Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NBC SN CAA Television Slate Announced
Bookmark and Share
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: William & Mary
NBC SN CAA Television Slate Announced
http://www.caasports.com/news/2014/8/28/...44126.aspx

Tribe featured in 3 of the 10 regular season national games on NBCSN.
08-28-2014 01:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hktribefan Offline
1st String

RE: NBC SN CAA Television Slate Announced
(08-28-2014 01:48 PM)mrjoolius Wrote:  http://www.caasports.com/news/2014/8/28/...44126.aspx

Tribe featured in 3 of the 10 regular season national games on NBCSN.

Two of those at home too...hope we can get a good turnout for those games.
08-28-2014 01:51 PM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

Re: NBC SN CAA Television Slate Announced
Also, there is the link to the full conference schedule

http://www.caasports.com/common/controls...?doc=1968&
08-28-2014 01:52 PM
hktribefan Offline
1st String

Schedule up on tribeathletics.com too:

http://www.tribeathletics.com/SportSelec...SID=606372

Looks like our game at Florida is on the SEC Network.
08-28-2014 02:00 PM
Advertisement

mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

I'm curious as well in what games Comcast picks up as well as this ASN.
08-28-2014 02:13 PM
TDenverFan Offline
All American

Man, our OOC home schedule is kinda drab. Also not a fan of playing JMU while everyone is gone for spring break.
08-28-2014 02:28 PM
Tribal Offline

(08-28-2014 02:28 PM)TDenverFan Wrote:  Man, our OOC home schedule is kinda drab. Also not a fan of playing JMU while everyone is gone for spring break.

I hear ya but consider a few things. #1, the CAA is basically a one bid conference so losing to "better" teams such as Duke, Michigan, and Louisville does nothing for us. #2, it's all about winning the CAAT, where, again, losing to premiere schools does nothing. #3 We pretty much own JMU in MBB so we will beat them no matter where or when we play them and in front of 10 or 10,000 students.
08-28-2014 04:45 PM
Advertisement

TDenverFan Offline
All American

(08-28-2014 04:45 PM)Tribal Wrote:  
(08-28-2014 02:28 PM)TDenverFan Wrote:  Man, our OOC home schedule is kinda drab. Also not a fan of playing JMU while everyone is gone for spring break.

I hear ya but consider a few things. #1, the CAA is basically a one bid conference so losing to "better" teams such as Duke, Michigan, and Louisville does nothing for us. #2, it's all about winning the CAAT, where, again, losing to premiere schools does nothing. #3 We pretty much own JMU in MBB so we will beat them no matter where or when we play them and in front of 10 or 10,000 students.

Yeah but as a student, selfishly, I want to be there at that game. And I get the road slate isn't a big deal, I was just hoping we'd have 1 or 2 more road games, and against a few bigger name teams.

Plus while the CAA is normally a 1 bid league, the NIT, CBI, or CIT are all possible
08-28-2014 07:59 PM
Tribal Offline

Shhhh, never mention the NIT, CBI, or CIT around here...those worthy/potential/"undesirable"/meaningless appearances nearly caused a civil war on the CAAzone earlier this year.

I'm thrilled a current student is so heavily involved in Tribe athletics. Kudos to you.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2014 08:12 PM by Tribal.)
08-28-2014 08:10 PM
Tribeheart Offline
Heisman

(08-28-2014 01:48 PM)mrjoolius Wrote:  Tribe featured in 3 of the 10 regular season national games on NBCSN.

There are actually only 7 regular season games being televised by NBCSN. The other 3 games are the tourney semis and final. We made out pretty good with only Northeastern getting 3 games, also.

Kudos to the coaching staff for a respectable OOC IMAO, considering we are not playing in any early season tournament. Bookend games with Florida and UNC will gauge (very well) team progress prior to starting conference play, and losses won't hurt post season consideration. Those two high profile games, also, give Marcus an opportunity to deservedly raise his national exposure. Tony will have extra time to prepare for UNC that WIlliams will not. Richmond, ODU, Wofford and High Point are all winnable and will solidify RPI.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2014 10:18 PM by Tribeheart.)
08-28-2014 10:05 PM
Advertisement

TDenverFan Offline
All American

(08-28-2014 08:10 PM)Tribal Wrote:  Shhhh, never mention the NIT, CBI, or CIT around here...those worthy/potential/"undesirable"/meaningless appearances nearly caused a civil war on the CAAzone earlier this year.

I'm thrilled a current student is so heavily involved in Tribe athletics. Kudos to you.

I've never underside that mentality for a team like us. We've never made the tournament, any post season play should be good. Sure the big one would be the best by a mile, but the Nit has value
08-28-2014 10:22 PM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

I think they would love the opportunity for the NIT if they fall short of the NCAAs. I just don't think the school is willing to spend $$ for the pay-and-play tournaments like the CIT/CBI.
08-29-2014 03:03 AM
62Indian Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W&M
(08-29-2014 03:03 AM)mrjoolius Wrote:  I think they would love the opportunity for the NIT if they fall short of the NCAAs. I just don't think the school is willing to spend $$ for the pay-and-play tournaments like the CIT/CBI.

I agree with MrJ - the players and the "program" have better things to do [with their time and their money] than to participate in a "pay-to play" tournament.
08-29-2014 09:44 AM
nj alum Offline
Petulant

I Root For: william & mary
Oh brother ... as most of you know, I strongly disagree ... the post-season is the post-season, and the Tribe should play in the post-season.

Quick ... how many post-season experiences does Tribe hoops have? Care to compare that to the post-season experiences of practically every other sport at W&M?

Maybe, just maybe, a team with some name recognition might actually visit the Hall as part of the CBI / CIT.

Don't get me going!

It's football season ... let me enjoy that first!

:-)
08-29-2014 09:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.