5. James Madison
6. College of Charleston
7. Towson
8. Delaware
9. UNCW
10. Elon

2014-15 CAA MEN'S BASKETBALL PRESEASON ALL-CONFERENCE TEAMS
First Team Cl. Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown/Previous School

Scott Eatherton, Northeastern# Sr. F 6-8 219 Hershey, Pa./Hershey/St. Francis (Pa.)
Juan'ya Green, Hofstra Jr. G 6-2 195 Philadelphia, Pa./Archbishop Carroll/Niagara
Damion Lee, Drexel Jr. G 6-6 200 Baltimore, Md./Calvert Hall/St. Thomas More
Andre Nation, James Madison^ Jr. G 6-5 200 Plant City, Fla./Faith Baptist Christian
Marcus Thornton, William & Mary* Sr. G 6-4 185 Upper Marlboro, Md./Bishop McNamara

Second Team Cl. Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown/Previous School
Adjehi Baru, College of Charleston Sr. F 6-9 225 Abidjan, Ivory Coast/The Steward School
Quincy Ford, Northeastern Jr. F/G 6-8 212 St. Petersburg, Fla./Gibbs
Dion Nesmith, Hofstra^ Gr. G 6-1 215 Union, N.J./Union/Monmouth
Omar Prewitt, William & Mary So. G/F 6-6 180 Mount Sterling, Ky./Montgomery County
Cedrick Williams, UNCW Sr. F 6-9 225 Murfreesboro, Tenn./Siegel

CAA Preseason Player of the Year: Marcus Thornton, William & Mary

Honorable Mention: Tavon Allen, Jr., G, Drexel; Kyle Anderson, Sr., G, Delaware; Ron Curry, Jr., G, James Madison; David Walker, Jr., G, Northeastern
10-21-2014 10:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wml33t Online
1st String

I Root For: William and Mar
RE: CAA Media Day News
Good to have a separate thread for this.

First - well deserved awards for Marcus and Omar. I don't think there was any doubt that Marcus would be Pre-Season PotY, but nice to see it.

Second - I find it a bit baffling that Andre Nation is on the 1st team knowing about his situation.
10-21-2014 10:05 AM
hktribefan Offline
1st String

I Root For: William & Mary
I wonder if votes were submitted a few weeks ago before the news came out.
10-21-2014 10:06 AM
Advertisement

tribe_pride Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M
Look what the Daily Press reporter did with Nation. Pretty funny

https://twitter.com/FairbankDP/status/52...7320378368
10-21-2014 10:31 AM
nj alum Offline
Petulant

I Root For: william & mary
This should put to rest all of the negative postings over the past few years about the abilities of the men's head basketball coach.
10-21-2014 12:54 PM
Advertisement

nogretheogre Offline
Lord of Bots & Tots

10-21-2014 03:27 PM
tribe_pride Offline
1st String

According to the JMU board, suspensions announced today.

5 games for Nation, 2 for TV. Supposedly Nation has a zero tolerance policy hanging over his head. One wrong move and he's done.

This is why Nation can be preseason 1st team. Will be eligible for all CAA games (as of now)
10-21-2014 09:27 PM
Advertisement

wanm65 Offline
Special Teams

(10-21-2014 09:27 PM)tribe_pride Wrote:  According to the JMU board, suspensions announced today.

5 games for Nation, 2 for TV. Supposedly Nation has a zero tolerance policy hanging over his head. One wrong move and he's done.

This is why Nation can be preseason 1st team. Will be eligible for all CAA games (as of now)

Isn't it wonderful the high standards JMU holds it athletes to 01-wingedeagle
10-22-2014 09:06 AM
billymac Offline
Heisman

Looks like 11 TV broadcasts for the Tribe this season.

The William and Mary men’s basketball team will have 11 games televised during the 2014-15 campaign, including half of its Colonial Athletic Association slate, the league announced at its annual media day at the The Center Club on Tuesday. The Green and Gold’s nine CAA TV broadcasts are the most in the league and three of the games will be broadcast nationally on NBC Sports Network, including a pair at home.

Three of the national NBCSN broadcasts will include the Tribe, and a pair will be played in Kaplan Arena. The Green and Gold’s home contest with Northeastern at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 24, and the CAA Championship game rematch with Delaware at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 14, will both be available on NBCSN. W&M’s lone road NBC Sports Network game will be at Hofstra on Sunday, Feb. 22, at 4:30 p.m. The NBCSN broadcast lineup once again includes both the CAA semifinals and championship game.

Four Tribe games will be televised on the Comcast family of Networks. Home games with the College of Charleston on Saturday, Jan. 3, and against Drexel on Saturday, Feb. 28, will be broadcast on Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic and New England. The CofC contest will also be available on The Comcast Network Philadelphia, while the Drexel game can be seen on Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia. Both games from Kaplan Arena carry a 2 p.m. start time.

Tribe road tilts with Towson on Saturday, Jan. 17, at noon and at James Madison on Saturday, Jan. 31, at 4 p.m., will be televised on Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic and New England. The Towson game can be seen on Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, while the JMU contest is on The Comcast Network Philadelphia.

The Tribe will have two of its CAA road games broadcast regionally on the American Sports Network (ASN). W&M’s trips to Elon on Thursday, Jan. 8, and to UNCW on Saturday, Feb. 7, will be broadcast on ASN. Both games carry 8 p.m. tip times.

Along with the league games, the Tribe’s non-conference road games at Florida and North Carolina will be televised nationally. W&M’s season opener against No. 7 Florida in Gainesville carries at 6 p.m. tip and will be broadcast on the SEC Network. The game at UNC on Tuesday, Dec. 30, will be televised on ACC Regional Network with a 7 p.m. tip-off.

Of course, all home games not selected for TV, will be broadcast on tribeathletics.com .
10-22-2014 04:18 PM
Advertisement

nogretheogre Offline
Lord of Bots & Tots

Anyone know if comcast has an app to watch live games? No cable, but have been successful w espnlive and nbclive apps
10-22-2014 08:10 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

(10-22-2014 04:18 PM)billymac Wrote:  Of course, all home games not selected for TV, will be broadcast on tribeathletics.com .

Also it's my understanding that all away non TV games will be broadcast on CAA.TV. I think there are only three or four games this season that won't be available to watch.
10-22-2014 09:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.