UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

DJ Vinson to return next year
GoBlazers468 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB
DJ Vinson to return next year
Evidently, DJ got approved for a medical redshirt from his sophomore year and will play for the Blazers next year. Green Mamba!

http://instagram.com/p/u9XbHvhOI9/
11-03-2014 09:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

RE: DJ Vinson to return next year
Mamba #6
11-03-2014 10:09 PM
stc Offline
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong

I Root For: UAB!!!
That's really big news. We will be returning a heck of a running back tandem.
11-03-2014 10:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
Bad thing we lose some good receivers though but still some pretty decent ones come back to take their places
11-03-2014 10:16 PM
BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

We need one more running back. Flip Terelle West from MTSU to UAB.
11-03-2014 10:19 PM
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

(11-03-2014 10:16 PM)blazerwkr Wrote:  Bad thing we lose some good receivers though but still some pretty decent ones come back to take their places

Yeah, Perdue and some of those others ones will probably step up big. We have that Hawkins kid that transferred from Florida that is sitting out this year.......bet we sign a couple more good ones too.
11-03-2014 10:20 PM
Advertisement

Big Dee Offline
Banned

I Root For: The U, UaB
Sheesh we have like 4 guys wearing number 6.
11-03-2014 10:43 PM
stc Offline
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong

I Root For: UAB!!!
Staples will break out next year. McGee and Height also will see expanded roles.
11-03-2014 10:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
the Dragon Offline
Heisman

(11-03-2014 10:19 PM)BlazeNBham Wrote:  We need one more running back. Flip Terelle West from MTSU to UAB.

Or sign Jamarius Henderson.
11-04-2014 09:06 AM
Big Dee Offline
Banned

(11-04-2014 09:06 AM)the Dragon Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 10:19 PM)BlazeNBham Wrote:  We need one more running back. Flip Terelle West from MTSU to UAB.

Or sign Jamarius Henderson.

I think its a long shot now, would love to be wrong though.
11-04-2014 11:32 AM
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

(11-03-2014 09:45 PM)GoBlazers468 Wrote:  Evidently, DJ got approved for a medical redshirt from his sophomore year and will play for the Blazers next year. Green Mamba!

http://instagram.com/p/u9XbHvhOI9/

Awesome!
11-04-2014 11:33 AM
Advertisement

HSV_BLAZER Offline
Heisman

I Root For: #fireraywatts
RB will be a strength next year, especially since we return most of the O-line. Hopefully one of the incoming freshmen can step and be the third back.

WR loses two great playmakers in JJ and Drec, but I think Staples will step up and be the man next year. Plenty of experienced depth with Magee, Powell, Height, Lisa and Perdue.

TE is my real concern on offense. We're losing two good ones in Henderson and Backman, and Nolen was a good backup. Everett has been a surprise and should have a big senior year, but I'm not sure who will be the second one. I haven't seen Sappington on the field yet, and I don't know anything about Qua Boyd yet. It's the biggest question mark.
11-04-2014 11:57 AM
Big Dee Offline
Banned

(11-04-2014 11:57 AM)HSV_BLAZER Wrote:  RB will be a strength next year, especially since we return most of the O-line. Hopefully one of the incoming freshmen can step and be the third back.

WR loses two great playmakers in JJ and Drec, but I think Staples will step up and be the man next year. Plenty of experienced depth with Magee, Powell, Height, Lisa and Perdue.

TE is my real concern on offense. We're losing two good ones in Henderson and Backman, and Nolen was a good backup. Everett has been a surprise and should have a big senior year, but I'm not sure who will be the second one. I haven't seen Sappington on the field yet, and I don't know anything about Qua Boyd yet. It's the biggest question mark.

Maybe we go a little more 4wide, so we can spread some defenses?

Everett, R Morris, Boyd, and Sappington at TE. On Twitter Roscoe's younger brother committed to us he's QB/TE supposedly graduate in December. Ryan Barbour committed to us awhile ago he's a TE/OT type.
11-04-2014 12:19 PM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-04-2014 12:19 PM)Big Dee Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 11:57 AM)HSV_BLAZER Wrote:  RB will be a strength next year, especially since we return most of the O-line. Hopefully one of the incoming freshmen can step and be the third back.

Maybe we go a little more 4wide, so we can spread some defenses?

Everett, R Morris, Boyd, and Sappington at TE. On Twitter Roscoe's younger brother committed to us he's QB/TE supposedly graduate in December. Ryan Barbour committed to us awhile ago he's a TE/OT type.

Pretty sure HCBC said we had Everett for 3 years. Also, from video I've seen, Barbour is a big TE(6'5", 240+lbs) with really good hands and is a very good blocker. We may not be able to hold on to him...
11-04-2014 12:33 PM
HSV_BLAZER Offline
Heisman

Maybe 4 wide some of the time, but I don't think that fits with our power rushing mentality. More likely we just need someone to block like Henderson.
11-04-2014 12:36 PM
HSV_BLAZER Offline
Heisman

Hope you're right about Everett. I was just going by the roster on the UAB website.
11-04-2014 12:39 PM
Advertisement

Big Dee Offline
Banned

Everett is a Soph, he's here for two more years.
11-04-2014 01:25 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

This needs to happen.
11-04-2014 09:10 PM
Big Dee Offline
Banned

He's here got injured his hs senior year (Kirk). Vinson returning definitely helps, add these two freshmen and we're good. Our other freshmen are at Idaho and a Cali JuCo doing okay.
11-04-2014 11:42 PM
TPBlaze84 Offline
1st String

After seeing what T-West can do in high school, we HAVE to get him. It would be a huge shame to let him slip out of the Birmingham area. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some SEC offers later on in the process, but for now we can't let him go to a conference-mate.
11-05-2014 01:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.