Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Finishing strong
Bookmark and Share
Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty & UK
Finishing strong
Signing day is only a few days away. Liberty needs to finish strong. Gill twitted that he was going out to visit some future Flames with a pic of the Liberty airplane. I would think they may leave one or two spots open in case a player falls in their lap at the last minute or an FBS transfer. Recruiting is really the game changer and with the help of social media it's great to be able to keep up with different players.

Recruiting in big time programs can be a dirty game. Just last week TN cut a kid loose because they had over signed. A 4* de. Must be nice to be able to let a 4* kid go. He has been committed for months.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
01-27-2015 12:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

4bidn Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: LU
RE: Finishing strong
Happens everywhere, including LU

doubt they really oversigned, they just found someone better and instead of telling the kid the truth that they no longer "think" he is good enough for the program, they feed them some bogus information to try and appease the situation, but the minute a kid decides to change his mind and want to leave, its all hell trying to get out of scholly.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2015 02:27 PM by 4bidn.)
01-27-2015 02:25 PM
Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

It's no different than a kid being committed to a school for months and flip on signing day. It happens both ways.

01-27-2015 02:28 PM
Advertisement

4bidn Offline
Bench Warmer

so then is the kid committed to the school or more than likely his coach, what happens when the coach who recruited him and wants him decides that he wants a higher paying job, he gets to up and leave right, just as he sat up in that kids house and told him and his parents how he was going to be there for the kid.
01-27-2015 02:43 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
(01-27-2015 02:43 PM)4bidn Wrote:  so then is the kid committed to the school or more than likely his coach, what happens when the coach who recruited him and wants him decides that he wants a higher paying job, he gets to up and leave right, just as he sat up in that kids house and told him and his parents how he was going to be there for the kid.
The consequence of not being both, truthful and honest with each other, is a dark side of the system. The larger problem is when a coach taints a school with a rules violation, leaves most times with his full compensation, while the school suffers the stigma, violation and penalty. The unfair and ironic situation is when a violating coach gets an equal or better position as he benefits from his misstep with no repercussions.

Verbal promises, both from a coach or athlete are always made for the benefit of one, not both. Kids changing their minds at the last moment happens. Teams actions like UT, of reneging on a scholarship, as stated in the previous example, just displays the "win at all cost" attitude present in many high level college programs. It's the ugly part of the system that we turn a blind eye towards to not taint our excitement and interest in the program, until it hits close to home and is our kid or someone else's close to us. Unfortunately, this will be a forgotten action soon.
01-27-2015 03:55 PM
Advertisement

Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

Coach Book was back in tx today. Hope we can pull one or two more from down there.

01-27-2015 04:29 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
Finishing strong
Reputation and tradition help in recruiting. We are building both. Things look good for LU as long as we are committed to doing it right.
01-27-2015 06:13 PM
Advertisement

GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
I hope we finish strong.

Oversigning is terrible. I can forgive an 18 year old kid who wants to get a major life decision correct. It is hard to forgive a 35+ year old coach who makes a promise and rescinds the offer at the last minute. I'd almost want to immediately sign up for the rival that will play against the school who just took away my scholarship. Hopefully Liberty doesn't find itself in those situations.
01-27-2015 10:07 PM
Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

Looks like we picked up a couple more verbals ladt night. One from TX and one from SC. I've not been able to find out who they are just yet.

01-28-2015 08:36 AM
Advertisement

4bidn Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-27-2015 10:07 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  I hope we finish strong.

Oversigning is terrible. I can forgive an 18 year old kid who wants to get a major life decision correct. It is hard to forgive a 35+ year old coach who makes a promise and rescinds the offer at the last minute. I'd almost want to immediately sign up for the rival that will play against the school who just took away my scholarship. Hopefully Liberty doesn't find itself in those situations.

LOL
01-28-2015 09:07 AM
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
(01-28-2015 09:07 AM)4bidn Wrote:  
(01-27-2015 10:07 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  I hope we finish strong.

LOL

Lots of love?
01-28-2015 05:56 PM
knucklehead Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
So far this class looks DB heavy. I'm betting we see another d lineman, a lb or 2, and a RB.
01-29-2015 08:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.