Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sun Belt games -- week 5 predictions
Bookmark and Share
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
Sun Belt games -- week 5 predictions
Thursday:
App. St. at Ga. Southern: This one will probably be a close game, regardless of how each team is playing. I believe Ga. Southern is the better team this year and will say Ga. Southern 28 App. St. 24

Saturday:
South Alabama at Idaho: I believe South Alabama is better than that 28-6 loss they took from GS. Their defense is a fairly good one. Offensively they must improve. I say they get it done this week: South Alabama 28 Idaho 27.

Troy at ULM:
Troy seems to be headed south fast. I can't see them going to Monroe and winning. ULM 31 Troy 20

NMSU at LSU;
LSU continues their Sun Belt non-conference slate. After LSU lost to Miss. St. I see them being really interested in getting back on track in a big way. LSU 48 NMSU 14

Texas St. at Tulsa.
Texas St. let a great chance for a big win slip away vs. Illinois. I still believe Texas St. is a pretty good team and I say they get it done vs. Tulsa. Texas St. 35 Tulsa 31
09-21-2014 11:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DoubleAggie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
RE: Sun Belt games -- week 5 predictions
App @ GASO - should be entertaining. As a fan I don't want to see GS get too far out in front,
but home field probably counts and makes the difference.

USA @ Idaho - I think USA may be better overall but the trip and home field for the Vandals get
them the vic.

Troy @ ULM - is Troy, even with talent, broken psychologically now? Conventional wisdom ( which is usually wrong )
says yes, and so do I.

NMSU @ LSU

TxSt @ Tulsa - 'Tulsa, a slut' is a palindrome. That and home field get them the win.
09-21-2014 12:20 PM
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(09-21-2014 12:20 PM)DoubleAggie Wrote:  App @ GASO - should be entertaining. As a fan I don't want to see GS get too far out in front,

USA @ Idaho - I think USA may be better overall but the trip and home field for the Vandals get
them the vic.

Troy @ ULM - is Troy, even with talent, broken psychologically now? Conventional wisdom ( which is usually wrong )
says yes, and so do I.

NMSU @ LSU

TxSt @ Tulsa - 'Tulsa, a slut' is a palindrome. That and home field get them the win.

RE: USA @ Idaho - East to West travel is often to the advantage of the traveling team. USA in a cakewalk.
09-21-2014 06:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Appalachian St
Appalachian State @ Georgia Southern - Eagles win initial installment of the rivalry between the former SoCon conference mates.
South Alabama @ Idaho - Jaguars sack the Vandals.
Troy @ Louisiana Monroe - Warhawks shoot down the Trojans.
New Mexico State @ LSU - Tigers take out frustrations on Aggies
Texas State @ Tulsa - Bobcats get rocked by the (Golden) Hurricane.
09-21-2014 07:04 PM
GSUCadet Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GS & GT
As we start to get into some conference games, here are my predictions for week 5 in the Sunbelt Conference:

App State @ Georgia Southern 38-28: I think this will be a lot closer than most GS fans will be comfortable with. I still think the Eagles pull through in the 4th and walk away with a clear and decisive win during the 28th meeting of this rivalry.

South Alabama @ Idaho 28-14: South Alabama has a great defense. If only they can get their offense together, making shorter passes, instead of trying to throw long down field. Idaho's only advantage is the fact that they are hosting, and USA has to make the long trip to Moscow.

Troy @ ULM 35-10: Troy has been disappointing all around this season. ULM should easily pull away with a clear win.

New Mexico State @ LSU 42-0: I see this game being a shut out. LSU has a great defense, and will put on some points on NMSU.

Texas State @ Tulsa 24-17: Tulsa lost horribly to FAU two weeks ago. Still, they had a bye last week and should go out playing strong. Texas State has been pretty decent so far this season, playing Illinois pretty closely, and I see them pulling the win.

Ark State, Louisiana, and Georgia State all on a bye week.
I hope you will all be watching the App @ GS game on Thursday @ 7:30pm ET on ESPNU!
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2014 07:07 PM by GSUCadet.)
09-21-2014 07:06 PM
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
03-weeping

For some reason I thought we had a Bye week this week.03-weeping
09-21-2014 07:42 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Im going with a upset week in the SBC...

App@ Ga Southern....Close game App comes away with a 3 point win.

USA @ Idaho....Wouldnt call it a upset either way IMO. But the Vandals play better at home.

TROY @ ULM....If Troy is going to right the ship this is the week to do so. Players are not happy with the results thus far and play a solid game. ULM has had our number during our good years. Pay back is a ***** this year.

NMSU @ LSU....I aint stupid, LSU will crush NMSU after what happened to LSU this past week. No upset for you.

Texas State @ Tulsa...Wouldnt call this much of a upset either. Tulsa isnt good this year. Blow out loss to FAU looks bad.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2014 07:54 PM by Atlanta Trojan.)
09-21-2014 07:51 PM
Advertisement

GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
App State @ Georgia Southern 45-21:Every now and then we have a blowout in this series. The Eagles are focused and playing as a team this year. The series has not gone our way recently so we are looking to take out our frustration.

South Alabama @ Idaho 24-17: South Alabama gets back on track

Troy @ ULM 24 -6: Troy finally gets a TD..........and misses the extra point.

New Mexico State @ LSU 59-6: LSU is mad.

Texas State @ Tulsa 24-21: TX St bounces back after a tough loss.
09-21-2014 07:53 PM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
GS over App by 10
USA over Idaho by 10
ULM over Troy by 17
LSU over NMSU by 35
TX St vs Tulsa is too close to call

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
09-22-2014 06:26 AM
Advertisement

gsu2583 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ga Southern
(09-21-2014 12:20 PM)DoubleAggie Wrote:  App @ GASO - should be entertaining. As a fan I don't want to see GS get too far out in front,

them the vic.

says yes, and so do I.

NMSU @ LSU

More of an anagram than a palindrome.

Boob is a palindrome.
A but tuba is a palindrome (one of Apps favorites.)
Don't nod.

You get it.
09-22-2014 06:50 AM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
Appalachian State @ Georgia Southern - Eagles win. In Statesbourgh, rivalry or not, I don't think App is good enough. Should be a fun one. Looking forward to Thursday to get my first watch of this rivalry.
South Alabama @ Idaho - Jags should bounce back after the GS loss
Troy @ Louisiana Monroe - ULM wins easy
New Mexico State @ LSU - NMSU collects a paycheck and avoids injuries
Texas State @ Tulsa - Bobcats win a in a game thats closer then it should be
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2014 10:12 AM by slycat.)
09-22-2014 10:02 AM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(09-21-2014 06:26 PM)airtroop Wrote:  

them the vic.

says yes, and so do I.

NMSU @ LSU

RE: USA @ Idaho - East to West travel is often to the advantage of the traveling team. USA in a cakewalk.

Indeed. What the heck does a NMSU fan know about football?
09-22-2014 10:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.