Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rivalry week?
Bookmark and Share
DoubleAggie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Rivalry week?
The authentic rivalry that App and GASO seem to have is good for the conference.

Should the last week of the season be Rivalry week?

The conference probably has to expand before something like that happens, but Texas and Texas A&M ( my alma mater ) made it a Thanksgiving tradition and I think the same would be good for some of these games.

Except does App-GASO exceed GAST-GASO?

Troy-USA
ULL-ULM

ArkSt, Idaho-NMSU-TxSt would have to conjure something up but sometimes other rivalries grow from a regular scheduling.

Just thinking out loud but I like the blood flowing ( meaning enthusiasm, not necessarily violence ).
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2014 09:46 PM by DoubleAggie.)
09-21-2014 09:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SpiritCymbal Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Ga. Southern
RE: Rivalry week?
(09-21-2014 09:45 PM)DoubleAggie Wrote:  Except does App-GASO exceed GAST-GASO?

Yes. Not even a question. It will be decades (if ever) before GaState tops that App St. rivalry.

Geography can be a big factor in rivalries, but it hardly ever tops history.
09-21-2014 09:47 PM
GSUsTALON Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ga.Southern
(09-21-2014 09:45 PM)DoubleAggie Wrote:  The authentic rivalry that App and GASO seem to have is good for the conference.

The conference probably has to expand before something like that happens, but Texas and Texas A&M ( my alma mater ) made it a Thanksgiving tradition and I think the same would be good for some of these games.

Troy-USA
ULL-ULM

ArkSt, Idaho-NMSU-TxSt would have to conjure something up but sometimes other rivalries grow from a regular scheduling.

Just thinking out loud but I like the blood flowing ( meaning enthusiasm, not necessarily violence ).

Does App-GASO exceed GAST-GASO????????????
09-21-2014 09:48 PM
AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(09-21-2014 09:48 PM)GSUsTALON Wrote:  
(09-21-2014 09:45 PM)DoubleAggie Wrote:  The authentic rivalry that App and GASO seem to have is good for the conference.

Troy-USA
ULL-ULM

Does App-GASO exceed GAST-GASO????????????
That this is even a question explains a lot.
09-21-2014 09:50 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU

Troy-USA
[Image: H7NIWmTMSMihYSjLZbVG_Family%20Guy%20Aggressive.gif]
ULL-ULM

09-21-2014 09:58 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU

Troy-USA
ULL-ULM

Or we could just invite Missouri State

ULL ULM
USA Troy
GS App
AState Mizzou State
NMSU Idaho
GSU and Texas State have to make one up.
09-21-2014 10:00 PM
Advertisement

CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
(09-21-2014 10:00 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Troy-USA
ULL-ULM

ULL ULM
USA Troy
GS App
AState Mizzou State
NMSU Idaho

We'll take UH because, well....4-1
We have a H/H scheduled. That would make 4 games in 6 years?
Close enough
09-21-2014 10:07 PM
NashvilleEagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ga. Southern

Troy-USA
ULL-ULM

GSU is not a rival. We have never played them.
09-22-2014 11:06 AM
Hail The Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
I've enjoyed playing App in late October. This year feels too early. Late October is enough to salvage a bad season and take that momentum into the rest of the season, or really take the wind out of your sails down the home stretch. Great time to play a rival.

I wouldn't object to playing GaSt on the last weekend of the season, since most teams play a in-state team that weekend, but we'd be competing against UGA/Tech.
09-22-2014 11:10 AM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
(09-21-2014 10:07 PM)CatMom Wrote:  
(09-21-2014 10:00 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Troy-USA
ULL-ULM

ULL ULM
USA Troy
GS App
AState Mizzou State
NMSU Idaho

We'll take UH because, well....4-1
We have a H/H scheduled. That would make 4 games in 6 years?
Close enough

UTSA as well with the 6 games coming up and short distance betweens schools. You could feel the dislike between them unlike the games with UH.

But as far as conference I want a shot at UL first, then stAte, and then ULM or NMSU.
09-22-2014 11:29 AM
StanMolsonMan Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
Yeah. We are in a tough spot at State. The Southern/State dynamic is a weird one. I mean, I look at our conference schedule and there is no one I'd rather beat, and I would rather lose to anyone else. Southern fans will be damn near suicidal if they lost to us, but if they won... it was almost expected.

I equate it to South Carolina v. Georgia and Georgia v. Florida. South Carolina fans will refer to Georgia all day long as their big conference rival, and a Georgia fan would be quick to point out it isn't a two way street. I think it is the same with State and Southern and Southern and App.
09-22-2014 11:29 AM
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
(09-21-2014 09:58 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  Troy-USA

What is your record against Troy and USA again? 2-5 against Troy and 0-1 against USA? Come on dude. You beat Bowling Green and now you're world beaters?
09-22-2014 11:45 AM
AppfanInCAAland Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
How about a joint rivalry week w/ CUSA.
Troy-UAB
USM-USA
App-UNCC (or Marshall)
TxSt-UTSA
ULL-LaTech
NMSU-UTEP
ODU-JMU (once the Dukies come to their senses, if not than, perhaps you-know-who can have this slot)

ULM and AState vs WKU or MTSU
GaSo and GaSt can play the F_Us perhaps.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2014 12:11 PM by AppfanInCAAland.)
09-22-2014 12:07 PM
bullitt_60 Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
I wouldn't mind beating ODU some more.
09-22-2014 12:08 PM
Ole Sleepy Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
Re: RE: Rivalry week?
(09-22-2014 11:29 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  Yeah. We are in a tough spot at State. The Southern/State dynamic is a weird one. I mean, I look at our conference schedule and there is no one I'd rather beat, and I would rather lose to anyone else. Southern fans will be damn near suicidal if they lost to us, but if they won... it was almost expected.

I equate it to South Carolina v. Georgia and Georgia v. Florida. South Carolina fans will refer to Georgia all day long as their big conference rival, and a Georgia fan would be quick to point out it isn't a two way street. I think it is the same with State and Southern and Southern and App.
I think you nailed it pretty good...and it wasn't until USC started beating UGA that UGA even considered USC a real rivalry.
09-22-2014 12:10 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
(09-22-2014 12:07 PM)AppfanInCAAland Wrote:  How about a joint rivalry week w/ CUSA.
Troy-UAB
USM-USA
App-UNCC (or Marshall)
TxSt-UTSA
ULL-LaTech
NMSU-UTEP
ODU-JMU (once the Dukies come to their senses, if not than, perhaps you-know-who can have this slot)

I like it. Would make scheduling easier too. Add UNT-stAte as they were rivals before UNT left.
09-22-2014 12:13 PM
Advertisement

AppfanInCAAland Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
(09-22-2014 12:13 PM)slycat Wrote:  
(09-22-2014 12:07 PM)AppfanInCAAland Wrote:  How about a joint rivalry week w/ CUSA.
Troy-UAB
USM-USA
App-UNCC (or Marshall)
TxSt-UTSA
ULL-LaTech
NMSU-UTEP

I like it. Would make scheduling easier too. Add UNT-stAte as they were rivals before UNT left.

I didn't know some of the old rivalries. If we go with EKU over JMU, EKU-WKU would another great old-time rivalry.
09-22-2014 12:21 PM
JbirdGata Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: GA Southern
(09-22-2014 12:13 PM)slycat Wrote:  
Troy-UAB
USM-USA
App-UNCC (or Marshall)
TxSt-UTSA
ULL-LaTech
NMSU-UTEP

Yeah and then leave MTSU to Southern. Would rather be rivals with them instead of one of the Florida schools
09-22-2014 12:24 PM
ASUMountaineer Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Appalachian
Troy-UAB
USM-USA
App-UNCC (or Marshall)
TxSt-UTSA
ULL-LaTech
NMSU-UTEP

I like it, except give me Marshall over UNCc any day.
09-22-2014 12:27 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(09-22-2014 11:45 AM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
(09-21-2014 09:58 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  Troy-USA

What is your record against Troy and USA again? 2-5 against Troy and 0-1 against USA? Come on dude. You beat Bowling Green and now you're world beaters?

Come on man take a
joke. I respect both or I would not still come over to the belt board
09-22-2014 12:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.