UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Most blocks ever against a Blazer team
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Diaz's 13 blocks were the most ever (I believe) against the Blazers. My stats only go back to 1991, but prior to tonight, the record was 9, recorded by Erick Dampier of Mississippi State in 1993 and Frank Wilson of South Alabama in 1994.

I don't have any files on opponent triple doubles, but I don't think that has ever happened before either. It would have had to be points, rebounds and assists though.
03-07-2015 11:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Agent Orange Sauce Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB Rifle
RE: Most blocks ever against a Blazer team
Most blocks this year in college basketball.
03-08-2015 12:36 AM
Dracorex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
We really missed Tosin Mehinti vs. FIU
03-08-2015 10:45 AM
Advertisement

BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

Many of those blocks were due to smaller guys going up , without even a fake, against a long tall guy. Stupid play yielded obvious outcomes most of the night inside against Diaz.
03-08-2015 11:54 AM
BlazerGold09 Offline
All American

In my observations, we really sold out on getting to the rim the 1st half. It wasn't a terrible game plan. We could have gotten Diaz in foul trouble if we had been more effective. Instead, he played really well and we got spooked to shoot jump shots. We adjusted well in 2nd half like we have all conference. I think Tosin could have accounted for a 6-8 point swing on the defensive end if he played. FIU made a great adjustment once they realized Mehinti was out. They kept Lee's player out of the paint which only left Washington to defend. As we all saw, this didn't go well. We went to a zone in the 2nd half that was more effective.

I like the way Norton stepped up. All he needs is to see the ball go in and he is automatic. I loved his pull up 3 he shot in transition. That is super ballsy for a freshman.

I'm lost on Brown at the moment. He has lost confidence in his jump shot. We are going to need him to play close to his average to be successful.
03-08-2015 12:04 PM
jthrashr Offline
1st String

I didn't get to watch the game, but after looking at the box score, I'm assuming Diaz got most of his blocks on Baxter and Madison. They both have a propensity for throwing up bad shots around the rim.

Unfortunately, Brown is regressing back to his career averages now. Through about 3/4 of conference play, Brown's shooting percentages were well above his career numbers, but over the long run, he's just not an accurate shooter.
03-08-2015 04:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.