Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CIT Bid
Bookmark and Share
PhillyDuke Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU
CIT Bid
If you look at RPIs of teams who were given CIT bids in the past, you'd have to think JMU would be in line for an invite. Especially given the conference co-championship.

The tenor of the post game show on WSVA seemed to be one of finality though...

Has the administration already taken JMU'S hat out of the ring? Does the loss of 100k plus on the Liberty playoff game have an impact? Is this any reflection of Brady's future?
03-07-2015 04:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: CIT Bid
I hate the CIT and the other one which I cannot remember the name. Serves little purpose to the schools.
03-07-2015 04:56 PM
brizzock Offline
Galactic Overlord

CIT Bid
Purely IMO, but I don't see that co-championship getting us any street cred for the postseason tourneys. We simply didn't beat anyone of note, and got smoked in the first round. Not much to hang our hat on.
03-07-2015 04:56 PM
PhillyDuke Offline
Special Teams

CBI.

You may hate them, but they are built for mid-majors and/or young teams that could thrive in future year tournaments. We are both.
03-07-2015 04:57 PM
HMK Offline
Special Teams

Attendance was a record low for the convo this year. How could JMU justify a money loser when interest in men's basketball is at an all time low?
03-07-2015 04:58 PM
DolleyMadison Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU Dukes
Matt just said they are in talks with CBI and CIT in the post game press conference.
03-07-2015 05:01 PM
Advertisement

DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
What's the point? Vodo going to learn how to jump?
03-07-2015 05:02 PM
DolleyMadison Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU Dukes
(03-07-2015 04:58 PM)HMK Wrote:  Attendance was a record low for the convo this year. How could JMU justify a money loser when interest in men's basketball is at an all time low?

Try again...

Just taking a quick look attendance stats on the CAA site, our home attendance for this year at the Convo wasn't even the lowest in the last five years let alone all time. 01-wingedeagle
03-07-2015 05:06 PM
NH/JMU Saxkow Offline
1st String

You would have to think this would speak volumes on whether Brady keeps his job. Considering both of those tournaments are pay-to-play, if JMU is investing that money for us to play, they are investing in Brady sticking around.
03-07-2015 05:08 PM
84Breeze Offline
Special Teams

CIT Bid
No way they take a bid to one of those pay for play tourneys if they are going to fire Brady!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-07-2015 05:09 PM
DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

There's no point in playing in either of those tournaments in either case. NIT? Yeah, sure. Those ... no point at all.
03-07-2015 05:10 PM
Advertisement

Dutch Duke Offline
Bench Warmer

CIT Bid
A tourney game like that gives a young team extra practice time and experience. Both of which the Dukes need. I think Brady is staying and if he does the administration should support this team with a bid.
03-07-2015 05:14 PM
HMK Offline
Special Teams

(03-07-2015 05:06 PM)DolleyMadison Wrote:  
(03-07-2015 04:58 PM)HMK Wrote:  Attendance was a record low for the convo this year. How could JMU justify a money loser when interest in men's basketball is at an all time low?

Try again...

Just taking a quick look attendance stats on the CAA site, our home attendance for this year at the Convo wasn't even the lowest in the last five years let alone all time. 01-wingedeagle
Attendance is the number of butts in the seats. Counting tickets given away or unused is a way to boost the attendance numbers.
It really does not matter how you count, the empty convo is evidence that interest in the men's basketball program is declining.
03-07-2015 05:16 PM
DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

There's no amount of practice that's going to help this team between now and next year. They had a week to practice for this game. Cancel a couple of these scholarships (we all know who they are) and hit the recruiting trail.
03-07-2015 05:17 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

CIT Bid
Decisions shouldn't be made out of spite. If the team can sneak into a 3rd tier tournament then you absolutely put them in. It is a developmental opportunity and it is good for the program.
03-07-2015 05:20 PM
JMU13 Offline
Special Teams

I disagree with a lot of you.

We could use all the exposure we can get...ESPECIALLY if our head coach will be gone next year.

It means a lot to these HS kids who hear that the team was on tv a bunch of times vs not.
03-07-2015 05:23 PM
Advertisement

JMUPride Offline
1st String

(03-07-2015 05:10 PM)DoubleDDuke Wrote:  There's no point in playing in either of those tournaments in either case. NIT? Yeah, sure. Those ... no point at all.

Experiencing tournament games for a young team is never a bad thing, even if it is the CBI/CIT
03-07-2015 05:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Purple Pilgrim Offline
1st String

(03-07-2015 05:17 PM)DoubleDDuke Wrote:  There's no amount of practice that's going to help this team between now and next year. They had a week to practice for this game. Cancel a couple of these scholarships (we all know who they are) and hit the recruiting trail.

Wow, I completely disagree with this. Every bit of practice and NCAA ball is great for YoYo, McLean and the Serb. If Hall is able to play, I think that extra reps would do him a world of good also.
03-07-2015 05:28 PM
NH/JMU Saxkow Offline
1st String

(03-07-2015 05:23 PM)JMU13 Wrote:  I disagree with a lot of you.

We could use all the exposure we can get...ESPECIALLY if our head coach will be gone next year.

It means a lot to these HS kids who hear that the team was on tv a bunch of times vs not.

I would doubt most HS kids even know about the 2 lower tournaments. They are not on TV and receive very little media exposure. It's only there to help a coach tell recruits "I took my team to a post-season tournament". That doesn't work if the coach is let go after that tournament.
03-07-2015 05:42 PM
JMUPride Offline
1st String

(03-07-2015 05:42 PM)NH/JMU Saxkow Wrote:  I would doubt most HS kids even know about the 2 lower tournaments. They are not on TV and receive very little media exposure. It's only there to help a coach tell recruits "I took my team to a post-season tournament". That doesn't work if the coach is let go after that tournament.

how can you be a competitive high school/D1 basketball player and not be aware of the CBI/CIT? These kids can't be that dumb
03-07-2015 05:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.