Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What is the average pay for FB head coaches in the Sun Belt?
Bookmark and Share
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
What is the average pay for FB head coaches in the Sun Belt?
I ask this because apparently we redid Fritz's contract after 1 year. He was at $400,000 last year and I am told we redid his 4 year contract to put him somewhere between 600 and 700 thou now. Assistants pay was increased also although I don't know by how much.

So let's say Fritz is now making $650,000 per year. Where does that put him in the pecking order in the Belt in terms of pay?
01-13-2015 11:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

boroeagle2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
RE: What is the average pay for FB head coaches in the Sun Belt?
http://sports.newsday.com/long-island/da...nference;|

Looks like he went from the bottom to the upper middle if these numbers are correct
01-13-2015 11:51 AM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
Do what now?

First I'm hearing of this.
01-13-2015 11:56 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I hope that is true!
01-13-2015 11:56 AM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I am not positive about the amount but I do know we have redone Fritz's contract. He has 4 years on it now and he did get a nice pay raise.
01-13-2015 12:14 PM
Advertisement

Louisiana99 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
That's awesome, coaches salaries, in my opinion is one if the biggest things that need to keep improving to help perception. That and facilities. If we keep paying our coaches better, they will only leave for P5 jobs. To be perceived better, we have to stop losing coaches to cusa, MAC, AAC. You also should have more consistent winners if you can hang on to good coaches.
01-13-2015 12:19 PM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

(01-13-2015 12:19 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  That's awesome, coaches salaries, in my opinion is one if the biggest things that need to keep improving to help perception. That and facilities. If we keep paying our coaches better, they will only leave for P5 jobs. To be perceived better, we have to stop losing coaches to cusa, MAC, AAC. You also should have more consistent winners if you can hang on to good coaches.

no doubt. I haven't seen anything official, but I hope this is true. No way we would keep him around for 4 years at $400k/yr. At least now, a $700k/yr salary won't be attractive to go to a mediocre program. Having that continuity in place with coaching is huge for any team.
01-13-2015 12:21 PM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

(01-13-2015 12:21 PM)NCeagle Wrote:  
(01-13-2015 12:19 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  That's awesome, coaches salaries, in my opinion is one if the biggest things that need to keep improving to help perception. That and facilities. If we keep paying our coaches better, they will only leave for P5 jobs. To be perceived better, we have to stop losing coaches to cusa, MAC, AAC. You also should have more consistent winners if you can hang on to good coaches.

no doubt. I haven't seen anything official, but I hope this is true. No way we would keep him around for 4 years at $400k/yr. At least now, a $700k/yr salary won't be attractive to go to a mediocre program. Having that continuity in place with coaching is huge for any team.

That raises the buyout as well. Buyout is the remaining term of the contract and it automatically renews to 4 years when he meets the APR and wins requirements. 4 years at 650k is $2.6 million.
01-13-2015 12:48 PM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

(01-13-2015 12:48 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  
(01-13-2015 12:21 PM)NCeagle Wrote:  

That raises the buyout as well. Buyout is the remaining term of the contract and it automatically renews to 4 years when he meets the APR and wins requirements. 4 years at 650k is $2.6 million.

good point. forgot about the buyout.
01-13-2015 12:50 PM
Advertisement

Louisiana99 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
Not sure how his contract is structured but generally a buyout is at it's highest in year 1 and drops each year after.
01-13-2015 12:56 PM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

If true I think it's a great move.
01-13-2015 01:10 PM
ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
(01-13-2015 12:56 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  Not sure how his contract is structured but generally a buyout is at it's highest in year 1 and drops each year after.

The 4 year contract he signed when hired rolls back to 4 years if the Eagles win X number of games and the football team meets a certain APR level. Both of these 2 were met this past fall so his contract extends back to 4 years. The buyout on his contract is the dollar amount remaining on his contract. The buyout would have went down if the contract would not have been extended by one year.
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2015 01:56 PM by ValleyBoy.)
01-13-2015 01:53 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
If Fritz is now at 650K that would put him 4th in the SBC Behind Hudspeth, Brown, and Anderson. I think it would also put him ahead of the entire MAC.
01-13-2015 01:55 PM
Advertisement

CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
After being at Alabama and A&M, Fran is pretty much set for life. I think he retires (for good) after TXST and money wasn't a particular concern.

I'm sure our next hire will require more $$
01-14-2015 01:01 PM
trojanbrutha Offline
Beltbbs Troy Football INsider

I Root For: TROY
(01-14-2015 01:01 PM)CatMom Wrote:  After being at Alabama and A&M, Fran is pretty much set for life. I think he retires (for good) after TXST and money wasn't a particular concern.

A Bulldog? He definitely wouldn't be set for life...04-cheers
01-14-2015 01:16 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
(01-14-2015 01:01 PM)CatMom Wrote:  After being at Alabama and A&M, Fran is pretty much set for life. I think he retires (for good) after TXST and money wasn't a particular concern.

Yup. That's one of the Fran perks, you get him for cheap Because he's still being paid by other schools.

Next one will be in the top quarter of Belt salaries.
01-14-2015 02:06 PM
USAJag2011 Offline
1st String

I Root For: South Alabama
I think it's safe to say he deserves to be paid among the top of the Sun Belt. If the man is winning, pay him, or someone else will.
01-14-2015 03:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.