferences/mid-american

Included in the list is Ajayi. I counted EIGHT others within the MAC. Don't know if there is anything magic about March 31 (maybe a deadline to extend scholarship offers for next year?????).

My GUESS: He will graduate and do the graduate eligible transfer option OR could go D-II, if that is his wish. I believe Ajayi is a good student and hopefully got his course work completed and will become a college graduate soon.

We'll see. That said, I wish he would have stayed for another year. I still think he has potential, but needs to put it together. IF Ajayi will graduate next month or this summer, then its his option to return and also Murphy's option to extend a scholarship for 2015/16. As I posted in the 'offers' thread, it is a mutual decision. Murphy has to extend a scholarship for next season and Ajayi accept it.

We now have 5 scholarships to give.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2015 02:57 PM by emu steve.)
03-31-2015 02:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EagleSam Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: "Transfer Tuesday" - seems like half the MAC is transferring
Wow. I honestly didn't expect Ajayi to transfer. Had hopes that he'd be the starting center next season. Looks like that opens another scholarship, and leaves us with just Samuels at center (unless we include Naz). Maybe Murph sees Nobles as a center? Has the length for it, but still looked very thin at the end of the season.
03-31-2015 02:23 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

(03-31-2015 02:23 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  Wow. I honestly didn't expect Ajayi to transfer. Had hopes that he'd be the starting center next season. Looks like that opens another scholarship, and leaves us with just Samuels at center (unless we include Naz). Maybe Murph sees Nobles as a center? Has the length for it, but still looked very thin at the end of the season.

I know it isn't good social form to ask a woman her weight 05-nono, but it is okay to ask a men's basketball player his weight.

Nobles told me: 192 lbs.

I believe his high school weight was about 170.

I'm losing weight; Nobles is gaining weight. All is well... 04-cheers
03-31-2015 02:32 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

(03-31-2015 02:32 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(03-31-2015 02:23 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  Wow. I honestly didn't expect Ajayi to transfer. Had hopes that he'd be the starting center next season. Looks like that opens another scholarship, and leaves us with just Samuels at center (unless we include Naz). Maybe Murph sees Nobles as a center? Has the length for it, but still looked very thin at the end of the season.

I know it isn't good social form to ask a woman her weight 05-nono, but it is okay to ask a men's basketball player his weight.

Nobles told me: 192 lbs.

I believe his high school weight was about 170.

I'm losing weight; Nobles is gaining weight. All is well... 04-cheers

192 is quite an improvement. If he can get to 200 pounds, he should be fine. I don't think Jamell Harris was ever more than 200-205, and he played center before Riley got eligibility. It would be nice to have a shot-blocker in the middle again.
03-31-2015 02:40 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

UPDATE:

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goo...t2015March

Ajayi WILL graduate per Jeff Goodman.

I'm happy that Lekan will become a college graduate and a chance to play another season. Wish it could be at EMU, but...

BTW, Murphy IS getting his players graduated, e.g., Riley, GB III, J.R. Sims, Talley, Harrison, Strickland, Ajayi (plus, of course, Samuels and Okoloji are already college graduates).

The NCAA and our AD pay a LOT of attention to those numbers.
03-31-2015 02:46 PM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
RE: "Transfer Tuesday" - seems like half the MAC is transferring (Okay 9 players)
the number will grow by at least 1. WMU has oversigned and will need to purge a current scholarship player in the next could of weeks.
03-31-2015 03:21 PM
Advertisement

emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

RE: "Transfer Tuesday" - seems like half the MAC is transferring (Okay 9 pla...
(03-31-2015 02:46 PM)emu steve Wrote:  UPDATE:

I'm happy that Lekan will become a college graduate and a chance to play another season. Wish it could be at EMU, but...

BTW, Murphy IS getting his players graduated, e.g., Riley, GB III, J.R. Sims, Talley, Harrison, Strickland, Ajayi (plus, of course, Samuels and Okoloji are already college graduates).

They do? Since when? And if that were true kim would still be our coach.07-coffee3
03-31-2015 07:46 PM
rayEMU Offline
Special Teams

RE: "Transfer Tuesday" - seems like half the MAC is transferring (Okay 9 players)
Woah, that is a big blow. Is he planning on leaving EMU?

I just don't think Samuels can manage to be a 30 minute center- he is too foul prone with an average of 3.1 in only 12.2 minutes per game.

With Okoloji gone as well, Nazionne is more needed at PF. Plus, he is clearly better at that position in my opinion.

I guess Nobles is our only hope for backing up center with significant minutes. Which is not a good sign to have to rely on an undersized freshman- but I suppose you never know. Maybe his lightweight will make him a quicker defender and help to avoid fouls. Does he have "length" with his arms at all?
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2015 08:59 PM by rayEMU.)
03-31-2015 08:58 PM
rayEMU Offline
Special Teams

03-hissyfit03-hissyfit03-puke03-puke03-banghead03-banghead04-chairshot04-chairshot
03-31-2015 09:00 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

Steve stop it. Murphy did not have one of those players for 4 years, so don't say he is getting his players graduated. Let's not imply he is the Bob Knight of "getting players graduated." 01-lauramac2
04-01-2015 06:34 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

(04-01-2015 06:34 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  

Steve stop it. Murphy did not have one of those players for 4 years, so don't say he is getting his players graduated. Let's not imply he is the Bob Knight of "getting players graduated." 01-lauramac2

Doesn't matter. All but J.R. Sims are his recruits. Riley counts as much as a 4-year recruit.
04-01-2015 06:41 AM
Advertisement

Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

The next kid he coaches for 4 years and graduates, will be his first. Hell, that is unbelievable. Who knows when/if that will happen.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 06:46 AM by Bob Wickersham.)
04-01-2015 06:45 AM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

(04-01-2015 06:41 AM)emu steve Wrote:  

Doesn't matter. All but J.R. Sims are his recruits. Riley counts as much as a 4-year recruit.
03-lmfao
04-01-2015 06:51 AM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

(04-01-2015 06:45 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  The next kid he coaches for 4 years and graduates, will be his first. Hell, that is unbelievable. Who knows when/if that will happen.

How is that unbelievable? This season was his 4th year as our coach. Considering he was hired late, he didn't really have an opportunity to bring in any true freshmen his first season, so of course he hasn't had a 4 year player graduate. He brought in two freshmen the next season...one transferred (because he wasn't good enough to beat out Talley), and the other is set to graduate at the end of this year, while still having another year of basketball eligibility.

Stop making giant issues out of nothing. Your trolling knows no bounds.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 10:37 AM by EagleSam.)
04-01-2015 07:09 AM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

Only Wickersham could find a way to complain about kids graduating college.
04-01-2015 07:12 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

(04-01-2015 07:12 AM)EagleSam Wrote:  

Only Wickersham could find a way to complain about kids graduating college.

True. AND, J.R. counts as his 'graduating player' even though he didn't recruit him.

Wick complains if the day isn't 100% sunny. 05-stirthepot And on a 'bad day' he complains IF the day IS 100% sunny. Lol.

Truth be told, come this summer, EMU (and Murphy) will have an EXCELLENT record of graduating men's basketball players.

I believe all players who have stayed in the program (four or five year) have graduated. Hopefully Ross and Combs will graduate at their new schools.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 07:24 AM by emu steve.)
04-01-2015 07:23 AM
Advertisement

HuronRob Offline
Special Teams

Very positive news about Murphy and the athletic department doing such a good job about graduating players. Way more important than wins and losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-01-2015 10:35 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

(04-01-2015 10:35 AM)HuronRob Wrote:  Very positive news about Murphy and the athletic department doing such a good job about graduating players. Way more important than wins and losses.

Bob/Rob:

Back to back 20+ win seasons,

Back to back multiple MAC tourney wins,

Win over UofM,

Very high (maybe perfect) graduation rate... (depending if Ross, Combs graduate from their new schools).

Murphy's last two years have been a LOT, LOT better than what many here give him credit.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 03:34 PM by emu steve.)
04-01-2015 03:33 PM
HuronRob Offline
Special Teams

(04-01-2015 03:33 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 10:35 AM)HuronRob Wrote:  Very positive news about Murphy and the athletic department doing such a good job about graduating players. Way more important than wins and losses.

Bob/Rob:

Win over UofM,

Very high (maybe perfect) graduation rate... (depending if Ross, Combs graduate from their new schools).

Murphy's last two years have been a LOT, LOT better than what many here give him credit.

Steve,

Stick with the non contentious topic of graduation rate and please stop addressing me with Bob.

Thank you,

Rob

04-01-2015 03:55 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

(04-01-2015 03:33 PM)emu steve Wrote:  

Bob/Rob:

Win over UofM,

Even i could have perfect graduation rate if all i recruited were juniors, seniors and graduate students. And a schedule so weak any halfway competent coach could have a 20 win season. Stop making an ant hill into a mount everest!07-coffee3
04-01-2015 04:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.