Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So what if...
Bookmark and Share
Got Ribe Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: W&M
So what if...
...we had actually won? Were they really going to deny a court-storming opportunity to everyone except for those <166 students on the floor carrying the proper credential? Had any of the rest of you worked out a plan for that? Most of the plans I had worked out involved a final stop at the Baltimore City Jail, but I still wasn't going to be denied.

For next year, I'm going to have plan. (And fwiw, I did see some of the "credentials" being surreptitiously distributed by someone.)

Got Ribe!
03-10-2015 12:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tribeheart Online
Heisman

I Root For: William & Mary
RE: So what if...
I had already assumed jail time was going to get checked off my bucket list....Just didn't know I had it on the bucket list before yesterday. [Image: mugshot-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Just sorry I was not able to get there earlier to get to Pratt's to put a face to some of you and know who I'd be breaking out of jail with!

One thing for sure, despite all of the positive and negative commentary, the highs and lows, it is far, far better to have a program in the national and local conversation, then to be irrelevant.

So what if, UNCW had not lost to Elon in their final regular season game and we had faced NU on Sunday and then Hofstra on Monday night?? So many parameters figure in the mix every year. When you're in the championship game 4 out of 8 years, your bell curve is in a good place, and your day is coming and it will be that much sweeter when it does.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2015 01:28 PM by Tribeheart.)
03-10-2015 01:20 PM
wrnbldg Offline
Bench Warmer

So what if...
If you listened carefully to the announcement, the penalty for improperly rushing the court was announced as removal from the facility. Had anyone been criminally charged, Mr. Got Tibe and I would of course put together a pro bono defense team for any such persons.
03-10-2015 06:45 PM
nj alum Offline
Petulant

I Root For: william & mary
The plan was as follows.

Create a diversion ... flood the floor!!!!
03-10-2015 06:55 PM
BurgTribeFan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: William&Mary
if we had won, there would have been nothing/no one that would have kept me off that floor.......
03-10-2015 07:04 PM
Advertisement

Mrs. Got Ribe Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Tribe
I figured I couldn't get in too much trouble if I followed the advice (or footsteps) of my lawyer.
03-10-2015 08:17 PM
Tribe4SF Offline
1st String

Let's see...storm the court...get thrown out of the arena. Fine! It was my theme for the weekend anyway.
03-11-2015 06:22 AM
WmbgTribeFan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WM
My wife said if I jump that rail and she has to bail me out of jail there would be serious problems. I weighed my options and said "of course I won't dear." In my mind I said, "me and my fellow Tribe fans are going to go absolutely ape **** down there and it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission." I was going. No doubt in my mind.
03-11-2015 11:53 AM
NC Tribe Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M, JMU
I would have gone. I went on the court after Culucko's shot went in and JMU beat ODU. I was pulling for JMU and it was the most remarkable comeback i have ever witnessed in person. Back then everyone was invited down, but we had to climb over two press tables to get on teh court.
03-11-2015 12:10 PM
Advertisement

WMTRIBE75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WILLIAM & MARY
(03-11-2015 11:53 AM)WmbgTribeFan Wrote:  My wife said if I jump that rail and she has to bail me out of jail there would be serious problems. I weighed my options and said "of course I won't dear." In my mind I said, "me and my fellow Tribe fans are going to go absolutely ape **** down there and it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission." I was going. No doubt in my mind.

+1
03-11-2015 12:20 PM
LeadBolt Offline
All American

I'm not sure that Royal Farms Arena was equipped to handle as many Tribe fans doing Jimmy V impersonations on the court as there were Tribe fans ready to do them. By the time they would have regained control, it would have been Tuesday!
03-11-2015 01:03 PM
nj alum Offline
Petulant

I Root For: william & mary
(03-11-2015 01:03 PM)LeadBolt Wrote:  I'm not sure that Royal Farms Arena was equipped to handle as many Tribe fans doing Jimmy V impersonations on the court as there were Tribe fans ready to do them. By the time they would have regained control, it would have been Tuesday!

It would definitely have been a Kevin Bacon Animal House moment!!
03-11-2015 02:59 PM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
(03-11-2015 12:20 PM)WMTRIBE75 Wrote:  
(03-11-2015 11:53 AM)WmbgTribeFan Wrote:  My wife said if I jump that rail and she has to bail me out of jail there would be serious problems. I weighed my options and said "of course I won't dear." In my mind I said, "me and my fellow Tribe fans are going to go absolutely ape **** down there and it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission." I was going. No doubt in my mind.

+1

My wife wasn't there. Making matters worse, two of my best college friends who have always been able to get me into trouble were. That, plus the excitement of the accomplishment would have led to begging later for certain. Fun to dream about for sure. Next year, a much larger group is coming with me. Hopefully, court storming won't be banned before then.
03-11-2015 05:16 PM
Advertisement

wmmii Offline
1st String

Dumb rule. Maybe as a money maker for CAA they can sell a court storming pass to fix this....
Worse that happens they throw you out, no jail time needed.
03-13-2015 09:01 AM
wml33t Offline
1st String

I Root For: William and Mar
I'm kind of in the camp that there would have been so many of us, what were they going to do? Definitely a silly policy, but I wonder if it's some sort of NCAA policy that they have to pretend to follow?
03-13-2015 09:05 AM
Tribal Offline

Re: RE: So what if...
(03-11-2015 06:22 AM)Tribe4SF Wrote:  Let's see...storm the court...get thrown out of the arena. Fine! It was my theme for the weekend anyway.

Retired in favor of a life on the run?

For the better behaved, I figure I'd storm the floor and deal with the fallout. I have a clean criminal record - magistrate or judge would have tossed the misdemeanor anyway.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2015 09:14 AM by Tribal.)
03-13-2015 09:13 AM
Tribe4SF Offline
1st String

(03-13-2015 09:13 AM)Tribal Wrote:  
(03-11-2015 06:22 AM)Tribe4SF Wrote:  Let's see...storm the court...get thrown out of the arena. Fine! It was my theme for the weekend anyway.

Retired in favor of a life on the run?

For the better behaved, I figure I'd storm the floor and deal with the fallout. I have a clean criminal record - magistrate or judge would have tossed the misdemeanor anyway.

It's Baltimore. Just channel Jimmy McNulty and you can get away with anything.
03-13-2015 09:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.