Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Insulted AGAIN! Thanks CBS Sports
Bookmark and Share
gasoutherneagle Offline
2nd String

I Root For: REALLY?!?!
So I'm relaxing in bed watching Inside College Football on CBSSN. These arseholes were just talking about U of Washington struggling in the first half against "GEORGIA SOUTHERN!" ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME!?!? So now, not only is State getting credit for OUR victories, but WE are getting noticed for their beat downs! DAMMIT!

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
09-23-2014 11:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
RE: Insulted AGAIN! Thanks CBS Sports
Change your name. Suggest First University for obvious reasons.
09-23-2014 11:14 PM
gasoutherneagle Offline
2nd String

I Root For: REALLY?!?!
(09-23-2014 11:14 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Change your name. Suggest First University for obvious reasons.

Why should WE change?

WE WIN, they don't.

09-23-2014 11:43 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
Ga State will win the CFP before we change our name, and a plague to the idiots who think we should change it to University of Georgia Southern (UGS). What are they smoking? That would be like changing University of Georgia to Georgia University or Georgia Tech to The Technological Institute of Georgia. I think Ga State should just change their name to Metro Atlanta Commuters College or Night School University.
09-23-2014 11:59 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
Its just college sports and welcome to the G5. 07-coffee3

09-24-2014 05:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
(09-24-2014 05:34 AM)panama Wrote:  Its just college sports and welcome to the G5. 07-coffee3

This.

Also, its a game vs Washington, so really that region will be the one to talk about it.
09-24-2014 06:34 AM
Advertisement

Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
I disagree. The employees at CBS likely consider themselves the best in the business. Be professional and get it right.
09-24-2014 07:24 AM
Eagleditka Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS Eagles
It's like Office Space with Michael Bolton. Why should we change our name when they're the ones who suck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-24-2014 07:28 AM
The4thOption Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(09-23-2014 11:59 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  Ga State will win the CFP before we change our name, and a plague to the idiots who think we should change it to University of Georgia Southern (UGS). What are they smoking? That would be like changing University of Georgia to Georgia University or Georgia Tech to The Technological Institute of Georgia. I think Ga State should just change their name to Metro Atlanta Commuters College or Night School University.

Agreed. This is why my hate of State began. The glass is always going to be half empty with those guys for us.

And yes, they should change. Since only about 17 people outside of metro Atlanta have ever heard of them anyway, it would have less impact on their program. And MIGHT even be good for them to get away from their losing past, since they really do seem to have turned a corner on offense. I do expect them to win some games this year. And honestly, I'm starting to be concerned a little as they keep putting points on the board.

Two questions: How good is their offense now? And Just how good/bad is ACU?
09-24-2014 08:05 AM
The4thOption Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(09-24-2014 07:28 AM)Eagleditka Wrote:  It's like Office Space with Michael Bolton. Why should we change our name when they're the ones who suck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love that movie... "Ok, but but but.. I'll burn the building down"
09-24-2014 08:06 AM
StanMolsonMan Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
You do know that colleges are known for things other than football... Anyway just going to leave this here...

Ensuing decades found more name and mission changes: to Georgia Teachers College in 1939 and Georgia Southern College in 1959. The university continued program and physical expansion. The institution would experience probably its biggest change in identity in 1990 when it became known as Georgia Southern University.

The school was later removed from the University of Georgia in 1955 and became the "Georgia State College of Business Administration." In 1961, other programs at the school had grown large enough that the name was shortened to "Georgia State College." It became Georgia State University in 1969.

[Image: giphy.gif]
09-24-2014 08:43 AM
Advertisement

soar#417 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GaSo
(09-24-2014 08:43 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  You do know that colleges are known for things other than football... Anyway just going to leave this here...

Ensuing decades found more name and mission changes: to Georgia Teachers College in 1939 and Georgia Southern College in 1959. The university continued program and physical expansion. The institution would experience probably its biggest change in identity in 1990 when it became known as Georgia Southern University.

The school was later removed from the University of Georgia in 1955 and became the "Georgia State College of Business Administration." In 1961, other programs at the school had grown large enough that the name was shortened to "Georgia State College." It became Georgia State University in 1969.

I'm new so be gentle, but if i'm reading correctly this isn't about a GSU/GSU thing this is about the interpretation of those letters...if you're talking about Georgia Southern and you meant to talk about Georgia State or the other way around it makes your journalism less viable. Get the facts right, its awkward when you go to Washington's schedule and see that Georgia STATE played them this year not Southern. It should be an insult to both schools....but thats just me
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2014 08:54 AM by soar#417.)
09-24-2014 08:51 AM
Wonmoretime Offline
Bench Warmer

This is why I want nothing to do with that silly "real" GSU thing. Since they have absolutely besotted that name beyond repair, let them have it. And besides I think the GS looks much better anyway.
09-24-2014 08:52 AM
Panthersville Offline
1st String

I Root For: Georgia State
(09-24-2014 06:34 AM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  
(09-24-2014 05:34 AM)panama Wrote:  Its just college sports and welcome to the G5. 07-coffee3

This.

Also, its a game vs Washington, so really that region will be the one to talk about it.

....but, but, but...EVERYBODY knows of the dominance of GaSo!! EVERYBODY knows of the legend of Erk Russel!! NOBODY would ever confuse a team with six national titles with a team with five wins in the last four seasons!!!!

GaSo should have been USG from the beginning, and now they are paying for their prideful arrogance, copying the initials of a larger school that had the initials decades before GaSo.
09-24-2014 09:12 AM
Panthersville Offline
1st String

I Root For: Georgia State
(09-24-2014 08:51 AM)soar#417 Wrote:  
(09-24-2014 08:43 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  You do know that colleges are known for things other than football... Anyway just going to leave this here...

I'm new so be gentle, but if i'm reading correctly this isn't about a GSU/GSU thing this is about the interpretation of those letters...if you're talking about Georgia Southern and you meant to talk about Georgia State or the other way around it makes your journalism less viable. Get the facts right, its awkward when you go to Washington's schedule and see that Georgia STATE played them this year not Southern. It should be an insult to both schools....but thats just me

First paragraph is about GaSo, second paragraph is about GSU. Not that hard to figure out.
09-24-2014 09:14 AM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State

Hit the nail on the head. Seriously. The G5 and even smaller P5s have these sort of mistakes happen all the time. Best not to worry too much.
09-24-2014 09:22 AM
Advertisement

soar#417 Offline
Bench Warmer

First paragraph is about GaSo, second paragraph is about GSU. Not that hard to figure out.
[/quote]

Oh thanks I didn't get that...hmm i think this is my second and last post on this site.
09-24-2014 09:48 AM
bladhmadh Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(09-24-2014 09:12 AM)Panthersville Wrote:  
(09-24-2014 06:34 AM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  

This.

....but, but, but...EVERYBODY knows of the dominance of GaSo!! EVERYBODY knows of the legend of Erk Russel!! NOBODY would ever confuse a team with six national titles with a team with five wins in the last four seasons!!!!

GaSo should have been USG from the beginning, and now they are paying for their prideful arrogance, copying the initials of a larger school that had the initials decades before GaSo.

Maybe if they could read a map they would have picked an appropriate name like East Georgia University
09-24-2014 10:01 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
can we seriously drop the whole GS/GSU debate? Georgia Southern is using "GS". Therefore it is a moot point and everybody just needs to suck it up and move on, and use GS. The quicker everyone does that, the better. I'm pretty sure us not using the "U" is not going to change people's perception on our football history, nor will it change out future. Good lord this is insane.
09-24-2014 10:13 AM
StanMolsonMan Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
(09-24-2014 10:13 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  can we seriously drop the whole GS/GSU debate? Georgia Southern is using "GS". Therefore it is a moot point and everybody just needs to suck it up and move on, and use GS. The quicker everyone does that, the better. I'm pretty sure us not using the "U" is not going to change people's perception on our football history, nor will it change out future. Good lord this is insane.

Don't bring reason and common sense into this. This is a message board. You are supposed to check it at the door.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2014 10:18 AM by StanMolsonMan.)
09-24-2014 10:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.