Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Idaho Visits App State
Bookmark and Share
Rekdiver Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Appalachian
Idaho Visits App State
Okay everything in the season is history but this game. I see Idaho can put a few points on the board but defense is less than stellar. This is a trap game for us if we are not careful. Let's start the discussion.
11-24-2014 09:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrGonzo Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
RE: Idaho Visits App State
It seems like a classic trap game scenario, but I really don't have that gut feeling. I see us holding their offense in check and really lighting up the score board.

Saturday will be the exclamation point on one of the most remarkable seasons in App history.
11-24-2014 10:05 AM
asupatch Offline
2nd String

I Root For: APPY STATE!!
I think it is hard to have a trap game when you know you dont get to hit anyone with a different colored jersey for 9 more month. I think we will be ready.
11-24-2014 10:10 AM
AppMtneer08 Offline
2nd String

I believe that Satt and company will have the team ready to play. This the season as we can't count on a bowl game and we have to win to even be able to sniff that scenario
11-24-2014 11:21 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
I think Idaho wins by 10...

05-stirthepot
11-24-2014 11:24 AM
moehler Offline
1st String

the Idaho coach is going to have his hands full trying to get his team focused and ready to play, traveling across the country on Thanksgiving weekend, your a last place team, playing a team you have no history, and on Senior day, and its the last game of the season.....good luck. SS and the staff will not let the players forget to show up and play. They will be ready, probably give up some points, they have a decent passing game, but we should hang 40 on them.
11-24-2014 12:09 PM
Advertisement

hapapp Offline
Special Teams

(11-24-2014 12:09 PM)moehler Wrote:  the Idaho coach is going to have his hands full trying to get his team focused and ready to play, traveling across the country on Thanksgiving weekend, your a last place team, playing a team you have no history, and on Senior day, and its the last game of the season.....good luck. SS and the staff will not let the players forget to show up and play. They will be ready, probably give up some points, they have a decent passing game, but we should hang 40 on them.

Just think VMI. That's why they play the game. We find ourselves in the opposite position of the last two weeks when few gave us a chance at victory. We obviously are favored, but we will have to be prepared for an aerial assault.
11-24-2014 01:19 PM
nsavandal09 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: I-D-AHO!
This is a last game in a season everyone wants to end already.

We had our co-starting QB, and IMO the better of the 2 for now anyways leave the program due to PT concerns, so it will be the RS-Fr Linehan's start. We have a Chalich was a RS-Soph who seemed to fall behind the power curve to Linehan and we have a freshman redshirting who rumor has it could be the favorite to win the starting job next year. Kid has a cannon for an arm but his HS ran a wing offense so he only threw the ball like 9 times a game. Anyways Linehan has the higher ceiling but he has been in a pretty bad slump lately which could be related to the massive head shots he keeps taking the past few games. He's mobile but not exactly a run first type like Chalich was. We've had more success on the ground lately but it seems like whenever we go down by 2 scores the offense panics and tries to throw their way back into the game which hasn't worked. Our WR corps is decent, McCain will be a 1st team all conference player with a slight chance of getting AA honors.

Our back 7 on defense are absolutely horrible, but if the front 4 can get pressure it will make their lives easier.

If we come out and play like we did at SDSU 3 weeks ago we will win this game. If we come out like the Troy game we will get smoked. I think App St wins by 12.
11-24-2014 01:31 PM
SpeedkingATL Offline
Special Teams

Everything is in Apps favor going into the game: 5 game win streak, big win at ULL, playing at home, Idaho having to travel cross country on Thanksgiving and playing outdoors in Boone in November....this game shouldn't be that close. That said this is a different challenge for a very young team. Coach Satt and staff have to get these young guys focused on the Vandals, not on Turkey Day, not on their great win last weekend, and not on the press clippings from 5 straight victories. App should be able to control the game on the ground and put enough pressure on the Vandal QB to at least slow down their air attack. If App shows up in the right frame of mind, they should roll. If not, anything can happen. The Rock isn't the home field advantage it once was and App's Thanksgiving Weekend record wasn't very good the last few years in the FCS Playoffs (Maine/Ill St./Nova to name a few). App rolls if they get off to a good start; if not it could be a struggle.
11-24-2014 03:40 PM
bigCasu_ Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Appalachian St
(11-24-2014 12:09 PM)moehler Wrote:  the Idaho coach is going to have his hands full trying to get his team focused and ready to play, traveling across the country on Thanksgiving weekend, your a last place team, playing a team you have no history, and on Senior day, and its the last game of the season.....good luck. SS and the staff will not let the players forget to show up and play. They will be ready, probably give up some points, they have a decent passing game, but we should hang 40 on them.

And they have not played since the 15th.
11-24-2014 04:12 PM
appfan89 Offline
2nd String

Donators
(11-24-2014 11:24 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  I think Idaho wins by 10...

05-stirthepot

If that's the case then Idaho is #1 in the Power Rankings next week.
11-24-2014 04:13 PM
Advertisement

NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

(11-24-2014 04:13 PM)appfan89 Wrote:  
(11-24-2014 11:24 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  I think Idaho wins by 10...

05-stirthepot

If that's the case then Idaho is #1 in the Power Rankings next week.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

04-cheers
11-24-2014 04:15 PM
nsavandal09 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: I-D-AHO!
(11-24-2014 03:40 PM)SpeedkingATL Wrote:  Everything is in Apps favor going into the game: 5 game win streak, big win at ULL, playing at home, Idaho having to travel cross country on Thanksgiving and playing outdoors in Boone in November....this game shouldn't be that close. That said this is a different challenge for a very young team. Coach Satt and staff have to get these young guys focused on the Vandals, not on Turkey Day, not on their great win last weekend, and not on the press clippings from 5 straight victories. App should be able to control the game on the ground and put enough pressure on the Vandal QB to at least slow down their air attack. If App shows up in the right frame of mind, they should roll. If not, anything can happen. The Rock isn't the home field advantage it once was and App's Thanksgiving Weekend record wasn't very good the last few years in the FCS Playoffs (Maine/Ill St./Nova to name a few). App rolls if they get off to a good start; if not it could be a struggle.

Just to point out even though Idaho plays our games in the dome our main practice site is an outdoor field and temps have been about 15 degrees cooler in Moscow than in Boone. The travel will be far, but we're not some SEC team whose furthest road game is a 6 hour trip down the interstate. It will be our 2nd or 3rd longest trip of the season and we've already played 5 games in the eastern or central time zone plus a pretty far trip to SDSU under our belt. There are many reasons why we face an uphill battle but the temperature and travel shouldn't be a factor.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014 07:23 PM by nsavandal09.)
11-24-2014 07:16 PM
appsfan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(11-24-2014 07:16 PM)nsavandal09 Wrote:  
(11-24-2014 03:40 PM)SpeedkingATL Wrote:  Everything is in Apps favor going into the game: 5 game win streak, big win at ULL, playing at home, Idaho having to travel cross country on Thanksgiving and playing outdoors in Boone in November....this game shouldn't be that close. That said this is a different challenge for a very young team. Coach Satt and staff have to get these young guys focused on the Vandals, not on Turkey Day, not on their great win last weekend, and not on the press clippings from 5 straight victories. App should be able to control the game on the ground and put enough pressure on the Vandal QB to at least slow down their air attack. If App shows up in the right frame of mind, they should roll. If not, anything can happen. The Rock isn't the home field advantage it once was and App's Thanksgiving Weekend record wasn't very good the last few years in the FCS Playoffs (Maine/Ill St./Nova to name a few). App rolls if they get off to a good start; if not it could be a struggle.

Just to point out even though Idaho plays our games in the dome our main practice site is an outdoor field and temps have been about 15 degrees cooler in Moscow than in Boone. The travel will be far, but we're not some SEC team whose furthest road game is a 6 hour trip down the interstate. It will be our 2nd or 3rd longest trip of the season and we've already played 5 games in the eastern or central time zone plus a pretty far trip to SDSU under our belt. There are many reasons why we face an uphill battle but the temperature and travel shouldn't be a factor.

So, whose cold is colder? Moscow or Boone? 05-stirthepot

I agree that the temperature shouldn't be factor for Idaho. Your guys are out in the cold day in and day out. On top of that, your outdoor practices will have you well prepared. Are there any Vandals fans coming east?
11-24-2014 08:35 PM
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

I get the feeling this bunch of Mountaineers has a lot to prove and isn't about to lose focus on Idaho.

HapApp there were a lot of distractions going on in the background prior to that VM-1 game.
11-25-2014 08:43 AM
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

Early forecast for Saturday's 2 PM KO. Partly sunny, high of 46, light 7 mph winds and 0% chance of precipitation. Temps falling to around 41 by the end of the game with dry conditions the entire day. Congrats Vandals, looking like you guys lucked out and got a good weather day!
11-25-2014 08:54 AM
Advertisement

SpeedkingATL Offline
Special Teams

And how many of those long travel games did you win?? Travel does affect performance in many cases.04-chairshot
11-25-2014 10:01 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

(11-25-2014 10:01 AM)SpeedkingATL Wrote:  

And how many of those long travel games did you win?? Travel does affect performance in many cases.04-chairshot

this is true. Look what a 6 hour drive to Statesboro did to you guys this year. 05-stirthepot
11-25-2014 10:05 AM
hapapp Offline
Special Teams

(11-25-2014 10:05 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  
(11-25-2014 10:01 AM)SpeedkingATL Wrote:  

this is true. Look what a 6 hour drive to Statesboro did to you guys this year. 05-stirthepot

That night we could have traveled 15 minutes and the result would have been the same. 03-weeping
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2014 10:15 AM by hapapp.)
11-25-2014 10:14 AM
DrGonzo Offline
1st String

Good. We can get the win without the SBC folks saying it was only due to the weather.
11-25-2014 10:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.