UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So what's next.
Ramsay7884 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB Basketball
So what's next.
So what's next?? Does Ray have to go? Seems like he has to go now. He has said many different times he will not step down.

This today seems to be the best news uab could possibly hear. Now on the national stage, talk about how the fight has just begun!!!
03-23-2015 04:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: So what's next.
The NAS needs to vote an unreserved no-confidence and demand his resignation and the return of football, bowling, and rifle.

If he does not step down we need thousands of people standing in the middle of 20th St. in front of the admin building, demanding his resignation. I don't think that it would be very hard to get it either. If need be we can call it for after work on the green so that the cameras can see thousands of us out there calling for him to go.

I don't think there is any way he survives this. He had no support *before* this came out.
03-23-2015 04:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BatesUAB Offline
Doombringer, Esq.

I Root For: Hard Liquor
(03-23-2015 04:41 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  He had no support *before* this came out.

He has support from the one place that counts. The Board of Trustees.
03-23-2015 04:52 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
(03-23-2015 04:52 PM)BatesUAB Wrote:  
(03-23-2015 04:41 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  He had no support *before* this came out.

He has support from the one place that counts. The Board of Trustees.

Right! They are the ones who hired him and are the ONLY ones who can fire him.

Of course, since he has their full support - until he doesn't - he can be paid off like all those past coaches and be paid full salary for as long as it takes. $800,000 per year plus what he would make as a doctor would provide a comfortable life.

What's next for UAB athletics depends upon the decisions of C-USA bosses and then the bosses of whatever conference we might apply to join (if dropped).
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2015 05:07 PM by BAMANBLAZERFAN.)
03-23-2015 05:02 PM
Advertisement

Doktyr X Offline
1st String

I Root For: Science! (+UAB)
Keep in mind, the BoT will take whatever steps it needs to keep this out of a courtroom. A civil or legal discovery process during a case might end up being the straw that would break the BoT's back. They will insure that never happens. If Watts becomes any more radioactive (if that is possible), they will force him out and push to make deals in the legislature in order to survive. They may even (at this point) consider making a few concessions. We are closing in on critical mass. When they force his retirement, it will be done as a play for time.
03-23-2015 05:25 PM
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
(03-23-2015 05:25 PM)Doktyr X Wrote:  Keep in mind, the BoT will take whatever steps it needs to keep this out of a courtroom. A civil or legal discovery process during a case might end up being the straw that would break the BoT's back. They will insure that never happens. If Watts becomes any more radioactive (if that is possible), they will force him out and push to make deals in the legislature in order to survive. They may even (at this point) consider making a few concessions. We are closing in on critical mass. When they force his retirement, it will be done as a play for time.

Yep, I think you are right, but for the time being I don't think that they are too worried about being dragged into court. However, if I were one of them I would be very concerned about Jack bills and our lobbying efforts. As one of the unpaid lobbyist I can tell you that this revelation, like the others, makes our job a lot easier.

I wouldn't be surprised that the BOT may soon be looking to make a deal with Jack to stave off complete defeat. I've heard Jack say that they might come calling. I read on another thread that Jack has meetings scheduled this week with a couple of BOT Trustees - that could be the beginning of that negotiation process. Since the BOT is in one hell of bind, I don't think that they in any position to dictate terms.

We could start a very interesting discussion of what everyone would consider a fair result to a negotiated settlement with the BOT. Boy, I can imagine how diverse the opinions on that one would be. 05-stirthepot
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2015 06:51 PM by CajunBlazer.)
03-23-2015 06:05 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(03-23-2015 06:05 PM)CajunBlazer Wrote:  We could start a very interesting discussion of what everyone would consider a fair result to a negotiated settlement with the BOT. Boy, I can imagine how diverse the opinions on that one would be.

58-56's Terms of Surrender:

1. Immediate resignation of: Ray Watts, Robert Witt, Paul W. Bryant Jr., Finis St. John IV, Allen Bolton, Shirley Kahn, Robert Palazzo, Joseph Espy III, Jim Wilson III, Karen Brooks, Barbara Humphrey, John D. Johns, Vanessa Leonard.

2. No severance package or NDA for those employed by UAB.

3. Replacement of those eight Trustees with five UAB and three UAH alumni, thoroughly vetted and approved by a 2/3 vote of their respective alumni society memberships.

4. Cancellation of any and all NDAs signed by former UAB employees.

5. Ray Watts will hand over his new UAB jacket to TC Cannon.

6. Immediate restoration of football, bowling and rifle programs at UAB.

7. Immediate restoration of the Clean Air Initiative at UAB.

8. Immediate start on construction of a football stadium at UAB.

9. Those eight removed Trustees, and any corporate entity in which they hold an ownership stake or board seat, are forbidden from any contact with any campus of the University of Alabama System (including acting as athletic boosters).
03-23-2015 09:36 PM
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I'll drink to that!
03-23-2015 09:40 PM
Blazer_pidelta517 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UAB & C-USA
#5 is my favorite.
03-23-2015 09:41 PM
rook360 Offline
All American

(03-23-2015 09:36 PM)58-56 Wrote:  58-56's Terms of Surrender:

1. Immediate resignation of: Ray Watts, Robert Witt, Paul W. Bryant Jr., Finis St. John IV, Allen Bolton, Shirley Kahn, Robert Palazzo, Joseph Espy III, Jim Wilson III, Karen Brooks, Barbara Humphrey, John D. Johns, Vanessa Leonard, John England.

2. No severance package or NDA for those employed by UAB.

3. Replacement of those eight Trustees with five UAB and three UAH alumni, thoroughly vetted and approved by a 2/3 vote of their respective alumni society memberships.

4. Cancellation of any and all NDAs signed by former UAB employees.

5. Ray Watts will hand over his new UAB jacket to TC Cannon.

6. Immediate restoration of football, bowling and rifle programs at UAB.

7. Immediate restoration of the Clean Air Initiative at UAB.

8. Immediate start on construction of a football stadium at UAB.

9. Those eight removed Trustees, and any corporate entity in which they hold an ownership stake or board seat, are forbidden from any contact with any campus of the University of Alabama System (including acting as athletic boosters).

I like your demands. Fixed number 1 for you and number 9 is beautiful!!!
03-23-2015 09:43 PM
Advertisement

BlazintheATL Offline
All American

This is what I wonder as well. It seems like these ass hats are refusing to back down so where do we go from here? Obviously this helps us in the court of public opinion, which can help the proposed legislation, but does this really help expedite the return of the programs we lost?
03-24-2015 01:03 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Win Montgomery.
03-24-2015 09:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PTBlazer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB, UofA
I've mentioned what I've been told by someone close to BOT members (and I think it's credible, draw your own conclusions); that the Board is going to back President Watts 100% on this. Dr. Witt's comments, however misguided, are in my mind solid evidence of this. Governor Bentley (who may be, no is, the dumbest Governor since Guy Hunt) is not going to get involved except to remain on the sidelines, which in itself is support for the BOT. So unless there is definitive action in the Legislature, I don't think Dr. Watts is going anywhere, unless he just can't stand being the most hated man in North Central Alabama.

I think, despite Jack William's, some good UAB people (Cajun Blazer, etc.), and other's work in Montgomery; getting a restructured Board bill passed is going to be very difficult. I frankly think (and am told by the lobbyist) that the first bill about board training will probably get passed with ease, but the others are going to be tough. However, Dr. Watts did not help himself yesterday, and neither did Dr. Witt.

I made mention of a student protest in another thread, and I think that really could make a difference. That is the type of thing that gets national news, and it really has got to become a real stain and embarrassment to the Board and the State before anything will be done, both with President Watts and the Board.

My $.02.
03-24-2015 09:49 AM
Advertisement

USAFBlazerFan Offline
Bleeding Green & Gold since '93

I Root For: UAB BLAZERS!!!
(03-24-2015 09:49 AM)PTBlazer Wrote:  I've mentioned what I've been told by someone close to BOT members (and I think it's credible, draw your own conclusions); that the Board is going to back President Watts 100% on this. Dr. Witt's comments, however misguided, are in my mind solid evidence of this. Governor Bentley (who may be, no is, the dumbest Governor since Guy Hunt) is not going to get involved except to remain on the sidelines, which in itself is support for the BOT. So unless there is definitive action in the Legislature, I don't think Dr. Watts is going anywhere, unless he just can't stand being the most hated man in North Central Alabama.

I think, despite Jack William's, some good UAB people (Cajun Blazer, etc.), and other's work in Montgomery; getting a restructured Board bill passed is going to be very difficult. I frankly think (and am told by the lobbyist) that the first bill about board training will probably get passed with ease, but the others are going to be tough. However, Dr. Watts did not help himself yesterday, and neither did Dr. Witt.

I made mention of a student protest in another thread, and I think that really could make a difference. That is the type of thing that gets national news, and it really has got to become a real stain and embarrassment to the Board and the State before anything will be done, both with President Watts and the Board.

My $.02.
This is VERY VITAL to the efforts of the "vocal minority."
It is TIME to maraud the boiler room and drag out the Bamar mafia. It is time for our own Eliot Ness to go after Watts-up doc, the Nit Witt , and the rest of the mis-trustees and take them DOWN!
They are NOT untouchable. We can win this, and the court of public opinion is where it has to happen... We need the ENTIRE student body to stage a "skip & sit-out" on the green! THIS will garner NATIONAL public attention, and will shine the light that is needed on the big media stage.
Folks, we are at a tipping point. We push hard enough, and the dominoes WILL FALL!
We Fight!!!
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 10:08 AM by USAFBlazerFan.)
03-24-2015 10:07 AM
uabfanman Offline
1st String

(03-24-2015 09:49 AM)PTBlazer Wrote:  I've mentioned what I've been told by someone close to BOT members (and I think it's credible, draw your own conclusions); that the Board is going to back President Watts 100% on this. Dr. Witt's comments, however misguided, are in my mind solid evidence of this. Governor Bentley (who may be, no is, the dumbest Governor since Guy Hunt) is not going to get involved except to remain on the sidelines, which in itself is support for the BOT. So unless there is definitive action in the Legislature, I don't think Dr. Watts is going anywhere, unless he just can't stand being the most hated man in North Central Alabama.

My $.02.

I also feel that most of the bills are a long shot even at this point. I think the best thing we can hope for is that Watts and the board will continue to back each other 100% as dirt keeps coming out.
03-24-2015 10:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.