Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Latte Salute
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
The Latte Salute
Fox News has lost its collective mind. Again. Wednesday was a big news day. President Obama gave a speech to the UN General Assembly with the goal of building a coalition to fight ISIS. Later, the president chaired a session of the UN Security Council, seeking approval for his plan to bomb terrorist targets in Syria. It worked; the Security Council voted to approve the president’s plan and Arab states that have been previously been reluctant to join in military action in other Arab states joined the U.S. and other Western allies by flying bombing sorties over Syria.

So, what’s the top story over at the GOP propaganda ministry, aka Fox News? A salute.

The White House uploaded a video to Instagram of the president disembarking from Marine One on his way to address the UN. As he comes down the stairs he returns the salute of the two Marines flanking the stairs. Pretty innocuous stuff. Unless you’re Allen West. Shortly after the video was posted, Michele Hickford, the editor-in-chief of West’s little corner of crazy on the Internet wrote: “If there was ever any doubt how this Commander in Chief really feels in his heart about our men and women in uniform, this should seal the deal. We have warriors engaged in harm’s way, and he does THIS? The latte salute. And he has the nerve to publish it on his Instagram account. Disgraceful.”

http://www.salon.com/2014/09/25/fox_news...e_machine/
09-25-2014 03:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
RE: The Latte Salute
but this:
[Image: Bush_dog_salute.jpg]
is just fine...
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2014 03:56 PM by UofMemphis.)
09-25-2014 03:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
I've had Fox News on in the background at the office all day; to call this their "top story" is a joke.

Another worthless thread by Fit.
09-25-2014 04:07 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
(09-25-2014 03:56 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  but this:
is just fine...

Nice try homo...

While controversy is brewing over President Barack Obama's "Latte Salute," arguments are starting over whether it compares to his predecessor's awkward dog-holding salute.

Back in 2001, then-President George W. Bush was roundly criticized for saluting officers while holding his Scottish terrier, Barney, reports Time magazine.

"The dodge didn't last 10 minutes, and ended up revealing a lot more about liberals' lack of appreciation for military culture than it did to excuse Obama's conduct," complained Breitbart's John Hayward in an opinion piece. "For starters, you don't have to know anything about military protocol to see that holding a live animal is rather different than strolling past the Marines with a Styrofoam cup of coffee in your hands."

Further, he said Bush rendered his salute correctly and was "clearly making a real effort to show proper respect."
09-25-2014 04:10 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

Obama's left hand was CLEARLY occupied to the point that he couldn't swap hands. Lefties and their mental retardation.

[Image: bush_obama_salutes.JPG]
09-25-2014 04:12 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
In my eyes, both Bush and Obama are 100% wrong, and pure common sense and respect, for the troops, would've avoided both situations. I realize you stupid ass civi's see nothing wrong with this. But this is just another slap in the face of veterans that served in the military...

09-25-2014 04:14 PM
Advertisement

LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(09-25-2014 04:14 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  In my eyes, both Bush and Obama are 100% wrong, and pure common sense and respect, for the troops, would've avoided both situations. I realize you stupid ass civi's see nothing wrong with this. But this is just another slap in the face of veterans that served in the military...

It's their hypocrisy to piss about Bush but not obama.
09-25-2014 04:18 PM
UofMemphis Away

Donators
(09-25-2014 04:10 PM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  
is just fine...

Nice try homo...

While controversy is brewing over President Barack Obama's "Latte Salute," arguments are starting over whether it compares to his predecessor's awkward dog-holding salute.

Back in 2001, then-President George W. Bush was roundly criticized for saluting officers while holding his Scottish terrier, Barney, reports Time magazine.

"The dodge didn't last 10 minutes, and ended up revealing a lot more about liberals' lack of appreciation for military culture than it did to excuse Obama's conduct," complained Breitbart's John Hayward in an opinion piece. "For starters, you don't have to know anything about military protocol to see that holding a live animal is rather different than strolling past the Marines with a Styrofoam cup of coffee in your hands."

Further, he said Bush rendered his salute correctly and was "clearly making a real effort to show proper respect."

03-lmfao excuses, excuses...

the black guy does it, and everyone at Fox freaks out...Karl Rove seemed absolutely obsessed with the issue.
09-25-2014 04:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
(09-25-2014 04:18 PM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  
(09-25-2014 04:14 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  In my eyes, both Bush and Obama are 100% wrong, and pure common sense and respect, for the troops, would've avoided both situations. I realize you stupid ass civi's see nothing wrong with this. But this is just another slap in the face of veterans that served in the military...

It's their hypocrisy to piss about Bush but not obama.

Just goes to show you the right's hypocrisy to defend Bush but attack Obama. Both individual situations shows the pure polarization of this country. I just have the balls to say f*ck em both.
09-25-2014 04:22 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!

Are you a veteran...or active duty?

If so, I'm curious. Are salutes supposed to be rendered if you don't have your lid on?
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2014 04:24 PM by Redwingtom.)
09-25-2014 04:23 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(09-25-2014 04:21 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  

is just fine...

Nice try homo...

the black guy does it, and everyone at Fox freaks out...Karl Rove seemed absolutely obsessed with the issue.

I didn't write the article. It came from someone that was already tired of hearing the tards compare the salute to Bush.
09-25-2014 04:25 PM
Advertisement

LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(09-25-2014 04:23 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

If so, I'm curious. Are salutes supposed to be rendered if you don't have your lid on?

They're not mandatory, just respectful. Reagan started the military saluting if I'm not mistaken.
09-25-2014 04:26 PM
UofMemphis Away

Donators

yeah, I don't think the military are some sort of magic people who should be worshiped...I believe they are paid for what they do, and I treat members of the military with the respect and dignity due any human being.

a slap to the face of veterans would be if he walked up to a vet and slapped them in the face...this is much ado about nothing.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2014 04:28 PM by UofMemphis.)
09-25-2014 04:26 PM
UofMemphis Away

Donators
(09-25-2014 04:25 PM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  
(09-25-2014 04:21 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  

is just fine...

Nice try homo...

I didn't write the article. It came from someone that was already tired of hearing the tards compare the salute to Bush.

where did I say you did?
09-25-2014 04:27 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(09-25-2014 04:27 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  where did I say you did?

Right there...... ^ ^ ^ ^
09-25-2014 04:29 PM
Doctor Krieger Offline
1st String

I Root For: :)
is just fine...

Nice try homo...

He didn't have to carry the dog, did he? IMO it's the same situation as this coffee thing. It just further proves how extremists on either side get riled up over the exact same stuff when the other side is in the oval office. PARTISANSHIP!
09-25-2014 04:29 PM
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
(09-25-2014 04:23 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Yes I'm a veteran, I believe it's been duly noted on here quote a few times, even when I was on active duty.

Honestly, no you don't have to salute when you're not wearing a cover. And since the President is a civi, he really doesn't have to salute. It's merely a tradition; however, if you're going to salute, don't be have assed about it. How much hell would there be in the media if a soldier gave a half assed salute to the CIC?

In both cases, it's not that difficult to have someone else hold your pooch and it's not that difficult to have a coffee mug in the other hand.
09-25-2014 04:31 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(09-25-2014 04:29 PM)Doctor Krieger Wrote:  He didn't have to carry the dog, did he? IMO it's the same situation as this coffee thing. It just further proves how extremists on either side get riled up over the exact same stuff when the other side is in the oval office. PARTISANSHIP!

I don't know if he did or not, was he exiting or entering a vehicle where he knew he'd have to salute? I'm not making excuses, but if we're going to critique, obamba had a cup of coffee in his right hand with his other hand free.
UofMemphis Away

Donators
(09-25-2014 04:29 PM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  
(09-25-2014 04:27 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  where did I say you did?

Right there...... ^ ^ ^ ^

so you were responding to something I had not said yet?

[Image: 1365330965_crystal-ball.jpg]

what else does your crystal ball say, soothsayer?
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
(09-25-2014 04:26 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  

yeah, I don't think the military are some sort of magic people who should be worshiped...I believe they are paid for what they do, and I treat members of the military with the respect and dignity due any human being.

a slap to the face of veterans would be if he walked up to a vet and slapped them in the face...this is much ado about nothing.

And hence to what I said, you stupid ass civis don't get it.
09-25-2014 04:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.