Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Expansion rumors heating up again?
Bookmark and Share
augustis13 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: georgia state
Expansion rumors heating up again?
It could just all be internet bs but suddenly there is a lot of talk about B12 and B10 expansion as teams start to fear being left out of the playoff picture because they either don't have a championship game or in the B10s situation they just don't have any powerful teams and they have been beat up in out of conference p5 games....

If there is any truth, how well is the Belt prepared to deal with the trickle down effect that always leaves us grasping for solutions? I hope the powers that be have a plan in place so we are not stuck with 8 or 9 teams again..And if there is poaching, who do you think are the most likely Sunbelt targets?
10-07-2014 09:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: Expansion rumors heating up again?
I predict we gain Liberty, Kennesaw State, Lamar, UMass, and Idaho State.
10-07-2014 09:27 AM
Mbruuner Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TROY & Sun Belt
(10-07-2014 09:27 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  I predict we gain Liberty, Kennesaw State, Lamar, UMass, and Idaho State.

If that happens again it will be a massive struggle. stAte & ULL will surely bolt. With Ga southern & ASU waitn in the wings. Ga State not far behind.

Liberty?...blah. As a social liberal LU, is too Administratively divisive for my taste. Kenn State, don't much about them. Would like to see mizzou state lean forward & join in. UMass & Lamar would compete nicely.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2014 09:38 AM by Mbruuner.)
10-07-2014 09:36 AM
DoubleAggie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(10-07-2014 09:36 AM)Mbruuner Wrote:  
(10-07-2014 09:27 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  I predict we gain Liberty, Kennesaw State, Lamar, UMass, and Idaho State.

If that happens again it will be a massive struggle. stAte & ULL will surely bolt. With Ga southern & ASU waitn in the wings. Ga State not far behind.

Liberty?...blah. As a social liberal LU, is too Administratively divisive for my taste. Kenn State, don't much about them. Would like to see mizzou state lean forward & join in. UMass & Lamar would compete nicely.

I think this was toungue-in-cheek humour from our fine friends in the Ozarks.
10-07-2014 09:42 AM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
[Image: rocket-launch-o.gif]
10-07-2014 09:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
Big 12 won't expand until TV deal is up. Too much money
10-07-2014 09:46 AM
Advertisement

JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(10-07-2014 09:20 AM)augustis13 Wrote:  It could just all be internet bs but suddenly there is a lot of talk about B12 and B10 expansion as teams start to fear being left out of the playoff picture because they either don't have a championship game or in the B10s situation they just don't have any powerful teams and they have been beat up in out of conference p5 games....

If there is any truth, how well is the Belt prepared to deal with the trickle down effect that always leaves us grasping for solutions? I hope the powers that be have a plan in place so we are not stuck with 8 or 9 teams again..And if there is poaching, who do you think are the most likely Sunbelt targets?

Please, nnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
10-07-2014 09:49 AM
Mbruuner Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TROY & Sun Belt
(10-07-2014 09:49 AM)JoeJag Wrote:  
(10-07-2014 09:20 AM)augustis13 Wrote:  It could just all be internet bs but suddenly there is a lot of talk about B12 and B10 expansion as teams start to fear being left out of the playoff picture because they either don't have a championship game or in the B10s situation they just don't have any powerful teams and they have been beat up in out of conference p5 games....

Please, nnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Agreed!!
10-07-2014 09:54 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
the Sun Belt will invite Wofford, Furman, Elon, and Samford, making Sun Belt the SoCon v2.0. lol
10-07-2014 10:03 AM
Panthersville Offline
1st String

I Root For: Georgia State
(10-07-2014 09:46 AM)slycat Wrote:  Big 12 won't expand until TV deal is up. Too much money

All depends on what the selection committee does.
10-07-2014 10:12 AM
Hail The Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
03-zzz
10-07-2014 10:14 AM
Advertisement

augustis13 Offline
Water Engineer

The reality of not getting in the playoffs for the B12 and Big10 is setting in and fueling the talk..Its looking more and more likely the SEC might get 2 in, Florida St is undefeated with their toughest game behind them, and that leaves 1 spot for the PAC and 2 bigs. Since Oregon already beat down the likely Big 10 champ and a Big 12 team has to go undefeated to get consideration they are feeling the squeeze.. In this scenario the bigs are no better off than a g5 conference in terms of being able to win it all..The Big 12 needs a championship game for the extra push it might give and the Big 10 needs another good program.. The likes of Rutgers and Maryland don't help them at all in conference strength..
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2014 11:04 AM by augustis13.)
10-07-2014 11:02 AM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

Re: RE: Expansion rumors heating up again?
(10-07-2014 11:02 AM)augustis13 Wrote:  The reality of not getting in the playoffs for the B12 and Big10 is setting in and fueling the talk..Its looking more and more likely the SEC might get 2 in, Florida St is undefeated with their toughest game behind them, and that leaves 1 spot for the PAC and 2 bigs. Since Oregon already beat down the likely Big 10 champ and a Big 12 team has to go undefeated to get consideration they are feeling the squeeze.. In this scenario the bigs are no better off than a g5 conference in terms of being able to win it all..The Big 12 needs a championship game for the extra push it might give and the Big 10 needs another good program.. The likes of Rutgers and Maryland don't help them at all in conference strength..
This is an issue of the playoff being flawed...not expansion or realignment.

Make the playoff 10 conference champs and 2 wild cards, let the committee do seeding, and college football becomes healthy again.
10-07-2014 11:09 AM
DoubleAggie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(10-07-2014 11:09 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(10-07-2014 11:02 AM)augustis13 Wrote:  The reality of not getting in the playoffs for the B12 and Big10 is setting in and fueling the talk..Its looking more and more likely the SEC might get 2 in, Florida St is undefeated with their toughest game behind them, and that leaves 1 spot for the PAC and 2 bigs. Since Oregon already beat down the likely Big 10 champ and a Big 12 team has to go undefeated to get consideration they are feeling the squeeze.. In this scenario the bigs are no better off than a g5 conference in terms of being able to win it all..The Big 12 needs a championship game for the extra push it might give and the Big 10 needs another good program.. The likes of Rutgers and Maryland don't help them at all in conference strength..

Make the playoff 10 conference champs and 2 wild cards, let the committee do seeding, and college football becomes healthy again.

May be momentum for this, looking like the 'committee' selection is going to be a train wreck.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2014 11:12 AM by DoubleAggie.)
10-07-2014 11:11 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(10-07-2014 09:36 AM)Mbruuner Wrote:  

Relax. We're not bolting. Not worth the expense.
10-07-2014 11:12 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

10 conference champs, plus 6 at large bids.
10-07-2014 11:13 AM
Advertisement

ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

Re: RE: Expansion rumors heating up again?
(10-07-2014 11:11 AM)DoubleAggie Wrote:  

May be momentum for this, looking like the 'committee' selection is going to be a train wreck.
It's logical and healthy.

But the powers that be will never allow it.

If they had their way the playoff would be Notre Dame versus Ohio State every year.
10-07-2014 11:15 AM
augustis13 Offline
Water Engineer

maybe so, much of the speculation is centered around Oklahoma. Their fan base is pissed at losing to TCU and their administration is fed up with Texas deciding what is best for the entire conference.. And the Big 10 would love to add them...As would the SEC or the PAC..You have to wonder, if the Big 12 lost OK and OKst if they could even remain a P5 conference...
10-07-2014 11:22 AM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(10-07-2014 10:14 AM)The Black Flag Wrote:  03-zzz

Agreed
10-07-2014 11:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

(10-07-2014 11:15 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  If they had their way the playoff would be Notre Dame versus Ohio State every year.

03-lmfao03-lmfao

repped
10-07-2014 11:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.