Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Biggest Impact from a Freshman?
Bookmark and Share
yostsghost Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Which freshman will have the biggest immpact on the big ten this year? I will have bite my touge and say Mr Ted Ginn. I think Saint Treessel puts him right away in the return game. I watched him in Lemming's Army game and nobody could catch this guy. The problem was that he would fumble the ball for no apparent reason. If coach can teach him how to hold onto the ball, the bucks might have their own version of Sir Charles Woodson. 04-bow
06-24-2004 10:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Ginn was certainly the most heralded rookie and he will get PT because the Buckeyes need him right away.

Another guy that will be a big time player is Kyle Williams. I know Iowa has a great linebacker corps, but Williams will find a way to make an impact.
06-24-2004 11:26 AM
BuckeyeStu Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Ted Ginn Jr. won three gold medals at the Track and Field Nationals in Raleigh, NC. He is a beast that could very well start as a true freshman. He will have a huge impact I think.

[Image: ginn0511fong.jpg]
06-24-2004 12:51 PM
yostsghost Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Ted Ginn Jr. won three gold medals at the Track and Field Nationals in Raleigh, NC
He is one fast SOB, but recently in ohio at a national meet, Wolverine WR recruit Morgan Trent beat Ginn in the 200 and 100. Trent committed early and there was little mentioned about him. If Lloyd decides to keep him on the offensive side of the ball, there be memorable battles between the two. 03-wink
06-24-2004 01:19 PM
Advertisement

cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Big Ten Recruiting Rankings

Michigan and Ohio State have enjoyed life at the top of the Big Ten on the field in recent years, and the 2004 recruiting wars found the same two teams at the top of the list. Michigan edged out Ohio State for the top incoming freshman class in 2004, though both schools will enjoy this crop of athletes for the coming seaons.

Michigan and Ohio State have been jockeying for supremacy in the league recruiting wars for some time, and this year was no different. The Wolverines have long been known for their beef along the line of scrimmage, and Michigan signed around 10 prospects whose future projects in the trenches. Along the defensive line, remember the names Mike Massey, Will Johnson and Tim Jamison.

Offensively, Brett Gallimore, Alex Mitchell, Alan Branch and Jeremy Ciulla are all behemoths who know how to move defenders out of the way. Signal-caller Chad Henne, from historically quarterback-rich Pennsylvania, arrives in Ann Arbor with national acclaim and is a name to remember in the future.

The Buckeyes picked up perhaps the top cornerback prospect in the entire class in Ted Ginn Jr., who projects as an immediate contributor. Other standout defensive backs who jumped on board include Devon Lyons, Brandon Underwood and Shaun Lane. Ohio State coach Jim Tressel has to like the two tight ends he signed; both Rory Nicol and Chad Hoobler where coveted nationally. Lots of big, highly touted, offensive linemen are heading to Columbus. Kyle Mitchum, Ben Person, Steve Rehring and Jon Skinner will be counted on in the trenches to carry on the Buckeye tradition.

Every year, at least on prep star shocks the recruiting world with a reversal at the last minute. The surprise of 2004 belongs to quarterback Anthony Morelli, who had been committed to Pittsburgh for months but ended up signing with Joe Paterno and Penn State. Morelli, from Pittsburgh, was as highly touted a signal-caller as any in the nation and may just be the spark that Paterno needs to bring the luster back to State College. On the defensive side of the ball, Paterno landed numerous blue chippers, including linebacker Dan Conner, defensive tackle A.Q. Shipley, and defensive ends Tyrell Sales and Josh Gaines.

Hulking offensive tackle Roland Martin was easily the gem of the Michigan State class. He could be contributing in the fall. Spartan coach John L. Smith is known for having a high-powered offense, and signing quarterback Brian Hoyer should help the Spartans’ cause in the future. Hoyer, who has big-time ability, should prosper under Smith. Tight ends as Kellen Freeman-Davis and Craig McGovern are also attention grabbers.

Other Big Ten teams prospered in recruiting. Purdue signed several standouts on both sides of the ball, including quarterback David Ramirez, tailbacks Kory Sheets and Anthony Heygood, and defensive end Ryan Baker. Iowa signed linebacker Kyle Williams, who was one of the most highly rated players in the country. Defensive tackle Nick Hayden shunned most of the Midwest schools to sign with Wisconsin. Likewise for linebacker Sam Carson, who brings all-star credentials to Illinois.

A couple of other quarterbacks to watch for in the future are John Carlson and C.J. Bacher. Carlson inked with Minnesota and Bacher with Northwestern.
07-02-2004 02:16 PM
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Big Ten's Top 20 Incoming Freshmen
1. Ted Ginn Jr. DB 6'0" 175 Cleveland, OH Ohio State
2. Dan Conner LB 6'3" 220 Wallingford, PA Penn State
3. Anthony Morelli QB 6'4" 210 Pittsburgh, PA Penn State
4. Chad Henne QB 6'3" 215 Wyomissing, PA Michigan
5. Kyle Williams LB 6'2" 220 Bolingbrook, IL Iowa
6. Greg Harrison OL 6'5" 295 Shenandoah, PA Penn State
7. Roland Martin OL 6'6" 340 Chicago, IL Michigan State
8. Kyle Mitchum OL 6'6" 275 Erie, PA Ohio State
9. Adrian Arrington WR 6'2" 175 Cedar Rapids, IA Michigan
10. Will Johnson DL 6'4" 285 Oakland, MI Michigan
11. Doug Dutch WR 6'0" 190 Bowie, MD Michigan
12. Tim Jamison DL 6'3" 230 Riverdale, IL Michigan
13. Rory Nicol TE 6'5" 250 Beaver, PA Ohio State
14. Brett Gallimore OL 6'6" 605 Parville, MO Michigan
15. Marcus Freeman LB 6'3" 240 Huber Heights, OH Ohio State
16. Mike Massey TE 6'4" 216 Brecksville, OH Michigan
17. A.Q. Shipley DL 6'2" 275 Coraopolis, PA Penn State
18. Michael Hart RB 5'9" 285 Syracuse, NY Michigan
19. Albert Dukes WR 6'1" 180 Belle Glade, FL Ohio State
20. Sam Carson LB 6'2" 225 Downers Grove, IL Illinois
07-02-2004 02:17 PM
yostsghost Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Remeber the name Tim Jamison. He could be the best of the bunch. The guy cqan not be blocked 04-bow
07-06-2004 02:12 PM
Spartan05 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Jehuu Calulcrick! he will be half of what use to be a lacking running game but with him a threat of a Michigan State Running game will be there and he's only a Red Shirt Freshmen, he may even earn the starting spot becuz Sr. RB Cobb does his best work on Special Teams.
07-14-2004 01:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.