Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Each Projected Bowl Eligible Teams Projected Record
Bookmark and Share
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
Each Projected Bowl Eligible Teams Projected Record
I did a little research and based on teamrankings.com and ESPN's FPI projections here are the projected bowl eligible teams for this year:

Conf. /Team/ Projected Record
Sun Belt
1. Georgia Southern 9-3* Only eligible under transition rules
2. Louisiana 8-4
3. Arkansas St 8-4
4. S. Alabama 7-5
5. Texas St 6-6
ACC
1. Florida St 11-1
2. Duke 10-2
3. Clemson 9-3
4. GA Tech 8-4
5. Louisville 8-4
6. Miami 7-5
7. VA Tech 6-6
8. Boston College 6-6
9. North Carolina 6-6
American
1. UCF 9-3
2. E. Carolina 9-3
3. Memphis 8-4
4. Houston 8-4
5. Cincinnati 7-5
6. Temple 7-5
Big 12
1. TCU 10-2
2. Baylor 10-2
3. Oklahoma 10-2
4. Kansas St 9-3
5. W. Virginia 8-4
6. Oklahoma St 6-6
Big 10
1. Ohio St 10-2
2. Nebraska 10-2
3. Michigan St 10-2
4. Wisconsin 9-3
5. Iowa 7-5
6. Penn St 7-5
7. Maryland 7-5
8. Minnesota 7-5
9. Northwestern 6-6
CUSA
1. Marshall 12-0
2. LA Tech 8-4
3. Middle Tenn 7-5
4. Rice 7-5
5. Tx El Paso 6-6
6. W. Kentucky 6-6
7. UAB 6-6
Independents
1. BYU 7-5
2. Navy 6-6
MAC
1. Toledo 8-4
2. N. Illinois 8-4
3. W. Michigan 8-4
4. Bowling Green 7-5
5. Akron 7-5
6. Cent. Michigan 7-5
MWC
1. Colorado St 10-2
2. Boise St 10-2
3. Nevada 8-4
4. Utah St 8-4
5. Air Force 7-5
6. San Diego St 7-5
Pac 12
1. Oregon 10-2
2. Arizona St 9-3
3. Arizona 9-3
4. Utah 8-4
5. UCLA 8-4
6. USC 8-4
7. Washington 7-5
8. Stanford 7-5
9. Oregon St 6-6
SEC
1. Georgia 10-2
2. Alabama 10-2
3. Miss St 10-2
4. Mississippi 10-2
5. Auburn 9-3
6. Missouri 8-4
7. LSU 8-4
8. Texas A&M 7-5
9. South Carolina 6-6
10. Florida 6-5
11. Tennessee 6-6

Although these are just projections both ESPN and teamrankings.com claim 95% accuracy in their per game projections. If these projections pan out their are exactly 76 Bowl eligible teams for this year's 38 Bowl games.
10-30-2014 09:14 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

boroeagle2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
RE: Each Projected Bowl Eligible Teams Projected Record
(10-30-2014 09:14 AM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  Although these are just projections both ESPN and teamrankings.com claim 95% accuracy in their per game projections. If these projections pan out their are exactly 76 Bowl eligible teams for this year's 38 Bowl games.

Meaning we are one of them?
10-30-2014 09:44 AM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
If I counted right that would include Ga. Southern as teh #76 team.
10-30-2014 09:49 AM
chiefsfan Online
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Those projections don't make a ton of sense. Texas State gets 6-6 by winning the games they are supposed to. Lafayette would have to lose on more and Arkansas State would lose one more to get there. That's possible, but of the team's most likely to do it, USA is only predicted to beat one of the two (If that) and Texas State is predicted to lose to Arkansas State. ULM is also projected to lose to ULL, because a Warhawk win that week makes them bowl eligible.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2014 09:52 AM by chiefsfan.)
10-30-2014 09:50 AM
All American

(10-30-2014 09:50 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Those projections don't make a ton of sense. Texas State gets 6-6 by winning the games they are supposed to. Lafayette would have to lose on more and Arkansas State would lose one more to get there. That's possible, but of the team's most likely to do it, USA is only predicted to beat one of the two (If that) and Texas State is predicted to lose to Arkansas State. ULM is also projected to lose to ULL, because a Warhawk win that week makes them bowl eligible.

Don't shoot the messenger I just compiled the list! But yeah I think a few games could swing the other way and we end with less than 76 or more than 76 teams eligible but as of today these are the projections.
10-30-2014 09:54 AM
All American

(10-30-2014 09:44 AM)boroeagle2 Wrote:  
(10-30-2014 09:14 AM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  Although these are just projections both ESPN and teamrankings.com claim 95% accuracy in their per game projections. If these projections pan out their are exactly 76 Bowl eligible teams for this year's 38 Bowl games.

Meaning we are one of them?

Yes the Eagles are projected to be in the field of 76!
10-30-2014 09:55 AM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Online

(10-30-2014 09:54 AM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  
(10-30-2014 09:50 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Those projections don't make a ton of sense. Texas State gets 6-6 by winning the games they are supposed to. Lafayette would have to lose on more and Arkansas State would lose one more to get there. That's possible, but of the team's most likely to do it, USA is only predicted to beat one of the two (If that) and Texas State is predicted to lose to Arkansas State. ULM is also projected to lose to ULL, because a Warhawk win that week makes them bowl eligible.

Don't shoot the messenger I just compiled the list! But yeah I think a few games could swing the other way and we end with less than 76 or more than 76 teams eligible but as of today these are the projections.

My point is how is such a list possible?

USA is 5-2, but they finish @ ULL, @ Ark State, vs Texas State, @ South Carolina, vs Navy. They have to win two of those games to get to 7-5.

ULL is 4-3, and finishes vs USA, @ NMSU, @ ULM, vs App, @ Troy. But ULM is not projected eligible, which menas the loss comes from somewhere else. I mean USA is possible, but

ASU is 4-3, and finishes @ Idaho, vs USA, vs App State, @ Texas State, vs NMSU. The numbers don't add up because Texas State cant be that loss because they would be better than 6-6 if they were.

The only way this works is by the following scenario:

ULL beats USA
USA beats ASU
App beats ULM
ULM beats ULL

Its not possible for the records to work out any other way if those 4 results do not happen on point.
10-30-2014 10:01 AM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I still don't think Ga. Southern gets to go bowling this year but at least the percent chance has probably increased from 0% to somewhere around 15%.

Hey, we have hope.
10-30-2014 10:09 AM
All American

(10-30-2014 10:01 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

USA is 5-2, but they finish @ ULL, @ Ark State, vs Texas State, @ South Carolina, vs Navy. They have to win two of those games to get to 7-5.

ULL is 4-3, and finishes vs USA, @ NMSU, @ ULM, vs App, @ Troy. But ULM is not projected eligible, which menas the loss comes from somewhere else. I mean USA is possible, but

ASU is 4-3, and finishes @ Idaho, vs USA, vs App State, @ Texas State, vs NMSU. The numbers don't add up because Texas State cant be that loss because they would be better than 6-6 if they were.

ULL beats USA
USA beats ASU
App beats ULM
ULM beats ULL

Its not possible for the records to work out any other way if those 4 results do not happen on point.

To be exact they both have S. Alabama winning 6+ games. teamrankings have them winning 6.7 and FPI have them winning 6.9 games. (I rounded up) But if you look at each individual game USA is only favored against Tex St but each show them have about a 40% chance of beating Navy and over a 30% chance of beating ULL or stAte so my guess is that the 6.7 or 6.9 wins factors in possible upsets.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2014 10:12 AM by Georgia_Power_Company.)
10-30-2014 10:11 AM
chiefsfan Online

(10-30-2014 10:11 AM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  

ULL beats USA
USA beats ASU
App beats ULM
ULM beats ULL

To be exact they both have S. Alabama winning 6+ games. teamrankings have them winning 6.7 and FPI have them winning 6.9 games. (I rounded up) But if you look at each individual game USA is only favored against Tex St but each show them have about a 40% chance of beating Navy and over a 30% chance of beating ULL or state so my guess is that the 6.7 or 6.9 wins factors in possible upsets.

Then how can a site claim 95 percent accuracy. If you predict the Jaguars with 6.7 wins and they win 7, does that make you wrong, if they win 6 does that make you wrong?
10-30-2014 10:13 AM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
(10-30-2014 10:13 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(10-30-2014 10:11 AM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  

ULL beats USA
USA beats ASU
App beats ULM
ULM beats ULL

To be exact they both have S. Alabama winning 6+ games. teamrankings have them winning 6.7 and FPI have them winning 6.9 games. (I rounded up) But if you look at each individual game USA is only favored against Tex St but each show them have about a 40% chance of beating Navy and over a 30% chance of beating ULL or state so my guess is that the 6.7 or 6.9 wins factors in possible upsets.

Then how can a site claim 95 percent accuracy. If you predict the Jaguars with 6.7 wins and they win 7, does that make you wrong, if they win 6 does that make you wrong?

The site chooses the criteria and that's how they get to 95%.
10-30-2014 10:15 AM
Advertisement

NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

the predictions aren't perfect, but the point of this shows that there is a chance that we could go bowling. It isn't as impossible as some of the UL fans claim it is.
10-30-2014 10:17 AM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(10-30-2014 10:17 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  the predictions aren't perfect, but the point of this shows that there is a chance that we could go bowling. It isn't as impossible as some of the UL fans claim it is.

Yeah because you have tons if years of experience of being a G5 getting screwed over by P5, if there is a will they will find a way. Even if there isn't a way they will find a way. This isn't playoffs, money comes way before merit. You aren't at the top anymore chief...you at the bottom of the crap bucket with the rest of us. There is nothing fair about the way they do things.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2014 11:40 AM by Louisiana99.)
10-30-2014 11:39 AM
CAJUNCOUNTRY Offline
Special Teams

(10-30-2014 10:17 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  the predictions aren't perfect, but the point of this shows that there is a chance that we could go bowling. It isn't as impossible as some of the UL fans claim it is.
Where did you get that UL fans say you are not going bowling although according to transition rules you are not eligible but if you get into a bowl game I all for it more money for each team in the conference providing you sell your allotted tickets, unless you to Hawaii or Idaho some place where we'd all lose money. Heck it doesn't matter to me either way all I'm concern with is winning out. Maybe you could get the NOB against us then we could sell it out and settle who's better on the field.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2014 12:10 PM by CAJUNCOUNTRY.)
10-30-2014 12:09 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(10-30-2014 10:09 AM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  I still don't think Ga. Southern gets to go bowling this year but at least the percent chance has probably increased from 0% to somewhere around 15%.

Hey, we have hope.

I think it's at least double that.

We have four busy Saturdays (plus weeknights) of football left, one moderately busy that will sort it all out. December 6 shouldn't be that critical unless there are a few AAC/B12 stragglers trying to get eligible. Where it gets crazy is if Navy is a win short heading into Army-Navy. It would be December 12 before we know what all is going to happen.

For example if we are at 76 or more eligible then someone probably has a conditional invite to the Poinsettia, Navy in if they win, other team is out if they lose and to make it uglier, the game is December 23.

If we are at 75 eligible odds are none of the eligibility exceptions ahead of 6-6 or better transitional are likely triggered. So you would have GaSo having to make conditional plans to go to San Diego or stay home depending on whether Navy wins or loses.

At 74 eligible heading into Army-Navy it gets cleaner if none of the other eligibility exceptions apply and GaSo is the only transitional at 6-6 or better. If that happens GaSo is placed already and Poinsettia is awaiting whether they get 6-6 Navy or have to pick from the 5-7 pool. There would be a pretty decent chance that Navy would be in the top five of the 5 win pool and thus eligible to go ahead and go to San Diego which is the easiest solution. If they aren't in the top 5 then San Diego has to give a conditional invite to a 5-7.
10-30-2014 12:11 PM
ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
What I am banking on is that Navy only has 4 wins going into there game with Army.

Navy remaining games. ND, Georgia Southern, South Alabama, and Army.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2014 12:21 PM by ValleyBoy.)
10-30-2014 12:21 PM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(10-30-2014 12:21 PM)ValleyBoy Wrote:  What I am banking on is that Navy only has 4 wins going into there game with Army.

Navy remaining games. ND, Georgia Southern, South Alabama, and Army.

Notre Dame should beat them.
They ain't throwing nothing at GaSo that is going to surprise the Eagles, it ought to be a slugfest.

GaSo takes care of bidness, ball's in USA's court and my biggest worry there is whether the Jags can produce enough offense.
10-30-2014 12:24 PM
chiefsfan Online

Ironically enough, Georgia Southern may determine their own bowl fate by whether or not they beat Navy in Annapolis.
10-30-2014 12:29 PM
CAJUNCOUNTRY Offline
Special Teams

To all the GaSo fans understand we will dog you out all season but expect the same in return but when it comes down to money heck I wish all the conference schools could go to a profitable bowl game. Just handle Navy on the field and put yourself in a position to go bowling just in case. Navy is not the game we need you to lose. LOL
10-30-2014 12:33 PM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

I'm in there with wanting gsu to get a bowl, the more we have the more money. Don't confuse what I think will happen and what I want to happen. I've seen the g5(particularly us) get screwed over by the p5 so many times I never have confidence in the right thing being done. As the guy above I hope Cajuns, StAte, Gsu and either txst or USA get a bowl. Maximize the money. For example a bowl in Indiana would take a 4-8 Purdue team over a 10-2 sunbelt team all day long if they can find a way to do it. It's just the way it is, they want butts in the seats and name recognition...that's all the bowls care about
10-30-2014 12:41 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.